Need Blade Recommendations

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hey,

Im curently looking for a new OFF Blade.

Info:
Right now I have a Xiom Allround S, that I have been using for around 5 years now.
It is a great Blade with lots of feeling and control, but I want a bit more speed.
That is why I put Joola Dynaryz CMD (2,3mm) on both sides.
It has helped in the speed department but on bad days of mine the MAX sponge is causing too many errors.

Playstyle:
Mostly from close to mid distance.
I open up a lot with my backhand, since I am pretty tall and this is the easier way for me (forehand is used aswell ofc),
my points are usually gained by my powerfull spins or smashes. Ocassionaly I change up the pace and add a bit more spin.

I plan on putting the same Rubbers but in 2mm (maybe even Nittaku Fastarc G1/Hammond Z2)

So I would like a good value Blade that is powerfull and has enough spin and control reserves. Any recommendations?

Thank you in advanced :)

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
Joola Vyzaryz Trinity - IMHO great blade for almost any kind of play, it's fast, has great control and big "sweet spot", and for me most important thing that it gives you a chance to easily play passive with a great control, that was a main issue for me when I played Mizutani ZLC, it's a great blade, but no passive play is allowed with it, so I swithed to Tibhar Cedric Nuytinck blade, it's also great blade, but compared to Mizutani ZLC it's just muuuuch slower, so attack with it is much less dangerous for your opponent... So then I got Trinity and it magically has the attack almost like Mizutani ZLC, and the passive play almost as Nuytinck blade, so "best of both worlds" IMO... BTH I play Dynaryz AGR 2.0 on both sides of Trinity, works great...

P.S. For about a week using Stiga Cybershape as my main blade, but it's just more suitable for my playstyle (a lot of block and "flat play"), IMO Trinity overall is much better blade then Cybershape.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Joola Vyzaryz Trinity - IMHO great blade for almost any kind of play, it's fast, has great control and big "sweet spot", and for me most important thing that it gives you a chance to easily play passive with a great control, that was a main issue for me when I played Mizutani ZLC, it's a great blade, but no passive play is allowed with it, so I swithed to Tibhar Cedric Nuytinck blade, it's also great blade, but compared to Mizutani ZLC it's just muuuuch slower, so attack with it is much less dangerous for your opponent... So then I got Trinity and it magically has the attack almost like Mizutani ZLC, and the passive play almost as Nuytinck blade, so "best of both worlds" IMO... BTH I play Dynaryz AGR 2.0 on both sides of Trinity, works great...

P.S. For about a week using Stiga Cybershape as my main blade, but it's just more suitable for my playstyle (a lot of block and "flat play"), IMO Trinity overall is much better blade then Cybershape.

I would see myself playing it, but it is a bit too expensive for me, still thank you for your reply.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
WSC is a good blade. It has senso handle though, so depending on your rubbers, it might be head heavy. It is not bad, it depends on one's preference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Take look at a couple of Sanwei blades. These are really nice wooden blades. Sanwei - Fextra One, Sanwei - V5 PRO. Fextra One is a bit slower than the V5 PRO. Great quality and a price around €50.

Havent played with 7ply yet, might be a good choice, especially looking at the price.
Having an eye on Sunflex Sho Soft Carbon aswell, due to its price.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
So,
I think i´ll stick to a Xiom Blade. I´m familliar with the brand and they generally seem to come with good control.

My thoughts are:
Vega Pro
Hugo Hal
Feel ZX3
Offensive S
Ice Cream AZXi

All of them are right at the top of what I would pay (besides OFF S) and im not really sure if its worth.
But I´ve heard lots of good things about the first two so they are my current favorites.

If someone has played one of them feel free to share your experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
So,
I think i´ll stick to a Xiom Blade. I´m familliar with the brand and they generally seem to come with good control.

My thoughts are:
Vega Pro
Hugo Hal
Feel ZX3
Offensive S
Ice Cream AZXi

All of them are right at the top of what I would pay (besides OFF S) and im not really sure if its worth.
But I´ve heard lots of good things about the first two so they are my current favorites.

If someone has played one of them feel free to share your experience.

i got an Ice Cream AZXi with 91g lying around here and i could even sell it to you, if you were to decide you would want that one.
I do play an Ice Cream AZXi in 86g currently and that is my second blade that i do not really need.

I like it very much and it was not too much of a difference in feeling compared to what i played before (Nittaku Violin & Acoustic)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

i got an Ice Cream AZXi with 91g lying around here and i could even sell it to you, if you were to decide you would want that one.
I do play an Ice Cream AZXi in 86g currently and that is my second blade that i do not really need.

I like it very much and it was not too much of a difference in feeling compared to what i played before (Nittaku Violin & Acoustic)

Oh nice, i´ll come back to you if I decide to take it and the price is right ;)