Butterfly officially announces Glazer and Glazer 09C

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
View attachment 24346
I saw this chart on WeChat and I assumed it was done by Chinese vendors since it's so dumb.
If you think about it and look at the tackiness series being slow antis, while I wager they can generate Tenergy level of spin so they should be in the bottom right corner.

That being said I am looking forward to Glayzer, finally something that is a bit exciting and doesn't sounds like nose digging.

I assume both rubber will be best seller around the world and de-throne Rozena if their price is right. Everyone likes to see the proud testicle logo on their racket🤡

• Haha
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I agree - I love D05 but prefer it boosted a little to soften it whilst retaining the lovely top sheet. I hope Glazer might be an easier to access option.
I love D05 but never tho of boosting it. I do have a new sheet of H3 and D05 which I was going to paste on this weekend I’m now thinking do I boost D05 as well when I boost my H3.

I assume 1 layer would b enough compared to the 2 I put on H3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I love D05 but never tho of boosting it. I do have a new sheet of H3 and D05 which I was going to paste on this weekend I’m now thinking do I boost D05 as well when I boost my H3.

I assume 1 layer would b enough compared to the 2 I put on H3.
I hadn't either until my coach (who is a top UK player) told me he always puts a layer on his T05 - I tried his bat and loved the feel. Having done it now on T05 and D05 I have never looked back. I use a layer of Falco to get a light dome, straight onto the sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Maybe this is where they ended up. I don't know about other countries but in Vietnam there are many sellers who regularly have used rubbers with good condition in stock - all about 20-30$ in price. And they sell a lot since most of us can't afford the price of brand new rubbers

View attachment 24342

View attachment 24343

View attachment 24344

Maybe this is where they ended up. I don't know about other countries but in Vietnam there are many sellers who regularly have used rubbers with good condition in stock - all about 20-30$ in price. And they sell a lot since most of us can't afford the price of brand new rubbers

View attachment 24342

View attachment 24343

View attachment 24344
Wow that is so cool. I wish shops like that existed here.

How do those sellers acquire these rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
But we haven't tried it yet, have we? So we shouldn't judge it too quickly. We can't just go by the stats, even from the manufacturer.

On paper I love harder, better, faster, stronger, but in reality, I like feel first and foremost, then fast enough, control and quality.
Sure, I'm still hopeful that it is a great rubber. And I totally appreciate the concept of a softer version of Dignics.

But I still feel a little confused, if the Glayzer sponge is based off of the Dignics' spring sponge X, why is it slower than Rozena based on manufacture ratings?

Reactions: cnttplayer
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hey KM!

Hammond Z2 is great, made in Japan and the first rubber to actually ressemble a Tenergy in my opinion (the sponge looks like a Spring Sponge). It's dynamic like T05 but more controllable and not jumpy and as spin sensitive. I've never liked a tension rubber this much since T05FX which is amazing on my BH (been using it for the past 2-3 years) but too bouncy on my FH.

I might switch to H3 on the FH of my current blade but I'll keep Z2 on my other rackets for sure.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Sure, I'm still hopeful that it is a great rubber. And I totally appreciate the concept of a softer version of Dignics.

But I still feel a little confused, if the Glayzer sponge is based off of the Dignics' spring sponge X, why is it slower than Rozena based on manufacture ratings?
I'm think it's going to be a good perhaps great offering like Rozena for a large audience, but probably not for each and everyone one of us picky equipment peeps, we'll see. We can't expect it to be Tenergy or Dignics, but the fact that it's cheaper is promising in-and-out of itself.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I'm think it's going to be a good perhaps great offering like Rozena for a large audience, but probably not for each and everyone one of us picky equipment peeps, we'll see. We can't expect it to be Tenergy or Dignics, but the fact that it's cheaper is promising in-and-out of itself.
Im wondering if they made it a lot cheaper than Dignics purely for marketing purposes, or if Dignics actually has some additional process that costs them $30 per sheet more

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Im wondering if they made it a lot cheaper than Dignics purely for marketing purposes, or if Dignics actually has some additional process that costs them $30 per sheet more
It's ALL marketing.

Dignics and Tenergy only cost so much more because of all the sponsored players paid to use and rep it.

Rozena and Glazer don't have this "problem".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
It's ALL marketing.

Dignics and Tenergy only cost so much more because of all the sponsored players paid to use and rep it.

Rozena and Glazer don't have this "problem".
I actually quite like Rozena. Don't find anything wrong with it at all.

I wish Yinhe or somebody would figure out how to make the same quality of rubber as Rozena and sell it at $15 like their other rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Rozena is great at what it does.

Wishes, sometimes they come true!
Well that's why I was quite hopeful about Moon Speed 53. Some reviews said its very similar to Vega. So if they can sell it for under $20, that's a pretty good offering.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I'm confused why these aren't just sold as Dignics 09c-FX and D 05-FX. Why are they able to sell these significantly cheaper than Dignics?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I actually quite like Rozena. Don't find anything wrong with it at all.

I wish Yinhe or somebody would figure out how to make the same quality of rubber as Rozena and sell it at $15 like their other rubbers.
I felt as though AK47 Red was biting on the heels of rubbers like Vega X and Rozena.

Jul 2014
I'm confused why these aren't just sold as Dignics 09c-FX and D 05-FX. Why are they able to sell these significantly cheaper than Dignics?
The real question is why they feel the need to sell Dignics at the price they do. And I'm sure the rubbers are formulated to have different performance than just slapping a softer sponge underneath the same topsheet, otherwise they would make them into FX versions and sell them for the same price as regular Dignics like they did Tenergy.

Reactions: Choosikick