Tibhar MX-P alternative.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Good day to all TTD members,

What is the alternative rubber for Tibhar MX-P with BETTER top sheet DURABILITY but same sponge hardness and same spin.

Thank you in advance for all the kind reply and recommend.

Best regards,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I've played a fair bit with MXPs, and found it to be quite durable.. Infact, MXP is typically considered to be cheaper and durable alternative to Tenergy 05.

I've found Palio AK47 Red to be a cheaper and toned-down alternative to MXP. However, its not as durable.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

What is the alternative rubber for Tibhar MX-P with BETTER top sheet DURABILITY but same sponge hardness and same spin.

Best regards,
Some questions:
1. Are you using MX-P for FH or BH?
2. What rubber are you using on the other side?

Tenergy 05 and MX-P are nothing like each other. I love Tenergy and I hate MX-P. Tenergy is much more dynamic with a much better feeling. The only similarity is the hardness...

As a matter of fact I do not like any of the Tibhar Evolution rubbers. I will give FX-S another chance since I have one left over but my exspectations are low,

Cheers
L-zr

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Go totally old-school earlier gen tensor and try out a sheet of Tibhar Aurus. Sponge is firmer, but topsheet more supple, overall similar hardness feel. You can do all the shots you do with MX-P and the top end is good if your blade is at least OFF in power... spin super on slow openers and power drives...

The rubber seems to last and perform at a high level a very long time. In Korea, I could get 3x more use out of Aurus than T05.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tenergy 05 and MX-P are nothing like each other. I love Tenergy and I hate MX-P. Tenergy is much more dynamic with a much better feeling. The only similarity is the hardness...

As a matter of fact I do not like any of the Tibhar Evolution rubbers. I will give FX-S another chance since I have one left over but my exspectations are low,

Cheers
L-zr
To me, MX-P and T05 are for sure totally different properties... but the first hit I had with MX-P after ditching T05 at the time was that I could do the same strokes (the full swing strokes) and still land the ball same percentage same effectiveness (but ball obviously had different trajectory) (I think T05 back then (2010) was juicier and a little softer)

T05 can give an amateur player without a proper stroke 80% of the potential spin with not even a half stroke... that is damn appealing to many amateurs.

I do not think Laser is in that category, he has his good reasons for liking T05 and I would speculate it is the impact he has.

MX-P for me lasted a damn long time and I liked it better after tuner wore out... very predictable consistent rubber much less spin reactive than T05, much easier serve receive (but anyone can adapt and be right there with enough time - I did that on bouncier FX-S) You knew what your shot was going to do on low and medium impacts... and we play a lot of those kind of shots in a match and that matters... top end great spin great pace too.

Myself, I was never very good enough to use T05 like it should... I later discovered I was a softie on FH and made my highest ever rating with T05FX on FH... later got MX-K 47.5 on FH and had a 6-8 month go with Etika 51... that got my impact much better for a medium firm rubber and after that I could make MX-K really sing.
Maybe I should give T05 another go on FH... but at $80 USD a sheet and SO MANY DAMN GOOD RUBBERS out there... paying for T05 is not gunna happen.

I slapped Aurus (after a 10 yr+ absence) on FH to the SDC Blades Spartan XD Mandalorian and WOW !!! I could play that like a fiddle !!! great opening spin, great power on finishes, great power on counter looping.
On the other hand, my TT friend Sergey Scoobie Doo loves MX-K so much, he is willing to pay postage for anyone wishing to get rid of used sheets of the stuff they think is ready for the trash can.

This user has no status.
While it's slower and softer than either the T05 or MX-P, a mate of mine introduced me recently to the Joola Energy X-tra, which to my mind at least feels similar to an MX-P

(Full Disclosure: I loved the MX- P the last time I tried it, but that was also a while ago, so my mind may be playing tricks on me. That being said, the Joola Energy X-tra isn't a bad rubber for the money, and is close enough to the AK47 Red to be mentioned in the same breath... probably a hair faster than the AK47R on reflection, with about the same levels of spin).

As for a T05 replacement, nothing feels quite like a T05 to me, which is largely why it still commands such a ridiculous price. Closest thing I've found to a T05 for playing feel and speed, is actually a Loki T3... which I'm sure would be far more popular, if only it were capable of better levels of spin.

As it stands, the T3 is a hard, heavy and blazingly fast rubber, that drives brilliantly, but that's about it. It's the TT equivalent of a drag racer... fantastic speed, so long as you're only trying to move in a dead straight line. Give the thing a decent / gripper / tackier top sheet though, and the ball would curve a lot more in flight, making it downright dangerous.

Last edited:
To me, MX-P and T05 are for sure totally different properties... but the first hit I had with MX-P after ditching T05 at the time was that I could do the same strokes (the full swing strokes) and still land the ball same percentage same effectiveness (but ball obviously had different trajectory) (I think T05 back then (2010) was juicier and a little softer)

T05 can give an amateur player without a proper stroke 80% of the potential spin with not even a half stroke... that is damn appealing to many amateurs.

I do not think Laser is in that category, he has his good reasons for liking T05 and I would speculate it is the impact he has.

MX-P for me lasted a damn long time and I liked it better after tuner wore out... very predictable consistent rubber much less spin reactive than T05, much easier serve receive (but anyone can adapt and be right there with enough time - I did that on bouncier FX-S) You knew what your shot was going to do on low and medium impacts... and we play a lot of those kind of shots in a match and that matters... top end great spin great pace too.

Myself, I was never very good enough to use T05 like it should... I later discovered I was a softie on FH and made my highest ever rating with T05FX on FH... later got MX-K 47.5 on FH and had a 6-8 month go with Etika 51... that got my impact much better for a medium firm rubber and after that I could make MX-K really sing.
Maybe I should give T05 another go on FH... but at $80 USD a sheet and SO MANY DAMN GOOD RUBBERS out there... paying for T05 is not gunna happen.

I slapped Aurus (after a 10 yr+ absence) on FH to the SDC Blades Spartan XD Mandalorian and WOW !!! I could play that like a fiddle !!! great opening spin, great power on finishes, great power on counter looping.
On the other hand, my TT friend Sergey Scoobie Doo loves MX-K so much, he is willing to pay postage for anyone wishing to get rid of used sheets of the stuff they think is ready for the trash can.
As a matter of fact I have 2 sheets of Aurus prime and one sheet of FX-S left in my stash. I recently bought 2 dirt cheap Alser blades (TTEX own brand manufatured in the same factory as Yasaka). One is equipped with Tenergy 05 and 05FX. This I am playing with right now. I will use the other blade to compare rubbers and my first attempt will be
Tenergy05 vs Aurus Prime and Tenergy 05FX vs Tibhar FX-S. A bit unfair comparison but this is what I have to go and I want to get rid of the Tibhar sheets anyway.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: thomas.pong
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I would think L-zr is better suited to get the most out of Tenergy more than I can... but I can make T05FX stand at the position of attention, salute, and hum Stars and Stripes Forever though.

I am now more suited to firmer rubbers on FH and now many can work for me there... not like before when I was really restricted to certain softer rubbers.

• Love
I would think L-zr is better suited to get the most out of Tenergy more than I can... but I can make T05FX stand at the position of attention, salute, and hum Stars and Stripes Forever though.

I am now more suited to firmer rubbers on FH and now many can work for me there... not like before when I was really restricted to certain softer rubbers.
Well, the offensive game is going great, the short game not so much, but I have a lot more fun with it. I do not want to give up my offensive edge, therefore I tolerate a weakness in the short game. I have gotten over the spin sensitivity as well.
For me Tenergy lasts only marginally longer so a cheaper option would be nice, but I think that’s utopia…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Best regards,
I don't think there is a rubber with significantly better durability than MXP.

If you want better cost-performance, your best solution would be either AK47-red or Friendship Aurora Max boosted with seamoon.

The Aurora reacts tremendously to seamoon and becomes very very fast and bouncy, more than MXP.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Best regards,
Well nothing really, the closest thing is V15 Extra, but it's a bit different. MX-P topsheet is nothing that particularly special but its super large pored sponge is.
If you want a topsheet upgrade you should look at MX-S, that topsheet is vastly superior regarding spin potential. MX-P is actually a pretty good compromise rubber, since it's very easy to use since it is soft, and squishy. Sure it is bouncy as hell but that is something one needs to tame.

For someone with good technique and good power I would suggest MX-S on FH and V>15 extra on BH.
Someone with less great BH side I would suggest MX-S on FH and MX-P on BH.
If BH is just for blocking then just get Aurus Select. Aurus Select is still very capable in everything while being very easy to use.

If you are very good on BH and FH and have great power just get MX-S on both sides. I think from the Evolution series it is the best rubber. MX-S is between T05 and D80 if one can utilize is it is a monster rubber.