Nexy Korea Oscar interviews V. Samsonov !! JSK too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
At 11:28 Joo Sae Hyuk confesses that TT is NO FUN any more with (since) the 40+ plastic balls.

WOW !!! A TT legend says TT not fun any more with ball change.

When serve rule changed, I know a top player in the world back then said TT was no longer fun.
He said something like this to me:
When the hidden serve was still allowed, I would of make it to Round of 32 with my eyes closes and most times i would go into R16 with ease. From then, the battle starts.
I would serve and open up for 3rd ball.

When serve rule was changed, I didn't past R128 once.
And retired early due to the rule change.

This user has no status.
Spin 🙃
And more consistent balls.

We just recently had the "joy" of playing against a club that plays with Andro balls. Huge problem here trying to read a ball that is mostly not round (one edge and the ball is completely shit - or a triangle). Loops and topspins are so damn easy to block, because generating spin with that ball is a matter of luck, otherwise the ball is dead. I often dont even have to close the bats angle to get the ball back on the table. I can even chop full blown loops with my setup.
So after the first set i gave up completely on my usual attack style and went more for blocking and pushing everything that comes in.
The game overall felt like 2 division lower in an instant. Absolutely disgusting.
On top clubs often play with used ball (which is beyond me) in official championship matches. I dont really get why this is still allowed with these shitty ass balls there in play.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
When serve rule changed, I know a top player in the world back then said TT was no longer fun.
He said something like this to me:
When the hidden serve was still allowed, I would of make it to Round of 32 with my eyes closes and most times i would go into R16 with ease. From then, the battle starts.
I would serve and open up for 3rd ball.

When serve rule was changed, I didn't past R128 once.
And retired early due to the rule change.
JSH said something similar in the interview... said that with old serve rules, you really had to read the serve and get it back.

Reactions: thomas.pong
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
And more consistent balls.

We just recently had the "joy" of playing against a club that plays with Andro balls. Huge problem here trying to read a ball that is mostly not round (one edge and the ball is completely shit - or a triangle). Loops and topspins are so damn easy to block, because generating spin with that ball is a matter of luck, otherwise the ball is dead. I often dont even have to close the bats angle to get the ball back on the table. I can even chop full blown loops with my setup.
So after the first set i gave up completely on my usual attack style and went more for blocking and pushing everything that comes in.
The game overall felt like 2 division lower in an instant. Absolutely disgusting.
On top clubs often play with used ball (which is beyond me) in official championship matches. I dont really get why this is still allowed with these shitty ass balls there in play.
Yes, such a level of comp and using crap balls not new is wrong. Where I am at a player would pull a new ball out of his azz if the match ball was crap.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
JSH said something similar in the interview... said that with old serve rules, you really had to read the serve and get it back.

TT was way more difficult then.

And then people think, you can just change rules and players can adapt.
yes JO adapted, but 1 did and 100 did not.

Interesting to say even Samsonov enjoyed 38 more. Which is basically serve rule era.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
At 11:28 Joo Sae Hyuk confesses that TT is NO FUN any more with (since) the 40+ plastic balls.

WOW !!! A TT legend says TT not fun any more with ball change.
I can agree with this, now even the sloppy shots with no quality at all goes in. Strokes tend to be more flatter and rallies are like two kids slapping each other or it's just my opponent. Nevertheless, the game became boring, dead balls are more threatening than "heavy" underspin ball.

Reactions: jammmail