Xiom Sigma II Europe VERSUS Xiom Vega Japan

This user has no status.
I was looking for any help on choosing either of these rubbers for my BH. Any experiences or information would be appreciated. For example, the feel of the rubber, controlling the position of shots and the throw angle.

I like to do a spinny flick when receiving serves (so close to the table) and generally more powerful drives with speed and spin close and mid range to the table.

Would the speed of the Sigma be too much for close to the table rallies? Are both rubbers good for lifting long and short backspins? My current rubber makes it quite difficult to lift backspin consistently.

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
i only tried sigma a couple of times.. feels bit harder . a good bit faster.

been using japan for about 2 years. over all feels like better rubber to me
its medium to medium hard .

Spot on.
Sigma is heavier and harder + Faster
Japan is softer and less speed than Sigma

So it is all based on what you (OP) want from the rubber, and of course your skills/technique would also play a role too.
I would say, go for Vega Japan which has more control over S2E

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Since you have decided, all I will say is: good choice. I would go with Vega Japan over Sigma II Europe.

I would also go with Omega V Europe over Sigma II Europe and I would toss a coin between Vega Japan and Omega V Europe.

So, the best for the money wins. [emoji2] Vega Japan.

Sigma II is excellent. But I like Vega Japan and Omega V Europe better.

That being said, you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I have s2e 2 mm black on bh and xiom omega 5 europe on fh. Both are heavy rubbers(really heavy). XS2 Europe is a tensor rubber who has a good quality, when receiving serves you can return them as low balls with great spin(underspin) you can actualy can chop a few times and the ball will stay low(long and short). Also is good for loop game creating good spin also can lift underspin. Good rubber for bh also for fh if you stay close to table. It is a bouncy rubber and doesnt have chinese type characteristics.

This user has no status.
I have one sheet of sigma 2 Europe red max if you are interested?

I don't know anything about max thickness apart from that the thickness has to equal 4mm and that it makes it very quick. Could you explain any other effects? It will be going on my backhand which I'm more cautious about.

@UpSideDownCarl

The omega V europe looks really good tbh, might just go with that :D

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I don't know anything about max thickness apart from that the thickness has to equal 4mm and that it makes it very quick. Could you explain any other effects? It will be going on my backhand which I'm more cautious about.

@UpSideDownCarl

Max thickness just reders to the max sponge thickness you can get the rubber. Max is this case 2.1mm sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
No.
when you buy a rubber you can choose different thickness of SPONGES e.g. 1.7mm, 1.9mm, 2.0mm and max (2.1mm). Max is just an expression for the thickest sponge dimension you can get for a specific type of rubber. Could also be 2.0mm or 1.9mm depending of the rubber type.

The rule of having a maximum of 4mm rubber is the total thickness of the topsheet and sponge.

For the Sigma 2 I mentioned I have for sale the rubber rubber has max thickness sponge which in this case 2.1mm

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

@UpSideDownCarl

Omega V Europe is awesome. If the price is close to the same, go for it.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hm.
Usually I like to discuss differences between XIOM and other brands but this is toughy.
But I hope my honesty can reach you.

Okay,
here it goes.
Sigma II and Vega Japan are 3rd generation rubbers from XIOM.
The basic structure of Vega Japan is quite similar to Sigma II Euro.
Please note Sigma II pro and Sigma II euro are really different.
Sponge is different and even the hardness of the sponge is different.

If you want to compare Vega Japan with Sigma II.
You must compare it with Sigma II "Euro"
So, the biggest difference?
Sweet spot. Vega Japan has larger sweet spot compared to Sigma II Euro.
While Sigma II Euro is made for higher catapult compared Vega Japan, and it is harder to play with.
While Vega Japan, to be frank is really really top noch rubber with almost everything from Sigma II, but easier to play with.
Also it is cheaper.

Honestly Price for Value, I recommend Vega Japan.
Once you are comfortable with Vega Japan, then please move to Sigma II Euro.

Thickness available.
Max (2.2)

:) chow

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D and Dan
This user has no status.
Hm.
Usually I like to discuss differences between XIOM and other brands but this is toughy.
But I hope my honesty can reach you.

Okay,
here it goes.
Sigma II and Vega Japan are 3rd generation rubbers from XIOM.
The basic structure of Vega Japan is quite similar to Sigma II Euro.
Please note Sigma II pro and Sigma II euro are really different.
Sponge is different and even the hardness of the sponge is different.

If you want to compare Vega Japan with Sigma II.
You must compare it with Sigma II "Euro"
So, the biggest difference?
Sweet spot. Vega Japan has larger sweet spot compared to Sigma II Euro.
While Sigma II Euro is made for higher catapult compared Vega Japan, and it is harder to play with.
While Vega Japan, to be frank is really really top noch rubber with almost everything from Sigma II, but easier to play with.
Also it is cheaper.

Honestly Price for Value, I recommend Vega Japan.
Once you are comfortable with Vega Japan, then please move to Sigma II Euro.

Thickness available.
Max (2.2)

:) chow

Wow. Thanks for that :p The title is now quite misleading because a few people have suggested the xiom omega V europe and it looks like a better choice compared to the sigma, also the price is very similar to the vega japan which is an up side.

How easy is it to lift backspin with a flick with either the japan or omega?