Which OSP blade is similar to Michael Maze

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I wanted to find a replacement of Michael Maze ( i know, why I wanna do this ??, It has gone very old)

Which OSP blade will be very close to MM in terms of Speed, Spin, Control.

I have tried, Timo Bol ALC, but did not liked the feel and control.

Can anyone suggest

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, the thing is, OSP is known for specializing in all wood blades that replicate the feel of old, classic Stiga blades. So I would say none of them are remotely close to the Maze blade.

Have you ever tried a Stiga Clipper? If you wanted to try an all wood blade that is similar speed and dwell time to Maze, that would be an All Wood blade that is similar in some ways. But it will feel very different than the Maze. Not sure there would be a point in trying an OSP blade that is similar to a Clipper and costs 2x more without knowing if you like the Clipper to begin with.

I would actually say, just keep getting people to let you try their rackets. You may also try a DHS ML5. That may a good fit if you were using a Maze. It at least has the same top ply (Limba).

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
DHS Fang Bo II is may be a cheaper alternative for ML 5 .. it has the same exact ply combination and its way cheaper.

Its a little stiffer and the handle is different ..

I haven't played with MM blade , but I think Carl's advice on trying wood blades may be spot on ..

Yeah, the thing is, OSP is known for specializing in all wood blades that replicate the feel of old, classic Stiga blades. So I would say none of them are remotely close to the Maze blade.

Have you ever tried a Stiga Clipper? If you wanted to try an all wood blade that is similar speed and dwell time to Maze, that would be an All Wood blade that is similar in some ways. But it will feel very different than the Maze. Not sure there would be a point in trying an OSP blade that is similar to a Clipper and costs 2x more without knowing if you like the Clipper to begin with.

I would actually say, just keep getting people to let you try their rackets. You may also try a DHS ML5. That may a good fit if you were using a Maze. It at least has the same top ply (Limba).

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I wanted to find a replacement of Michael Maze ( i know, why I wanna do this ??, It has gone very old)

Which OSP blade will be very close to MM in terms of Speed, Spin, Control.

I have tried, Timo Bol ALC, but did not liked the feel and control.

Can anyone suggest

I have a Michael Maze AND an OSP Virtuoso +.

As others have stated, OSP are known for their great all wood blades (and yes, they do have carbon variants, but I don't know how those would compare to the Maze). It might be difficult for you to find a blade that's just like your Maze, since each blade (even within the same product type) varies - you might even find my Maze different from yours.

My Maze and OSP are quite a bit different - the Maze is quite fast, crisp feeling with much less vibration/feedback. The OSP is also fast, but only about 90% as fast as the Maze with the same rubbers, but the vibration/feedback is awesome. Personally, I prefer the feel of an all-wood blade, so the OSP is actually more enjoyable to use than the Maze for me.

Based on those three dimensions you listed (Speed, Spin, and Control), relative to each other and using the same rubber, here is how I would compare the two:

Speed: Maze is faster than the OSP Virtuoso +
Spin: Spin is about equal, maybe a slight edge to the OSP being spinnier because of the slower speed
Control: OSP has better control (due to the slower speed and better feel?) than the Maze

I think you'll need to accept that whatever new blade you get, there will be an adjustment period as you get used to it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have a Michael Maze AND an OSP Virtuoso +.

As others have stated, OSP are known for their great all wood blades (and yes, they do have carbon variants, but I don't know how those would compare to the Maze). It might be difficult for you to find a blade that's just like your Maze, since each blade (even within the same product type) varies - you might even find my Maze different from yours.

My Maze and OSP are quite a bit different - the Maze is quite fast, crisp feeling with much less vibration/feedback. The OSP is also fast, but only about 90% as fast as the Maze with the same rubbers, but the vibration/feedback is awesome. Personally, I prefer the feel of an all-wood blade, so the OSP is actually more enjoyable to use than the Maze for me.

Based on those three dimensions you listed (Speed, Spin, and Control), relative to each other and using the same rubber, here is how I would compare the two:

Speed: Maze is faster than the OSP Virtuoso +
Spin: Spin is about equal, maybe a slight edge to the OSP being spinnier because of the slower speed
Control: OSP has better control (due to the slower speed and better feel?) than the Maze

I think you'll need to accept that whatever new blade you get, there will be an adjustment period as you get used to it.

This is an excellent post.

Reactions: Nate4s