Broken blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Through long hard pushes and chop blocks I have slowly been damaging my bat, and today it took a hard blow. Any suggestions on fixing, regluing it, or preventing further damage? I think when I reglue the rubbers I'm gonna switch which side my FH and BH rubbers go so the damage will end up on he other side. Thanks!
983d51fbd60994e54ecf5b91ac552296.jpg
32774601093eb24c4b194ef10362e4d2.jpg
891611d5e23fc302dfaeec976c641d3b.jpg

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Wow that is some serious damage! To be onest I have no other tip than prevent hitting the table.

but there is something what I did when I bought my first expensive blade. I bought a 50 meter of 6mm edge tape and when I stuck one rubber on I put on 5 layers of 6mm edge tape and then cut the rubber around the edge tape took the tape off and did the same on the other rubber. So when it was finished the rubbers where overlapping like 3 milimeters over the blade like the pro players do aswell. It makes it a bit more head heavy but the blade has good protection, atleast better than just edge tape.

Hope that helps!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Hmm that is Nasty Abe! 😆 you've been training alot. Well experience after aquiring a new bat slap your rubbers and use 5pcs bty power tape. Its somewhat alluminum sidetape protector that even if you accidentaly hit the edge of the table..your blade will stay clean. Only the power tape takes the beating

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: agold
says Aging is a killer
I can see that you are like me and also have some blade-damaging habits.
There are several hits on that blade but overall it looks quite playable.
The simplest thing is to replace the blade and budget to buy a new one every year or so. You could also sell the damaged one on ebay to help offset the cost of a new blade. A Viscaria in that condition should be worth around 20-30% of purchase price. And remember to protect the new blade as previous posters have suggested.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
AGold, Have you been chewing on the edge of your blade again????

This is what I would say: you have used that blade pretty hard. Don't worry about it. Keep using it. At a certain point you will know that the blade is done and you need a new one. Use it as long as you can and when you need a new one, get one.

When you get the new one, just try not to hit the table as much. Yes it happens every so often. It happens to everyone. But that looks like it is happening a bit more than it should. So you just have to be a bit more careful and figure out what you are doing when you slam the table.

Is it serves? Those aren't from pushes because on pushes you will hit the flat part of the table so you won't get gashes like that. It looks like you are hitting the sharp corner of the table. Do you know what you are doing when you slam it the worst and get the worst gashes?

If you can figure that out, then you negotiate things so that does not happen as much. Like, I used to do that on my serves, particularly my hook serve. I just changed the angle of my body a tiny bit and it usually does not happen any more.

Last edited:
Through long hard pushes and chop blocks I have slowly been damaging my bat, and today it took a hard blow. Any suggestions on fixing, regluing it, or preventing further damage? I think when I reglue the rubbers I'm gonna switch which side my FH and BH rubbers go so the damage will end up on he other side. Thanks!
983d51fbd60994e54ecf5b91ac552296.jpg
32774601093eb24c4b194ef10362e4d2.jpg
891611d5e23fc302dfaeec976c641d3b.jpg

Breaks my heart to see a viscaria like that. :(( My own viscaria got a huge ding when I pushed/chopped a ball that dropped near the edge. huhuhu

Its gunna be ugly either way and he will bust it again.

With time he will get the touch to avoid to happen so much.

Abe shapes up to be ALMOST as much as hell on blades as I am.

maybe I toss him a Nexy Sparticus carbon blade I got laying around not in use...

Interesting... After I dinged my viscaria, I kinda became conscious of not using overly excessive strokes. Sometimes I don't attack or do something about balls that are too low on the table or falling near the edge of the table. I get the feeling and the thought of not hitting my blade on the table again. :))

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Don't worry about it. Play it as long as you can. And get a new blade when you need to. You can also get Can or Hippo to help you with sanding when you re -glue. But don't worry about the damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk