Analyze my style :)

This user has no status.
Your form seems very nice and compact. This is what I could observe :
1. You could use with a lower stance , this does not mean bending from your back but a little more squatting with an upright position from back upwards, watch Zhang Jike in the middle of a rally to get inspired, not too much though, don't copy how they bend before receiving serve that is more habit than a real technique.
2. You have to try to take the ball at 2 o clock , currently you are taking it too late on your forehand even for topspin balls. The reason you are missing is because you are letting the ball rise on you too much and taking it too late. You will also end up with back pain if you continue doing this.
You have to take the ball earlier on forehand and use timing to generate power and spin and not only use your body to generate spin by taking the ball late. This is a common mistake and I also suffer from it. At lower levels its very tempting to take the ball late and put so much spin that your opponnent misses the first block . However, this does not let you develop your game further. The more balls you land on the table with spin , early timing and placement the sooner you will become better. Hope this helps.

Yes yes I am taking the ball late
I will try to adjust. Thankyou :)

This user has no status.
I am not sure this translated correctly.

What is wrong with having the paddle head point out to the side? Better players let it point a little downwards and use their elbow and wrist to snap the paddle head up for more spin. I don't see how pointing the head upwards is good. One can only block with a little topspin.

When blocking it is better to keep your elbow low, I think it is low because I am tall, and the the head pointed somewhat upwards but Rajaloopah is not blocking. It is hard for me to get so low the paddle head is pointed straight up and why would I want my paddle pointed straight up? I can't make a good loop with my paddle pointed straight up, just block.

I think RajahLoopa is doing OK but his practice partner is not hitting the ball back fast enough to put RajaLoopah under any time pressure.

I really don't see what I call a style here. This is just a drill. I see some good strokes but can you do them under pressure? I think of a style as being a blocker/hitter, looper, fisher, chopper, lobber, combination player, angle player, etc.

It is really hard if there is no coach
To further develop my game that is why
I wanted to show myself playing for
Players to see what am I doing wrong :)

I think it is funny if the title says
"Analyze me" or "critizice me" lol ????????

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Diffrent school of teaching makes the skill much better and more effective than others.

You are on a competitive level regionals, you deserve a higher level of skill with proper guidance of a coach.
If by chance you are in Manila you can come visit us. Just pm me early and we can arrange a sessions and include you

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Diffrent school of teaching makes the skill much better and more effective than others.

You are on a competitive level regionals, you deserve a higher level of skill with proper guidance of a coach.
If by chance you are in Manila you can come visit us. Just pm me early and we can arrange a sessions and include you

I am already going in Nationals :) Region 2 player :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
It is really hard if there is no coach
To further develop my game that is why
I wanted to show myself playing for
Players to see what am I doing wrong :)

I think it is funny if the title says
"Analyze me" or "critizice me" lol ????????
Actually you are not doin it wrong.. but you on a competitive level there is a much better way, better skill technique for you. Majority of population in our country 60 to 70% play and move almost the same, if you wanna be better and excel than the majority you have to train insane.

This user has no status.
Actually you are not doin it wrong.. but you on a competitive level there is a much better way, better skill technique for you. Majority of population in our country 60 to 70% play and move almost the same, if you wanna be better and excel than the majority you have to train insane.

Table no problem
Training area- will do
Training partners- will do
hahahah that is my state here BTW I live in Region 2
where do you come form Rajah?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
you're a left handed both sides inverted attacker. there, i analyzed your style.

there's not much more i can tell from a video of you winning points. if you really want your game analyzed, post footage of a match, preferably one where you lose in a close game.

Izra, in the OP there is a link to a video that is on Facebook of RajaLoopah from the beginning of the year. It must have been that video he originally wanted people to look at.

Here is the OP:

There is an itch that has to be scratched I am wondering what can I improve
what aspect, technique, form etc. lol :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hey RajahLoopah, I saw the first set video on your facebook page. I am assuming that you are the lefty there , is that right ? How old is the video, you seemed to have improved a lot in that video . Kudos on your improvement .

Are you a Jun Mizutani fan, I could see shades of Jun in your game ?

do post some more videos , would love to see them too :)

Good luck on improving your game !

This user has no status.
Hey RajahLoopah, I saw the first set video on your facebook page. I am assuming that you are the lefty there , is that right ? How old is the video, you seemed to have improved a lot in that video . Kudos on your improvement .

Are you a Jun Mizutani fan, I could see shades of Jun in your game ?

do post some more videos , would love to see them too :)

Good luck on improving your game !

The first video was recorded last January while the newer video is recorded a few days ago. Yeah thanks :) but I am not a Mizutani fan anymore. I ditched my Mizu blade for a Stiga Ebenholz V that the coaches suggested to me. Because an allwood blade fits my style better than carbon. :)

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Its funny how we end up buying the blades with names of players that we idolize :) .....

Yes, please post the video of a recent match which was tight , I liked pretty much everything I saw. Your forehand has improved a lot , see if you can get one where you are using your backhand more ...
The first video was recorded last January while the newer video is recorded a few days ago. Yeah thanks :) but I am not a Mizutani fan anymore. I ditched my Mizu blade for a Stiga Ebenholz V that the coaches suggested to me. Because an allwood blade fits my style better than carbon. :)

This user has no status.
Its funny how we end up buying the blades with names of players that we idolize :) .....

Yes, please post the video of a recent match which was tight , I liked pretty much everything I saw. Your forehand has improved a lot , see if you can get one where you are using your backhand more ...

Yeah haha now I want to spin the ball more :)
I recorded a match almost 3 hours ago lol
I was really exhausted but recorded the whole match and won with luck :D I will try to upload it if my connection permits :)

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
This is what I noticed and since you have a coach you should definitely take his advise, I don't think you are not stepping in enough on short balls on your forehand , either because you are protecting your backhand or expecting long balls .
Great comment by izra, I think if you should work on your recovery a little bit , it could well be the fact that he was missing most of your first loops you were not expecting the ball to come back . But all in all great stuff. You should practice more against somebody who is going to attack your backhand , that way you will stay close to the table and will be forced to develop the backhand loop drive further. Again just random thoughts, your coach knows the best :)

Last edited: