I’m in wrong path.. need Allround blade / Control blade & rubber

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Bogus. Sweden Extra is one of the most controllable looping blades in existence, and is well acclaimed and liked by many.
You would probably be better off thinking twice before letting out another brainfart.

When confronted with an opinion that conflicts with your own, it would behoove a non-arrogant-ass-smear to share their own opinion without needing to state that the conflicting opinion must be a brainfart and that its author should 'think twice'. Otherwise you'd be displaying behavior consistent with that of an arrogant ass smear. Which is bad form.

Even on this forum there are ppl who have had bad experience with this crappy blade.
On top of which its a less than ideal blade to recomend to a beginner because it is a radical departure from the norm, having outer plys of a relatively thick layer of wood harder than even koto which dont tend to pair well with many soft beginner rubbers especially, making the setup way too bouncy with awful feeling for passive shots.
There's a good reason blade makers use limba, ayous as outer plys and koto as an extreme. YSE helps show why.

Man.. the quality of some ppl...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I do not want to and have no really rights to tell anyone else how to behave. But everyone is entitled to an opinion, and this is mine. I think it is great that we try to help the guy, but we maybe can drop the attitude. Do not need to agree with anyone and can discuss stuff but it is always possible to do it in a nice way.

One of the reasons why i hang in this forum and not the others is that i feel that people here are actually pretty nice and respectfull against eachother. Would be nice if we could keep it that way. Or maybe it is me that is way to afraid of conflicts haha. do not know. But i do now that if i would post something and get condenscending comments i proably would stop posting and leave the forum. I think maybe others feel this way too.

;)

This user has no status.
I do not want to and have no really rights to tell anyone else how to behave. But everyone is entitled to an opinion, and this is mine. I think it is great that we try to help the guy, but we maybe can drop the attitude. Do not need to agree with anyone and can discuss stuff but it is always possible to do it in a nice way.

One of the reasons why i hang in this forum and not the others is that i feel that people here are actually pretty nice and respectfull against eachother. Would be nice if we could keep it that way. Or maybe it is me that is way to afraid of conflicts haha. do not know. But i do now that if i would post something and get condenscending comments i proably would stop posting and leave the forum. I think maybe others feel this way too.

;)

This could be another thread by itself man. People have been acting ugly toward each other a lot more in the last week than I've ever seen here. A little respect goes a long way.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
This could be another thread by itself man. People have been acting ugly toward each other a lot more in the last week than I've ever seen here. A little respect goes a long way.

yes maybe i highjacked the thread a bit. But felt like it could have become some nasty discussions, but maybe i read it wrong.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hahaha.. i don't care actually;) i'm positive type guy..
i just care about me to get a new blade and rubber

but i want to ask lightzy because you said it's horrible, so what do you suggest? the blade that suit for a guys want to develope their technique with a good control blade instead of yasaka sweden?

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hahaha.. i don't care actually;) i'm positive type guy..
i just care about me to get a new blade and rubber

but i want to ask lightzy because you said it's horrible, so what do you suggest? the blade that suit for a guys want to develope their technique with a good control blade instead of yasaka sweden?

I'd suggest any ALL blade with a regular Limba outer ply and a high arc to the ball.
Many were suggested.
Appelgren Allplay is one of the favorites, Xiom S, Yasaka Sweden Classic etc.

And pretty much everyone agree on Mark5 as optimal for building confidence in technique.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
What you should use depends very much on your level and how good your technique are and what your goals are. If you are a beginner, or need to develop the strokes more it is better with slower stuff. If your goals are to become really good in the long run i think it is better with slower stuff so you can learn the strokes better. But it is proably more fun and easier to win now with faster stuff. So it is hard to give any advice really.

It would be easier if you could explain your level or post a video.

But if you consider yourself as a player that need to develop the strokes better i think it is best with slow stuff like markv, Or maybe rakza soft that is faster. And a controlled allround wood blade. No much difference between rubbers like markv or rubbers like rakza. The same for allround wood blade. So you have alot alot to chose between, and wht you chose will proably be pretty similar to other stuff. In example sriver and mark v is very similar. Rakza and all other in bulit glue effect rubbers i similar. all wood blades 5 ply is also very similar.

You know what i want, i ask you for your personal experience. as i'm still develope my technique with uncomfortable setup. and i ask you are the mark v rubber glued with water based glue or speed glue?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I'd suggest any ALL blade with a regular Limba outer ply and a high arc to the ball.
Many were suggested.
Appelgren Allplay is one of the favorites, Xiom S, Yasaka Sweden Classic etc.

And pretty much everyone agree on Mark5 as optimal for building confidence in technique.

okey, got it. but mark v era is use speed glue, what glue should i use for mark v? if i buy it..

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
okey, got it. but mark v era is use speed glue, what glue should i use for mark v? if i buy it..

Any regular glue. I use freechack of freechack pro.

You can also order it already glued (and the blade varnished) from TT11.com. They glue and varnish the blade for free and I doubt you could get prices much better.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
When confronted with an opinion that conflicts with your own, it would behoove a non-arrogant-ass-smear to share their own opinion without needing to state that the conflicting opinion must be a brainfart and that its author should 'think twice'. Otherwise you'd be displaying behavior consistent with that of an arrogant ass smear. Which is bad form.

Even on this forum there are ppl who have had bad experience with this crappy blade.
On top of which its a less than ideal blade to recomend to a beginner because it is a radical departure from the norm, having outer plys of a relatively thick layer of wood harder than even koto which dont tend to pair well with many soft beginner rubbers especially, making the setup way too bouncy with awful feeling for passive shots.
There's a good reason blade makers use limba, ayous as outer plys and koto as an extreme. YSE helps show why.

Man.. the quality of some ppl...

Haha. I was expecting you to explode, and show everyone how inflated your ego is and how you can't accept others' opinions.

But back to the argument. You never displayed and opinion. If you display an opinion, you say, 'In my opinion the blade is bad', or I think the blade does not suit beginners, because' and then you usually give a reason. But no, you stated it as if it was a fact that the blade was well recognized as bad by the community.

And there you go again, stating it being bad as fact; when in fact it has an overwhelming amount of positive reviews, e.g. on revspin, where it has a control rating of 9.5, which is extremely high. And some random individuals on this forum don't like it? So if 10% of all who try it dislike it, it is a bad blade in your opinion. ok.

And your second paragraph, talking about optimal wood layer thickness as if you were a blade researcher, just discredits you even further, because you are not a blade manufacturer. You only guess what you think influences playing characteristics and you take your chances, not even using careful wording, misleading beginners with your overconfident attitude.

I've seen many of your posts and you display classic signs of narcissistic personality disorder, so if you want to do something good for yourself, you might want to address that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Calm down people, we can not loose Lula.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Are you already used it (Appelgren Allplay with Mark V) before? or already try it? i need more information this is suit for me or not. i look for Great control, feeling & Not too fast
Yes, my first set up was an Allplay with Mark V, and I found it to have great control and feeling. It's definitely not too fast, and in fact many people would find it slow. I think it's exactly the kind of set up you're looking for. But as Lula and others have noted, there are many five ply limba blades and rubbers that will work for you. Many decent rubbers cost less than Mark V. And you won't know if you really like a particular five ply blade (especially the shape of the handle) until you try it.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Haha. I was expecting you to explode, and show everyone how inflated your ego is and how you can't accept others' opinions.

But back to the argument. You never displayed and opinion. If you display an opinion, you say, 'In my opinion the blade is bad', or I think the blade does not suit beginners, because' and then you usually give a reason. But no, you stated it as if it was a fact that the blade was well recognized as bad by the community.

And there you go again, stating it being bad as fact; when in fact it has an overwhelming amount of positive reviews, e.g. on revspin, where it has a control rating of 9.5, which is extremely high. And some random individuals on this forum don't like it? So if 10% of all who try it dislike it, it is a bad blade in your opinion. ok.

And your second paragraph, talking about optimal wood layer thickness as if you were a blade researcher, just discredits you even further, because you are not a blade manufacturer. You only guess what you think influences playing characteristics and you take your chances, not even using careful wording, misleading beginners with your overconfident attitude.

I've seen many of your posts and you display classic signs of narcissistic personality disorder, so if you want to do something good for yourself, you might want to address that.

I'll explain to you all the logical fallacies of your retarded argument later, if I ever come to the conclusion that you can understand them.
Not the least of which is that now, in your own words, you admit to trying to bait someone 'to explode' by intentionally using inflammatory language. Amazing.

For now lets say that you're lowering the tone of the forums yet again, and that if it were up to me anyone who attacks people for expressing a personal opinion on a matter/piece of equipment and then gets mad for being told off (quite eloquently also) about attacking people's opinions and lowering the tone of the forum repeatedly would have no place here.

But I can see you're new here, 10 posts. So please stay and watch how settled people behave in a respectful manner towards one another until it rubs off on you. How they share their opinions, agree and disagree, and all without disrespecting one another. It's quite wonderful.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
The Yasaka Sweden Extra, has control, that's right, buuuut the feeling is not the better for a beginner which needs the confidence to hit properly every ball, I have been using that blade close a 3 months, and definitely is not a good taste at least for me, anyway the control depends who use it, and the skills to master it, and of course what kind of rubber you attach,
You can play with a piece of furniture too and will be very controllable, but the feeling may be could be rare, so it's a matter of taste.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Hey OP, I know you are searching for the perfect answer here, but stop overthinking it. Donic, Stiga, Yasaka, Yinhe... ANY of those options will do. Like, you can't go wrong and one isn't going to be significantly better than the other for your purposes. Pick one of the allplay/allround/sweden/896 and put MarkV on both sides. It's a waste of your time and energy to analyze this thing to death. We've all been there in the past, but you don't have to. That's why you've come for advice. My advice is they are ALL GOOD ADVICE. Pick any of them with confidence. They are all smart peoples :)