Dignic09c alternative

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Allround/aggressive player. Love to loop /counter spin etc. I use a stiga energy wood blade with H3 on my forehand and raksa 7 soft on bh. Looking to upgrade to a slightly faster setup. Going to keep H3 Fh, probably a faster wood blade.
Dignics09c seems to be a good fit for my bh as currently it is too slow. any alt to dignics09c that would fit me (too expensive) also preferably a longer lasting rubber as i dont upgrade often (yearly basis or longer).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Allround/aggressive player. Love to loop /counter spin etc. I use a stiga energy wood blade with H3 on my forehand and raksa 7 soft on bh. Looking to upgrade to a slightly faster setup. Going to keep H3 Fh, probably a faster wood blade.
Dignics09c seems to be a good fit for my bh as currently it is too slow. any alt to dignics09c that would fit me (too expensive) also preferably a longer lasting rubber as i dont upgrade often (yearly basis or longer).
I have not used 09C. However if you want slow, spinny, good grip, and good dwell time, I'd recommand Bluestorm Z1. Only thing is durability is very average.
I use it on my backhand... and man it is spinny. The control encourages you to rip into it with all you have got.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Supposed to be some 37° h3 coming out for bh, should last you a year.

Reactions: JustANoob
The H3 Neo "soft" has already been available in Australia for a while now, it's basically a 37° with not particularly good QA, so could vary between 37 and 38 ish hardness.

That said, it could still be too slow for a backhand rubber. I personally like the dead feeling of H3s, to play a long brushing stroke, but it seems most people do not. So maybe neither 09c or a H3 variant are very good options, as they are both significantly tackier than the Razka 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: alas26
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
What hardness of H3 you use on FH? How do you like it on your BH? Have you tried twidling the bat around to get feel how H3? Have tried D09c or did you just read marketing crap and watch a lot of youtube videos about it?

If you really really really really want to start using tacky backhand rubber, then Joola Golden Tango, Big Dipper, (supposably Rakza Z based on people's review, haven't tested myself, just pointing you to research the topic) might be the place to start. Although unless you have very stable technique and powerful blow, hard tacky rubber on BH might be harder to use.

says Footwork footwork footwork
I now play with double Chinese tacky (TG2 Neo on one set up and H3 Neo on a back up), both sides 2.2 40 deg.

Initially, I thought it was WAY too hard and thick for the BH, so I ordered 2.15 39 deg, but I adjusted to the 40 deg (or broke it in) before my shipment even came in and I fell in love with it.

Definitely, it requires a longer physical stroke but, that’s already my style. The added control and spin are much appreciated!

I will try the thinner/softer combination on a back-up to see
If there are any benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.

Since you are used to Rakza 7 Soft, changing to slightly harder Tensor based rubbers should provide you the necessary speed upgrade.

A couple of popular and often paired choices:-
1) Xiom Vega Series - go for newer Vega Tour or Vega X for increase in spin.
2) Rakza X Soft
3) Nittaku FastArc G1
4) Bluefire M2 or M1

Recent releases of rubbers tend to be on the harder side thus transition to them will be harsh vs the rubbers that was release some years ago. As the rubbers above are softer too thus can easily pair well with majority blades.

Rubbers that are too hard will feel too reactive when paired with a softer or medium feel blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
So you haven't used 09c but think it is a good fit and already want an alternative for it, which lasts a year? Wow.

No modern rubber is going to last a year. Maybe H3. But I wouldn't recommend using that on the backhand, even the softer version mentioned, unless you are pretty skilled on the backhand side.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Hi,

Do you use boosted H3 on the forehand? Or straight out of the pack? Std H3, provincial H3, H3 Nat? Etc

I have used D09C 1.9mm, on both BH & FH, it’s very good for both sides. It’s good for looping it has good spin, not the highest spin, but it is really nice at counter topspin and flatter hits, Really crisp. 2.1mm will be quicker as well.
controllable in short game, high spin when serving.

The reason I asked about whether you boost the FH H3 is because I also was lucky enough to get a sheet of 37degree H3 provincial, which is factory tuned, this was then additionally boosted as follows-
Sponge - 2 layers revolution no 3 glue followed by 2 layers Seamoon booster and final layer of glue when sticking to blade. Blade had 2 layers of glue.
the result gave greater catapult effect than D09C, especially when using more speed and force for the stroke, speed is faster, spin is higher than D09C when looping and general topspin, counter topspin not as nice as D09C
Flat hitting is it’s downfall, you need to spin !!! Spin for serves is slightly less than D09C.

So depending which you prefer more / your style of play on the backhand side and what standard you are -

high spin topspin and loops - Boosted H3 37 degree is actually not a bad choice, more reaction to incoming spin than D09C though, I was really surprised at how well the boosting worked. Spin is very very good when playing high spin brushing strokes! I would not advise using unboosted H3 on the backhand ( once I try H3 37 degree unboosted, this may change, but I think the additional boosting may be required)

counter topspin ( hitting through, early on the bounce with some topspin) D09C, It is also more controlled. This rubber just has ‘something’ extra for the counter attacking play, just really nice!!

The H3 37 degree is quite hard to get hold of, I’m waiting for more stock to come in so I can try it UNBOOSTED and get a comparison to the boosted one I’m using during some practice v robot at the moment. Adjustments to bat angle have to be made - closing face slightly, which takes some getting use to.
I would also say that D09C is slightly more forgiving.

So I’m sort of torn between the two!!!, once / if the local leagues start up again, then I’ll have to choose what to use for the season and stick with it. D09C is edging it at the moment.

Please remember that this is a personal review, if you want to see what sort of standard player I am, then check the ‘Daily table tennis chit chat’ thread. I’m using D09C both sides.
I’m just an average club, local league player.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Why do you want to use D09C on your backhand?
Have you tried the regular rakza 7? It should be faster while being similar to what you're using.
If you're looking for some tack and decent speed, you might want to consider Stiga Genesis M. It's not that hard, easy to control and lasts really long especially if you clean it often and use an adhesive sheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I use 40 degress provinicial H3 not boosted (as idk much abt boosting)
I understand rubbers dont rly last a year but something that can still give some good play for up to a year.
Im not advanced, intermediate player.
Not rly looking for anything too hard/ fast in terms of catapult effect.
Rakza Z seems nice although 47 degrees+ on bh seems abit excessive for me.

Hope that helps.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hi,

Do you use boosted H3 on the forehand? Or straight out of the pack? Std H3, provincial H3, H3 Nat? Etc

I have used D09C 1.9mm, on both BH & FH, it’s very good for both sides. It’s good for looping it has good spin, not the highest spin, but it is really nice at counter topspin and flatter hits, Really crisp. 2.1mm will be quicker as well.
controllable in short game, high spin when serving.

The reason I asked about whether you boost the FH H3 is because I also was lucky enough to get a sheet of 37degree H3 provincial, which is factory tuned, this was then additionally boosted as follows-
Sponge - 2 layers revolution no 3 glue followed by 2 layers Seamoon booster and final layer of glue when sticking to blade. Blade had 2 layers of glue.
the result gave greater catapult effect than D09C, especially when using more speed and force for the stroke, speed is faster, spin is higher than D09C when looping and general topspin, counter topspin not as nice as D09C
Flat hitting is it’s downfall, you need to spin !!! Spin for serves is slightly less than D09C.

So depending which you prefer more / your style of play on the backhand side and what standard you are -

high spin topspin and loops - Boosted H3 37 degree is actually not a bad choice, more reaction to incoming spin than D09C though, I was really surprised at how well the boosting worked. Spin is very very good when playing high spin brushing strokes! I would not advise using unboosted H3 on the backhand ( once I try H3 37 degree unboosted, this may change, but I think the additional boosting may be required)

counter topspin ( hitting through, early on the bounce with some topspin) D09C, It is also more controlled. This rubber just has ‘something’ extra for the counter attacking play, just really nice!!

The H3 37 degree is quite hard to get hold of, I’m waiting for more stock to come in so I can try it UNBOOSTED and get a comparison to the boosted one I’m using during some practice v robot at the moment. Adjustments to bat angle have to be made - closing face slightly, which takes some getting use to.
I would also say that D09C is slightly more forgiving.

So I’m sort of torn between the two!!!, once / if the local leagues start up again, then I’ll have to choose what to use for the season and stick with it. D09C is edging it at the moment.

Please remember that this is a personal review, if you want to see what sort of standard player I am, then check the ‘Daily table tennis chit chat’ thread. I’m using D09C both sides.
I’m just an average club, local league player.

Hi, i am new to this but wonder if you can explain to me how the booster works through 2 layers of Revolution 3 glue. I thought that the booster has to act on the sponge , making it softer and/or more elastic.
Maybe i simply misunderstood this : """""
this was then additionally boosted as follows-
Sponge - 2 layers revolution no 3 glue followed by 2 layers Seamoon booster and final layer of glue when sticking to blade. Blade had 2 layers of glue.""""""

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi, i am new to this but wonder if you can explain to me how the booster works through 2 layers of Revolution 3 glue. I thought that the booster has to act on the sponge , making it softer and/or more elastic.
Maybe i simply misunderstood this : """""
this was then additionally boosted as follows-
Sponge - 2 layers revolution no 3 glue followed by 2 layers Seamoon booster and final layer of glue when sticking to blade. Blade had 2 layers of glue.""""""

Hi,

I am also new to boosting rubbers !!

I followed the advice from the shop I bought the rubber from, they advised to put on as many layers of glue as you wanted on to the sponge first, then apply 2 layers of booster followed by the final layer of glue when sticking to blade, I added an additional layer of glue to the blade as well.
some articles I've read have advised to put a layer of glue on to the sponge first as some protection to the sponge / top sheet.

Others have gone straight in with the booster.
Booster, softens and makes the sponge expand, which tensions the top sheet.
Apparently too much booster can damage the sponge and top sheet, making the sponge too soft and mushy.

There are far more experienced people on the forum who have been using booster for many years.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
tenor.gif

This thread started as "I want Dignics 09C on my BH" which is hard as brick (44 Shore ~~ 55-60 Shore O?) and now 47 is too hard? I don't want to be mean, but.. 55-60 sounds a lot harder than 47. Like a lot, a lot. I urge you to reconsider. If you want not that much catapult, requires input, not that bouncy rubber I urge you to reconsider Vega X. Mine sheet behaves like that description.

Attachments

• wut.jpg
    wut.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 934
Last edited:
This user has no status.
I use 40 degress provinicial H3 not boosted (as idk much abt boosting)
I understand rubbers dont rly last a year but something that can still give some good play for up to a year.
Im not advanced, intermediate player.
Not rly looking for anything too hard/ fast in terms of catapult effect.

Hope that helps.

H3 with the hardness of 40 degrees is much harder than Rakza Z at 47 degrees.

China rubbers uses a different type of measurement to measure their hardness.
If i am not mistaken a 40 degrees on DHS rubbers is about 50 degrees to a tensor based rubber.
So in this case H3 actually has a harder sponge than Rakza Z.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
H3 with the hardness of 40 degrees is much harder than Rakza Z at 47 degrees.

China rubbers uses a different type of measurement to measure their hardness.
If i am not mistaken a 40 degrees on DHS rubbers is about 50 degrees to a tensor based rubber.
So in this case H3 actually has a harder sponge than Rakza Z.

It's even more complex, annoying and tangled than this. Haggsiv from ooak measured rubbers he received in shore o. https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/sponge-hardness-table/ There are multiple scales mainly shore and asker. Different manufacturers use different scales. DHS and Butterfly use Shore A, Germany ESN uses one of asker's probably (you can see that ratings from Germany differ by ~2.5 degrees than measured in shore 0. (Vega China rated 55, measured 60, rakza rated 47 measured 50 etc...)

This user has no status.
It's even more complex, annoying and tangled than this. Haggsiv from ooak measured rubbers he received in shore o. https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/sponge-hardness-table/ There are multiple scales mainly shore and asker. Different manufacturers use different scales. DHS and Butterfly use Shore A, Germany ESN uses one of asker's probably (you can see that ratings from Germany differ by ~2.5 degrees than measured in shore 0.

Yeap. But the thread starter may not know about this thus his assumption that Rakza Z is harder. This at least helps him to understand that both are 2 very different measurement and are not apple to apple comparison.

;)