Table - Indoor or Outdoor

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I'm interested in buying a new table, but i don't know if I buy an indoor or an outdoor one, because the place it will be set up has a roof, but is still exposed to wind and humidity, although it doesn't get hit with direct sunlight. The one i have is a cheap no brand one that has around 15 years, and its taken its toll, it's bent and the screws attaching the "wood" to the metal structure have come loose.

An outdoor table is probably the safe bet, but I wonder if i'm losing a lot of value in playability compared to and outdoor one. I'm thinking of spending around 500€. I was eyeing a Decathlon branded one (Pongori) that's the top of the line, it looks better than a similarly priced Cornilleau.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I know the higher end Cornilleau outdoor tables are quite good. I have no idea about lower end versions. How the table plays and how it lasts seems to be most important. It is hard to tell how a table will play without examining the playing surface up close.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I'll probably buy from Decathlon, since it's the only local store that i can buy from easily. Joola also has representation in my country, so my options are limited to Cornilleau models (the cheaper ITTF approved one at 550€ is out of stock -22mm), Joola Transport (370€ - 19mm) and World Cup (470€ - 22mm), and Artengo (Decathlon brand) FFTT (maybe also ITTF) approved at €370, also 22mm. The latter looks pretty good at that price. These are all indoor models.

Maybe it's too much money for something i may be using ocasionally and won't last that many years, but the cheaper models are still around the 200-300 mark, so not that distant.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
That's what i was thinking, and i can always move it inside and outside whenever i want to play, since it is setup on the open part of a shed/barn like structure, and i have space to play both on the inside and on the outside. The only problem is humidity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I've been asking for quotes on outdoor tables, and have now the Cornilleau 300 Crossover and 500 Crossover, and the Butterfly Timo Boll Crossline on my list. Has anyone tried any of them?

Also asked for quotes on Donic and Tibhar outdoor tables.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
The outdoor table is a better choice if you can cover it after playing. I like playing on the yard with fresh air. And it's probably better for your health.