I’m in wrong path.. need Allround blade / Control blade & rubber

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
And to repeat, you can order a fully assembled custom racket on TT11 or AliExpress. Though with Ali Express it will mostly be cheap chinese stuff of dubious quality (though if you know what you're looking for exactly, you can't beat the prices), and with TT11 you can get the euro/jap stuff, also they varnish and glue ur blade for free and I think shipment is also free (like in ali-express) if you cross a certain $$$ threshold.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I'll explain to you all the logical fallacies of your retarded argument later, if I ever come to the conclusion that you can understand them.
Not the least of which is that now, in your own words, you admit to trying to bait someone 'to explode' by intentionally using inflammatory language. Amazing.

For now lets say that you're lowering the tone of the forums yet again, and that if it were up to me anyone who attacks people for expressing a personal opinion on a matter/piece of equipment and then gets mad for being told off (quite eloquently also) about attacking people's opinions and lowering the tone of the forum repeatedly would have no place here.

But I can see you're new here, 10 posts. So please stay and watch how settled people behave in a respectful manner towards one another until it rubs off on you. How they share their opinions, agree and disagree, and all without disrespecting one another. It's quite wonderful.

Haha. I'm still waiting for you to respond to any of my arguments. But I guess that's too difficult for you.

Just to give the other readers a hint: this guy wrote a while ago that "Hurricane 3 cannot handle the plastic ball at all".
So choose for yourselves whether you think this guy is credible.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I’m in wrong path.. need Allround blade / Control blade & rubber

....a non-arrogant-ass-smear ...... an arrogant ass smear.

Interesting. Very eloquent language. Do you really want to speak this way on the forum? [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I followed Der echte's suggestion of Yinhe 896. What a superb control blade that happened to be for me.

Plus, one could have gotten 2 of that blade for price of half a regular blade, then had the fun of taking off handles and beast modding it or just having another for a backup.

Most slower control oriented blades are an excellent thing to play with for a few months (by putting aside your normal bat) to develop point construction, then return to normal bat and have some aspects of your game improved.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I bought a Sweden Extra because people recommend it so much on it. Not a fan, much prefer my Primorac, much more feel and consistency.

Hopefully I don't get banned for an alternate view! :)

You are not alone. I played with the Extra and liked it and have a review on it. I recommended it to a friend who tried both the Extra and the Classic and preferred the softer classic. He liked the handle of both but wanted something with more feelings.

Does that make the Extra a horrible blade? Some people just write things in an attempt to stir up other people unnecessarily. And they do it repeatedly. By that time it is no longer an accident.

Maybe if I used the Classic I would not have used the extra but who really knows? But it was about other things, not the actual opinion that there are better blades than the Extra.

Last edited:
Reactions: jammmail and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
But it was about other things, not the actual opinion that there are better blades than the Extra.

I know, I was joking hence the smiley.

Even though I don’t like playing with it - it’s not horrible, well made and finished and aesthetically I really like it. Just wish I liked playing with it.

What handle shape did you have? I had the ST and usually play with flared so might have also been part of why I’m not keen on it. I’m sure I’ll go back to it at some point, but one of my failed experiments :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I know, I was joking hence the smiley.

Even though I don’t like playing with it - it’s not horrible, well made and finished and aesthetically I really like it. Just wish I liked playing with it.

What handle shape did you have? I had the ST and usually play with flared so might have also been part of why I’m not keen on it. I’m sure I’ll go back to it at some point, but one of my failed experiments :)

Try the Classic. It is very similar in handles but more limba based.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I like when one of those 'beginner equipment' threads appear, just to see what happens next ... I think by now we all should probably have, a widely agreed list of 2-3 blades with 2-3 rubbers. But no ... on our forum we already have #50 posts and one casualty so far ... ;)

Actually, to the OP I really like your thread's topic, not that many people do realize that their skills require something slower ... so, I'm actually quite impressed you figured it out by yourself ...

@Why did you guys banned Lightzy? He was maybe short tempered but I totally understand his argument that very hard surfaces do not go well with soft sponges ... As to H3 there is another entire thread considering Chinese rubbers and 40+ balls, so it's a legitimate topic imho. Besides as far as I noticed Lightzy was actually first attacked with a "brainfart" invective, by a relatively new member ...

Last edited:
[...]He was maybe short tempered but I totally understand his argument that very hard surfaces do not go well with soft sponges ... As to H3 there is another entire thread considering how Chinese rubbers and 40+ balls, so it's a legitimate topic imho.
This sounds interesting!
A lot of people out there say that you should use soft sponge on hard surfaces and vice versa. My own experience told me the other way around. For me, hard blade surfaces more or less equal to lower throw angle. Same goes for soft sponge or softer rubber overall. So in theory, I would combine hard rubber with hard surfaces and vice versa. For this thread, you then can't say "this blade has a hard surface is therefore rubbish". It depends on what rubbers you plan to use.
Am I right with this assumption?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
This sounds interesting!
A lot of people out there say that you should use soft sponge on hard surfaces and vice versa. My own experience told me the other way around. For me, hard blade surfaces more or less equal to lower throw angle. Same goes for soft sponge or softer rubber overall. So in theory, I would combine hard rubber with hard surfaces and vice versa. For this thread, you then can't say "this blade has a hard surface is therefore rubbish". It depends on what rubbers you plan to use.
Am I right with this assumption?

"It depends" is probably the right thing to say ... for sure soft sponges on soft blades would make it hard for you to control your attacks - there'll be no "bite". Sweden Extra is something I never had my hands on, but I used to try hard blades with say something soft and I could not be as precise with my shots ... that is to say, I never liked soft feeling specially on the fh side.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
From my understanding, Chinese hard rubbers like H3 go well with flexible blades. I don't know any Chinese players who are using a blade significantly stiffer than Viscaria.

For players who are beginners, haven't yet develop decent technique i would recommend to get all/all+ speed quality blade like -Yasaka Sweden Classic, Xiom Allround S[FONT=open sans, sans-serif],...[/FONT]. With whom you can really learn strokes and improve your technique. It's important not to start with faster blade because your strokes won't be correct, you won't be able to control the blade or use it optimally. For rubbers I'd personally recommend Friendship/729 Super FX for FH and Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft for BH. If you are on tight budget you can replace Rakza with Palio AK 47 blue sponge it's almost as good for 1/4 of the price.

And there you go, you have an excellent racket to begin with for 50$-60$. You can and should use blade for at least a year or 2 depending on how often you train before going to something faster and buy same rubbers when they wear out.

From my understanding, Chinese hard rubbers like H3 go well with flexible blades. I don't know any Chinese players who are using a blade significantly stiffer than Viscaria.
Why is a Viscaria a flexible blade? I really don't understand this, for me something flexible is for instance an Applegren Allplay or even a Primo Off-.
And we should not mix "flexible/stiff" with "hardness/softness" of a blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Maybe I wrote it badly. I don't know any Chinese PROs who uses a blade significantly stiffer than Viscaria. Viscaria is relatively stiff blade. In my opinion 95% of recreational players who are not smashers so they rely on loop and topspin shouldn't use a blade with carbon. All wood is best for them.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
@Why did you guys banned Lightzy? He was maybe short tempered but I totally understand his argument that very hard surfaces do not go well with soft sponges.

Lightzy is in this very elite class of members. He may in fact be the only member on this forum who, until very recently was active but had previously been banned.

Perhaps he will be able to be unbanned again. I believe Dan is in the process of sorting that out. This is just my take. But I will give it because, perhaps it may shed some light on the process.

1) Lightzy says a blade is terrible. [not a big deal in itself. But he is not saying “I don’t like the blade.” He is saying: “it is bad.” Still, to me, not a big deal. Just a bit over the top.]

2) Zeen uses the term Bogus and Brainfart while saying that what Lightzy has said is an incomplete or fake answer that he just blurted out without much thought or consideration.
Brainfart = something like “thought ejaculation.”
Bogus = fake or unauthentic.
[perhaps this is a bit aggressive but Zeen is not insulting Lightzy. He is characterizing his post. This is important. But Zeen tones down his language after which shows some maturity and control.]

3) Lightzy makes a personal attack calling Zeen AN ASS SMEAR. [Personally, I don’t think I need to say any more. I can think of ways in which brainfart and bogus can be used in polite conversations. I do think Zeen was more aggressive than he needed to be. But every time I read his comment, I read something that was about what Lightzy said. And every time I have read Lightzy’s comment, to me it reads as being about Zeen and not about what Zeen said. And it was a lot of personal insults.]

4)Zeen made a comment about Lightzy getting angry.

5) Lightzy accused Zeen of admitting that he goaded Lightzy into losing his cool.

In all the posts from Zeen after the first one, Zeen did not seem to me to escalate the situation or call names.

In all Lightzy’s posts directed at Zeen there were fairly nasty personal attacks. Some of the attacks were accusations that Zeen had attacked Lightzy.

Now, if Lightzy had never behaved this way before, he may not have gotten banned. He may have gotten warned. But even after having been banned in the past, Lightzy still seems to bully and insult people way more than is okay.

I actually have been ignoring him for quite a while. But last night the TTDaily Moderation Team got a few messages reporting the behavior. And the behavior that was reported was the behavior of Lightzy. Not the behavior of anyone else.

So, I am hopeful that Dan and Lightzy are able to sort this out. And I personally feel that a comment that is meant to directly insult any other member, not the posts of the member, not the way they think or express themselves, but the person, is something that just shouldn’t happen.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
As far as blades and wood types. Some people like harder top plies like Koto or Anegre. Some people gravitate towards softer woods like Limba and Hinoki. Each requires different subtleties of contact.

Some people at one point in their playing like one thing and then they change and gravitate towards the other. A player who loves Limba and hates Koto can end up becoming a player who grooves with Koto and no longer likes Limba. The same can happen in reverse.

Just because a blade is not good for a specific player does not mean it isn’t good. Every TT company makes a few blades in each speed class. There are many All, blades that are good. Same with All+, Off-, Off, Off+.

So a list of a few good options sounds like a good idea. I forget who suggested that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Lightzy is in this very elite class of members. He may in fact be the only member on this forum who, until very recently was active but had previously been banned.

Perhaps he will be able to be unbanned again. I believe Dan is in the process of sorting that out. This is just my take. But I will give it because, perhaps it may shed some light on the process.
[...]

Thanks for the explanation @Carl. I had one eye on this quite interesting thread and it sort of caught me off the guard, how the things developed.

TTD is the first forum I'm participating 'full time' and my experience was in the beginning, that posting is sometimes like trying to steer one of those super sensitive computer game racing car on the ice ... : ) It's not like you talk to somebody in person and when you say something over the top the next second you have a chance to explain it, on the forums you'll have people jumping on you right away ...

... I'm not a complete stranger to the American/English idioms but reading posts here, you learn something new every day ... ;) Thanks for little lesson explaining the nuances Brain... and Ass s... interesting ha ha.

Considering Lightzy's experience I was surprised he took the angry route, but ... I never plan on swearing during the tt matches an yet it happens sometimes ... nothing to brag about ...
So I keep my fingers crossed for positive outcome.

ahh ok ... let me play Lightzy's advocate and draw to your attention, that user Zeen did say "you display classic signs of narcissistic personality disorder" or "show everyone how inflated your ego is" so in terms of not escalating or calming down the situation ... I don't know.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe the admins saw Lightzy as a repeat offender? For someone who hangs around here regularly (me) it wasn't the first time Lightzy was blunt in his posts.

ahh ok ... let me play Lightzy's advocate and draw to your attention, that user Zeen did say "you display classic signs of narcissistic personality disorder" or "show everyone how inflated your ego is" so in terms of not escalating or calming down the situation ... I don't know.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Maybe the admins saw Lightzy as a repeat offender? For someone who hangs around here regularly (me) it wasn't the first time Lightzy was blunt in his posts.

Exactly right. And not just a repeat offender. As I said, when the TTD Moderation Team were discussing the complaints we got, part of the discussion was that since he has been banned before, he should remember that part of his terms for being unbanned were not to do stuff like this.

And I will repeat, we did not receive complaints about Zeen's content. The complaints were about the language and tone related to Lightzy's content and questions about whether someone who would call someone Ass Smear and make the kind of direct, personal attacks that Lightzy made actually belongs on the forum.

But I do still hope that Dan and Lightzy can sort this all out.

I do not think what Zeen did was beyond blame. I think it was a bit aggressive. But none of it is direct personal attacks. Saying someone shows some of the classic signs of narcissistic personality disorder is not quite the same as saying: You are a narcissist. But it is close.

So, Zeen, please avoid conflicts like that in the future. And when Lightzy is unbanned, please avoid commenting on his posts. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D and jawien