problems with control

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hey Mattys,

I just checked your ranking and results on the website of the Belgian Table tennis league. At your level, you don't need a Carbon blade. Just take an all wood blade like Korbel, stratus power wood, xiom offensive S or yasaka sweden extra and put some controllable offensive rubbers on it. Examples are tibhar genius, hexer, vega pro/europe, etcetera. Every brand has one. Such a setup would be the best for your future development as a player.

In that case consider Yinhe N-11s as well. I switched from a fast carbon to this and so far I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tuppe
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
To the OP.

The blade is too fast and you are addicted to free power.

You need to play with a slower blade. It will feel like crap at first until you get better at generating your own power. You need to play through that and stick with it. It doesn't need to be super slow, but it shouldn't be the bazooka you are using now.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Nexy Spear....

The blades I posted are all Limba-Limba (top ply, 2nd ply). 3 of them are:

Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba Limba

One of them is:

Limba-Limba-Tongue Tree-Limba Limba

Limba top plus inner ply is not as alive feeling. But it allows you to hold the ball on the topsheet for longer to get more spin.

Nexy Spear is:

Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba

The Spruce inner ply feels nice and springy and helps the ball fly out faster. This is the wood plies Waldner actually used in the speed glue days. Good wood feel and the Spruce makes the blade faster while still being fairly light.

I gave the Spear to my sister because I knew she would love it. And the blade is pretty good for how she plays. Perhaps her old blade is a little more what she needs (slower, more control). But I get she doesn’t want to understand why the old blade is good for her. So, the Spear is still very good for her. But is more sexy because faster. But not crazy like the Darker 7P-2A.7t which she kept using instead of the less sexy blade.

Peter Pan would be a Nexy blade closer to what OP needs. But he might feel it was too slow. Not because it is. But because it is on the slower side of All+.

The blades I posted were all on the slow side of Off or the FAST side of Off-. So if the OP hits with one, he won’t think it is way to slow and go back to a crazy blade that will only harm his development.

Those were some of the thoughts behind why I posted what I posted.

But when I recommend one group of blades and rubbers to one person and different blades and rubbers to a different person, there is usually a rationale behind my choices.

Even if I don’t present my reasons, I have done my best to assess the situation given the limited info we can get from words and letters written on a forum. And I try to problem solve what will be useful for the specific individual.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
actually i didn't know it would be a bazooka, because people told me et was a verry spinny rubber with great speed and good control.
What do you recommend to do?
Switch blade or FH rubber?
If your BH is ok, why you will change the blade? It's better change rubber because it doesn't suit

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
.. the amount of advice Carl has given you should be enough for you to make your choice ... the thing is this , you are new to the forum , you haven't posted your videos , so on one hand you don't know which forum users give you good advice and what advice to ignore , on the other hand the forum users have no clue about your playing level / technique and has to take your word for it which is very vague considering for a lot of people involved in this conversation including you english is not the first language.... so take Baal and Carl's advice ...
actually i didn't know it would be a bazooka, because people told me et was a verry spinny rubber with great speed and good control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
To the OP.

The blade is too fast and you are addicted to free power.

You need to play with a slower blade. It will feel like crap at first until you get better at generating your own power. You need to play through that and stick with it. It doesn't need to be super slow, but it shouldn't be the bazooka you are using now.

Hoo boy. So the OP is addicted to free power. This is gonna require some serious tough love and a complete change of mindset. A slower blade which initially has all the touch and feel of homemade excrement might prove a temporary panacea (such as a good old Hock No. 74 as used by Miles and Reisman, mayhaps?) but what if the OP has to throw down against a guy with even more free power and a bigger bazooka?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
idk, a lot of people are saying that my blade is too fast
It doesn't matter if the people say, it matters what you feel and master, I repeat, you should upload a video about your strokes, then the advice will be more orientated to your neediness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

No question, as Tuppe and others wrote.
Get a 5-ply allwood and some middle-of-the-road rubbers.
Since Acuda P3 worked for you why not use those again?
I just lost to a dude with 2000 TTR a few weeks ago who used Acuda P1.
I wrote that, 'cause i think you could play the whole Acuda blue line a whole while until you reach a decent level without going through too many changes.
2000 TTR is pretty good.

EDIT: maybe keep in mind that Carl and Baal have got a bit more experience than Dominus7. But he's right on one point: posting a video of you playing will help people to give proper advice.
No offense, Dominikus7, but this is something strange to write:
It doesn't matter if the people say, it matters what you feel and master, I repeat, you should upload a video about your strokes, then the advice will be more orientated to your neediness.

Not too long ago you've been asking for advice yourself.
Not a very respectful way to treat people that take time to help you.
If you don't value the advice and opinion others give to you why ask in the first place?
I mean c'mon, people don't get paid for posting and give some of their precious time to answer your questions and now you write it's all for the birds?
Show some respect, dude!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
The thing is Mattys, you play in the 4th league of the province you live in and you have the rating E2 in Belgium. So I have a pretty good understanding of your playing level. You told us that you are a two winged attacker who plays close to the table. I conclude from that information that you still have plenty of room for improvement in your game. I have played in the 4th league too when I was a kid. I know from experience that one wins almost every game in that league if you are able to do controlled spinny loops. So u can not go wrong with an allwood blade with medium hard controllable tensor rubbers on it. The blade you have now is not the best for developing the right touch and feeling.

so just choose one of the Blades and rubbers that Carl, Baal, Suga D or myself mentioned. You cant go wrong with any of those.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Did I offend you? C'mon are you with the ruler? I said that not to offend to anyone, if the guy is good with his backhand why change it? It's a risk from every way, I'm not experienced as old
No question, as Tuppe and others wrote.
Get a 5-ply allwood and some middle-of-the-road rubbers.
Since Acuda P3 worked for you why not use those again?
I just lost to a dude with 2000 TTR a few weeks ago who used Acuda P1.
I wrote that, 'cause i think you could play the whole Acuda blue line a whole while until you reach a decent level without going through too many changes.
2000 TTR is pretty good.

EDIT: maybe keep in mind that Carl and Baal have got a bit more experience than Dominus7. But he's right on one point: posting a video of you playing will help people to give proper advice.
No offense, Dominikus7, but this is something strange to write:

Not too long ago you've been asking for advice yourself.
Not a very respectful way to treat people that take time to help you.
If you don't value the advice and opinion others give to you why ask in the first place?
I mean c'mon, people don't get paid for posting and give some of their precious time to answer your questions and now you write it's all for the birds?
Show some respect, dude!
Did I offend you? C'mon are you with the ruler? I said that not to offend to anyone, if the guy is good with his backhand why change it? It's a risk from every way, I'm not experienced as old l

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Did I offend you? C'mon are you with the ruler? I said that not to offend to anyone, if the guy is good with his backhand why change it? It's a risk from every way, I'm not experienced as old Did I offend you? C'mon are you with the ruler? I said that not to offend to anyone, if the guy is good with his backhand why change it? It's a risk from every way, I'm not experienced as old l

I think there is a misunderstanding here, 'cause i asked YOU to not take offense of MY words.
Not the other way around. Although i felt your words weren't very respectful they didn't offend me.

Now that we got this straight, let's move on to the issue Mattys Vanackere is facing and why others are writing what they've been writing.

See the problem here is that the blade has too little dwell time due to the composite layers inside. This circumstance makes it very difficult to play softer spinny shots with a lot of spin also the fh rubber isn't helpful here.
Wood types like limba will help increase the dwell time and hence make it much easier to impart rotation to the ball.
That's a reason why Tuppe, Baal, Carl and a few others wrote what they wrote.

From following your posts it seems you aren't playing for very long and just don't know this, which isn't a problem in itself, but it helps to put your "recommendation" in the right context. So just calm down, buddy. Sometimes it's better to "stay in your lane"

@Mattis: since Tuppe knows your playing level better than anyone of us, it makes most sense to listen to him.

But you could still post a video.
[Emoji6]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I think there is a misunderstanding here, 'cause i asked YOU to not take offense of MY words.
Not the other way around. Although i felt your words weren't very respectful they didn't offend me.

Now that we got this straight, let's move on to the issue Mattys Vanackere is facing and why others are writing what they've been writing.

See the problem here is that the blade has too little dwell time due to the composite layers inside. This circumstance makes it very difficult to play softer spinny shots with a lot of spin also the fh rubber isn't helpful here.
Wood types like limba will help increase the dwell time and hence make it much easier to impart rotation to the ball.
That's a reason why Tuppe, Baal, Carl and a few others wrote what they wrote.

From following your posts it seems you aren't playing for very long and just don't know this, which isn't a problem in itself, but it helps to put your "recommendation" in the right context. So just calm down, buddy. Sometimes it's better to "stay in your lane"

@Mattis: since Tuppe knows your playing level better than anyone of us, it makes most sense to listen to him.

But you could still post a video.
[Emoji6]
The first advice very useful is the footage, many people says my FH here my BH there, but a vid shows the truth, I know there are things that a vid won't show you up, but I think is more effective, the feeling with the blade is important too, composition of wood is relevant specially to starters. Btw I know my limits, and I want be active and help as several helped me in the past. That's all.

Reactions: Suga D
The thing is Mattys, you play in the 4th league of the province you live in and you have the rating E2 in Belgium. So I have a pretty good understanding of your playing level. You told us that you are a two winged attacker who plays close to the table. I conclude from that information that you still have plenty of room for improvement in your game. I have played in the 4th league too when I was a kid. I know from experience that one wins almost every game in that league if you are able to do controlled spinny loops. So u can not go wrong with an allwood blade with medium hard controllable tensor rubbers on it. The blade you have now is not the best for developing the right touch and feeling.

so just choose one of the Blades and rubbers that Carl, Baal, Suga D or myself mentioned. You cant go wrong with any of those.

Players from my club told me that i have a technique as good as a D0 player, and i know i have a great technique, but i am nothing with technique when i dont have confidence in my shots.
i think with the right equipment i can become D6 by the end of the year.
Thank you for your answer.
I'll try to buy an allwood blade, but can you give me some examples of the medium hard tensor rubbers?

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Tibhar Genius, Andro Hexer, Joola Rhyzm-P, Xiom Vega Pro, Yasaka Rakza 7, Donic Barracuda.

5-ply wood blade with soft outer ply and any of these rubbers and you'll be set! I've recently done the same and couldn't be happier. I would stick the same rubber on both sides, 1.9-2.0mm thickness for added control and plenty spin.

Reactions: dominus7
thank you, i've heard a lot of positive stuff about the barracuda, and the reviews on the db are really good.
I've already chosen my blade: stratus power wood.
you think my xiom vega europe on my BH, and an barracuda will be a good combination?
and how thick does the rubber need to be, atm i play with 1,8 on off+ blade.