Ryu Seung Min soon to be a proud father

On the 21st December 2011 Former Olympic Champion Ryu Seung Min announced that he will soon to be a father. Ryu showed lots of excitement as he spoke to the reporter and claimed he already has a nickname for his new baby.

ryu-wedding-3.jpg

Following his wedding vows with wife Lee Yun Hee after the World Championships in 2011, Ryu has taken a back seat to table tennis. Ryu Seung Min has nicknamed his baby 'Da Fa' which is Chinese and the baby is due in May 2012.

Ryu Seung Min has been playing superb table tennis recently and he puts it all down to the fact that his life is more balanced. Ryu furthered, "since my marriage I have had a lot more free time to relax, I don't need to worry to much on the outcome of the match".

Ryu is not included in the main line up for the London Olympics 2012 however he's still preparing for it! Ryu Seung Min went on to say, "just like my sons nickname, I hope to create surprises with a big victory in the London 2012 Olympic games". We wish Ryu the best of luck!

Thanks to TableTennisTa for the update on Ryu Seung Min.

Have you voted for the ultimate table tennis shot of the year? If not click here :)

TableTennisDaily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
"Ryu is not included in the London Olympics 2012 however he is still preparing for it! Ryu Seung Min went on to say, "just like my sons nickname, I hope to create surprises with a big victory in the London 2012 Olympic games". We wish Ryu the best of luck!"

He is not included but he hopes to surprise?

Can you explain that please?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
"Ryu is not included in the London Olympics 2012 however he is still preparing for it! Ryu Seung Min went on to say, "just like my sons nickname, I hope to create surprises with a big victory in the London 2012 Olympic games". We wish Ryu the best of luck!"

He is not included but he hopes to surprise?

Can you explain that please?

Hey Lunte

Sorry for the confusion. I believe the Korean team has already been picked for the London 2012 Olympics however I think the coach can still change his mind on the team selection. Also players may drop out due to injury ect.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I was in a cafeteria in Summer 2011 with one of my KFTTC friends when he answered his phone and said "Hello, Seung Min SSi" my jaw dropped. RSM calling my friend while we were eating. This was right after he got married and was on his way to the airport for his honeymoon. RSM has been REAL busy since then NOT spending much time in Korea.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Hey Lunte

Sorry for the confusion. I believe the Korean team has already been picked for the London 2012 Olympics however I think the coach can still change his mind on the team selection. Also players may drop out due to injury ect.

Hey,thanks for the clarification.