Fastest

This user has no status.
Schildkrot Syed 900.
Quoting our beloved Der-Echte:
"Fast with a capital F. Supersonic on the low end, impulse warp speed on medium strokes, beyond Mr. Sulu and CPT Kirk’s comprehension on power shots. There is not a piece of TT equipment to compare it to. You have to use the Enterprise or similar space ships. "

On a more serious note though, BTY W.Schlager and Kim Taek Soo should still be up there at the peak for the fastest blades for shakehand and pen hold....

Fastest rubber should be Bryce Speed. At least out of all the rubbers I have tried. Which is ALOT.

Joola Kool is the faster I've tried so far, faster than all the other off+ blade I tried by a pretty large margin (including Mizutani Jun ZLC, Amultart, Photino, H1-9, Hayabuza Zxi....and many many others).

Considering the Joola Kool is usually 10+g lighter than the other off+ I've tried, it's pretty impressive.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Akrasia is billed to be the fastest blade on the planet as a result of a challenge to Nexy Korea President, but I really believe it will not be the absolute fastest blade in terms of sheer speed.

However, I totally believe it will be the fastest blade capable of producing acceptable spin consistently and that is what matters to the overwhelming majority of TT players. That is the REAL goal Oscar Moon has in mind designing it.

So what if you got the speed of the Schildkrot 900, if you cannot topspin the ball and control your shots, it is useless.

Now the Shildkrot 900, some forum member LONG ago started the idea of a top secret super-fast blade by a manufacturer know for super slow recreational bats, that brand even had a turtle as is mark to get across the idea of slow and safe.

There were already a couple very short discussions and reviews of that mythical blade, I waited to get everyone's feel and expectations, then raised the bar to a whole new level and put some time into articulating it in a way the forum members could appreciate.

Carl, you prolly never saw the review... take a peek at it over at OOAK... http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5437

Carl, I think you would have loved that thread if you were foruming back then.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Schildkrot Syed 900.
Quoting our beloved Der-Echte:
"Fast with a capital F. Supersonic on the low end, impulse warp speed on medium strokes, beyond Mr. Sulu and CPT Kirk’s comprehension on power shots. There is not a piece of TT equipment to compare it to. You have to use the Enterprise or similar space ships. "

On a more serious note though, BTY W.Schlager and Kim Taek Soo should still be up there at the peak for the fastest blades for shakehand and pen hold....

Fastest rubber should be Bryce Speed. At least out of all the rubbers I have tried. Which is ALOT.

Haha Cake, so you took the trip to OOAK and it had to be worth it. We forumers started talking about this noise at a different forum way back (DTTW) and carried it over to Haggisv's forum and built it up. There had to be over a dozen of us pimping it up.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Butterfly Schlager Carbon, Schlager himself said that he can't control it hahahaha. I have had a hit with one, weighs as mcuh as a mack truck....

Hahah! Makes me wonder who the blade is made for. :D And the most fun about that is to see amateur players using it just because they think it makes them as good as schlager...

Those are somehow legends also. Yes Schlager always used a primorac carbon and not the shlager carbon........is it because Schalger can't control the Schlager carbon ? Certainly not. Is it becaue Schalger was playing BETTER with primorac carbon ? Certainly yes.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Those are somehow legends also. Yes Schlager always used a primorac carbon and not the shlager carbon........is it because Schalger can't control the Schlager carbon ? Certainly not. Is it becaue Schalger was playing BETTER with primorac carbon ? Certainly yes.
I watched an interview where he talked about the blade butterfly created for him, they asked why he didnt use it and he said it was too heavy and fast. I'll try and find the video.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I tried a joola R2 once. It was fast with little feel. I don't know why anyone would buy one unless they only wanted raw speed.