Analyze my style :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Kakabalik mo lang ulit from a 2 week rest on training on the video, you need to start with the stance before hitting the ball,better if you go a bit low on stance and lean forward a bit like a hunchback medyo kuba. On the video i can see you are hitting the ball but not grazing the ball enough to produce a better arc, that is important. In order to achieve that you need to stabilize your stance on a bit lower position not just standing flat on your feet relaxed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Kakabalik mo lang ulit from a 2 week rest on training on the video, you need to start with the stance before hitting the ball,better if you go a bit low on stance and lean forward a bit like a hunchback medyo kuba. On the video i can see you are hitting the ball but not grazing the ball enough to produce a better arc, that is important. In order to achieve that you need to stabilize your stance on a bit lower position not just standing flat on your feet relaxed.

haha the rubber is new and the approach is different
lol are you filipino?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
You need also to use religiously the weight weight transer on every fh stroke. The hip mvmnt will give you an extra space exrra brush when you hit the ball close to your body and at the same you would notice the recovery is better. The fh stroke should be uniform meaning you need to put a standard stroke if you are hitting rolling ball coming from a block the arm should have a flight path save that on your memory disc in our brain and train yourself to take the ball on the rise, early, and late. Timing is very important that is why i said you need a better training partner. Before you hit the ball never run towards the ball with an extended arm, utilize the use of lateral mvmnt, lift your body as you move laterally reposition yourself before hitting the ball. It will burn thighs yes but it will give you a better stable shots than leaning left to right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I also notice in the fh drill the head of your bat is position sideways. Manerism and it might affect power release when you spin (you might end up chicken wing) when you force it and it will strain your wrist, when we ask students to drill we always tell them head of the bat pointing up 12 o clock. Better control better graze on the ball on short explosive attacks and countertopspin near table. I want you visit TTD review on H8 and observe how Dan takes the ball (bat position) drills and countertopspin.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Your form seems very nice and compact. This is what I could observe :
1. You could use with a lower stance , this does not mean bending from your back but a little more squatting with an upright position from back upwards, watch Zhang Jike in the middle of a rally to get inspired, not too much though, don't copy how they bend before receiving serve that is more habit than a real technique.
2. You have to try to take the ball at 2 o clock , currently you are taking it too late on your forehand even for topspin balls. The reason you are missing is because you are letting the ball rise on you too much and taking it too late. You will also end up with back pain if you continue doing this.
You have to take the ball earlier on forehand and use timing to generate power and spin and not only use your body to generate spin by taking the ball late. This is a common mistake and I also suffer from it. At lower levels its very tempting to take the ball late and put so much spin that your opponnent misses the first block . However, this does not let you develop your game further. The more balls you land on the table with spin , early timing and placement the sooner you will become better. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I also notice in the fh drill the head of your bat is position sideways. Manerism and it might affect power release when you spin (you might end up chicken wing) when you force it and it will strain your wrist, when we ask students to drill we always tell them head of the bat pointing up 12 o clock. Better control better graze on the ball on short explosive attacks and countertopspin near table. I want you visit TTD review on H8 and observe how Dan takes the ball (bat position) drills and countertopspin.

I am not sure this translated correctly.

What is wrong with having the paddle head point out to the side? Better players let it point a little downwards and use their elbow and wrist to snap the paddle head up for more spin. I don't see how pointing the head upwards is good. One can only block with a little topspin.

When blocking it is better to keep your elbow low, I think it is low because I am tall, and the the head pointed somewhat upwards but Rajaloopah is not blocking. It is hard for me to get so low the paddle head is pointed straight up and why would I want my paddle pointed straight up? I can't make a good loop with my paddle pointed straight up, just block.

I think RajahLoopa is doing OK but his practice partner is not hitting the ball back fast enough to put RajaLoopah under any time pressure.

I really don't see what I call a style here. This is just a drill. I see some good strokes but can you do them under pressure? I think of a style as being a blocker/hitter, looper, fisher, chopper, lobber, combination player, angle player, etc.