I’m in wrong path.. need Allround blade / Control blade & rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Although true, still putting 10-12 blades for sale soon.

....so I can reinvest in new blades :D

... or you do what I do and just buy the stuff that you like and hide them from your partner :D My latest fetish is mint condition Banda blades which I have no wish of ever using. Bizarre but that’s me.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

... or you do what I do and just buy the stuff that you like and hide them from your partner :D My latest fetish is mint condition Banda blades which I have no wish of ever using. Bizarre but that’s me.

Old Bandas?

ec197aece4487b4aeb69c776763945d0.jpg

eb5359c4aef6bf9e14a7d8d3cca6f11a.jpg

These feel too good to just leave on the shelf. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Old Bandas?

These feel too good to just leave on the shelf. [emoji2]

Yes I have one of those and also a 2005 but I prefer the Banda Offensive similar to this one:
s-l300.jpg

(Picture stolen from eBay).

I have one ST completely new in the original packaging and a used AN in fairly good condition. Amazing quality.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Looks as old as the floor and the bed frame in the background ... ;)
What is it 80'ties, 90'ties ?

The bed frame is actually an old couch from my wife. One day I will throw it out. It is actually kind of broken. I think it is from the 1920s though. [emoji2]

The floor is probably from the 1040s.

So you are guessing way late. [emoji2] hahahahaha

But I think the blade is from the 1990s. I love the way old blades feel.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
The bed frame is actually an old couch from my wife. One day I will throw it out. It is actually kind of broken. I think it is from the 1920s though. [emoji2]

That blade was quite common when I was about 12 so I would date it to 1990 plus minus a year or two. Extremely fast paired with Coppa.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hi guys.. i know a lot of people in here is an expert
I just really need help, because i know i’m in the wrong path of my equipment.
I’m already play table tennis one year and i don’t see much progress on my technique, my stroke and everthing. I just feel to fast to learn with my blade i think. My first setup i’m use carbon blade sanwei cc and i don’t feel comfortable and I bought yinhe n9s with h3neo commercial max and yinhe mars max and i feel h3n too hard can’t control it. I’m still can’t have better feeling with my game and i’m not comfortable. Just can’t have a good feeling. That’s why i think i’m not improve a lot. I know my game it’s not like day one i play table tennis, but i just don’t see much progress and improve. I’m learn a lot of techniques from youtube and my friend. I play and train like 8-10 hours a week. But i just feel can’t improve and not comfortable with my setup. I’m still play like allround

I searched and i think i need a allround control blade to learn basic techniques again and i want better feeling and a lot of control

I searched and i found:

Yasaka sweden extra/classic (I don’t know the different)
Donic allplay appelgren
Sanwei fextra

And advise for the rubber...

I open any suggestions that best and suit for me

Under 75$ setup or cheaper

Thanks before

Adni! Don't forget to post, what you settled for in the end!

Would love to, and am curious to see what you picked. And if you are satisfied with how it plays for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017

... 1040 is quite early for the America ... ; )
@Carl keep the couch, floor and the Banda, they seem to go well together. Specially if the couch is like a family inheritance, say from your mother in law ... you don't want to go down the path of throwing such things away, do you ... ? ha ha ; )

Back in 80/90ties we used to play "Shield" balls in school. Extremely hard and heavy, if you were hit with it in your finger or thumbnail it was quite a pain ...

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. The 1040s. My wife’s ancestors from Scotland were among the early settlers. They got here a bit before Columbus.

I saw the typo and did not have a chance to fix it.

1940s. My daughter wants the couch gone. I follow instructions from her now that she is the only lady of the house.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I should let you guys know, after mediation, the TTD Mod Squad decided Lightzy would get a 2 week ban and a warning that personal attacks will not be tolerated.

He will be back on the forum starting Thursday 3/21.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Yeah. The 1040s. My wife’s ancestors from Scotland were among the early settlers. They got here a bit before Columbus.

I saw the typo and did not have a chance to fix it.

1940s. My daughter wants the couch gone. I follow instructions from her now that she is the only lady of the house.

Scotland and good news about Lightzy ... and it got me thinking ... so I've found this ... : )

https://youtu.be/MNuFcIRlwdc

[Edit] Corrrrection to my previous post. The very hard and heavy ball was the "Ideal" brand ... Shields were super ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Adni! Don't forget to post, what you settled for in the end!

Would love to, and am curious to see what you picked. And if you are satisfied with how it plays for you.

Yees, yes.. Of course i will let you all know. already bought 3 blade from tabletennis11 and eacheng and rubber. Not expensive blade, but i'm just looking which one that suit for me and sell the rest :D
i take the advise from you guys

Still waiting the blade arrive and i will let you all know what i'm choosing and do a little beginner review how it plays for me

Thank you for the input all of you, really appreciate it

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hi ..I'm really appriciated for you guys, such a kind people all of you

i just want say that i choose yasaka sweden extra, already play almost 2 month since i ask for advise

This blade does all round job perfectly.
Due to semi hardness and good flexibility topspin, chop, push , block
all are reasonable. good quality for the money.

Lighzy said horrible blade, this blade is not horrible! i don't know why you said that.

I put palio ak47 blue and 729 2000 tackspeed,
speed-control is well balance
A little bit too soft for me i think with ak47 blue but great rubber. just when i meet pips rubber, i've difficult to lift underspin balls

I can win with a friend that i almost never win in a year! so much improvement

In next month i've my first local tournament, my rubber now already worn out... because i train a lot
i need to change the rubber

I need suggestion for the rubber, i like medium hard rubber and soft but not too soft i think with superb control and spin.. speed not too fast

FYI, i have a primorac. someone gave me as a gift. but i'm not try yet

So a litte bit confuse, should i use primorac for a tournament or use YSE all with new rubber

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood with Mark V 2mm on each side. Tried and tested. Good control and blade fast enough if you want to upgrade to speed glue effect rubbers later on. Just ask the shop for lighter TSPW. 80-85 grams should do as Mark Via not a heavy rubber so the setup will be light overall

I know Mark V worked great with the speed glue, but nowadays I can't really understand people who playing with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Mark v was really good back then but it just cannot spin that much anymore

Mark V has me in mental splits. I've started out playing with it when young and could spin the ball like nothing else with it back then.

I tried it again when picking up a blade again 30+ years later, and was severely disappointed. So much so that I cannot reconcile my memories of days past with my experiences in the present.