Butterfly Timo Boll ZLC + T64 FH & T05-FX BH combination

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What MDanielCRO says is true. That blade is a rocket. It is a good blade. But it is a rocket. I know several intermediate level amateurs who use that blade or used it at some point. Some of them wised up and realized it was too fast. I do not know any pros who use that blade.

So the question would be, what makes you think you want it? Have you tried one?

Also, I am not sure of any of the basic high end blades that come with a case. Most of the blades that people buy that are for real play just come in a box of some kind and the box would not stand up as a case if you were putting it in your bag and carrying it from place to place for months and years. Examples of blades that do not come with a case: TB Spirit, TB ALC, TB ZLF, TB ZLC, Viscaria, Photino, ZJK, ZJK ALC, ZJK Super ZLC, Stiga Ebenholz, Stiga Rosewood, Stiga Clipper, Stiga Intensity, Stiga Infinity, Stiga Offensive Classic, Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive, etc, etc.

Usually, if a blade comes with a case it is either, a pre-made blade for recreational use and the case is not really what you want anyway, and neither is the blade. Or it is for vanity, the blade costs way more than it should, and it is not actually even for playing. That is at least my experience.

Reactions: castaway2020
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I agree with the two guys above me, tb zlc is a beast. Putting a t64 is way of target most of the time and executing skills and ball feel is not that impressive.. if youre planning for that blade i would suggest t05 36degrees on fh. Fx will work just fine on bh. And yes tbzlc comes with a blue box.

Im not quite sure i think robert gardos is using tb zlc.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: castaway2020
This user has no status.
thanks for your answers , my style is offensive mainly in forehand and backhand is not strong enough like forehand , and about the case i read in some where that the blade comes with a case ( which not important for me i just wondering , i will buy the blade not the case ) , after that i knew that the limited edition comes with Timo Boll case
and about the speed specially with the T 64 will try ,...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Based on this statement:

and backhand is not strong enough like forehand

And this statement:

not that bad also not pro. just need to be better

I would recommend something other than the TB ZLC. I would actually recommend something that is all wood. If you need to work on your backhand I would recommend you get something that would help that process. There are lots of blades that might be good for you but I don't recommend you get something as fast as a TB ZLC. I actually don't recommend you getting something as fast as the TB ALC either although it is a really good blade and you would like it.

Avalox P-500 would probably be good for you. That is the blade Kong Linghui used before he went to a Butterfly sponsorship.

Also, Butterfly Kong Linqui would be good.

Those blades would give you more than enough offense for the forehand without being too fast and would help you really improve your backhand and develop the skills you need on that wing. A blade that is as fast as the TB ZLC might be fine for your forehand but you would not be able to get control and learn to improve your backhand with it.

The wood on the outer ply of Kong Linghui blade and Avalox P-500 is Koto like the TB series blades. So it would have something that the TB blades have because of the Koto top ply. With a blade faster than that, you will continue having trouble controlling the ball with your backhand and your skills on that wing will lag behind.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
so i have a question, if i training 2 hours 3 times on week, style offensive, no problem with forehand and backhand (1st combination :sriver L (forehand) and sriver FX (backhand) 3 years later, second combination: dhs skyline 3 neo (FH) and Tenergy 80 (BH) both combinations with VISCARIA LIGHT and 2 years later i want to change the blade(the TB ZLC with control rubbers) will works ok? .will not have the reaction like a rocket? thanks for your time!!!!:cool:

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
My take on this :- if you want it, and you can afford it, then you might as well go for it - because even if you resist, sooner or later you're going to give in and buy it anyway ! Self-denial may be very worthy, but worthiness alone doesn't help you get any more enjoyment from your TT.

Reactions: elrigo99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Guys,I just received my new mj super zlc and I like to make a review about it but I don't know how to use tapatalk because I'm just a newbie here XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
Oct 2010
it's rely on your style, and ur level, ZLC is really a wonderful rocket, but i think u need Tenergy 05 FH and Tenergy 05 FX for BH, also u need Hardness for FH to improve ur FH.

This user has no status.
I started with JM ZLC and Tenergy 05FX FH and Tenergy 64 BH, was it right or great for me? maybe not, but definitely it is a fine combination, it is only me i can't use or control it good enough, now will that means i must stop using it and go for something that can help me for control and improve my style or hits? maybe yes, but then what will be that choice? i opened a thread, and members gave me their opinions and recommendations, but at the end i wasn't sure about anything of what they told me and what i look for, so i am trying to buy few rackets time to time and see which one is closer to give me better playing with and see why is that to determine the type of blade that should work for my style until i can improve to use my high level one i have.