Tibhar Shang Kun Hybrid AC Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I would like to collect information and opinions about the Tibhar Shang Kun Hybrid AC blade.

bois-tibhar-sk-hybrid-Ac.jpg

For those who don't know it, it's a top-of-the-range carbon blade from Tibhar with an innerforce type construction (carbon placed near the central ply) and a slightly longer surface than normal, which can tell us strangely reminiscent of older versions of the DHS W968. This blade was designed for the Chinese player Shang Kun (playing in Germany) and currently used by the Lebrun brothers since signing their contract with Tibhar.

Categorized OFF- by its manufacturer, according to various tests it is one of the fastest Innerforce on the market (behind the Butterfly Harimoto) but is also easier to play than an outer carbon blade. If some of you have been able to try it, do not hesitate to share your feelings with us and tell us if it can claim to be a real alternative to the famous Innerforce ALC or Hurricane Long V, which have a very similar composition. .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Quality level is very very correct, I have had several in my hands in recent days and the finishes are very good. Unfortunately, I can't play with it... and we can't use the HL5 and the W968 as a manufacturing quality reference, huh... (I'm not talking about efficiency)

According to the few reviews I've seen, it wouldn't be so fast and much more flexible than the Harimoto.
I just have the impression that this blade has gone unnoticed...

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Quality level is very very correct, I have had several in my hands in recent days and the finishes are very good. Unfortunately, I can't play with it... and we can't use the HL5 and the W968 as a manufacturing quality reference, huh... (I'm not talking about efficiency)

According to the few reviews I've seen, it wouldn't be so fast and much more flexible than the Harimoto.
I just have the impression that this blade has gone unnoticed...
Most new blades with similar construction to W968/HL5 or Viscaria/XYZ-ALC struggle to really stand out. Brands like Tibhar, Joola etc. wouldn't make cheap ``clones'' like Yinhe or Stour, and they couldn't make a blade that is clearly superior to those popular blades (rarely anyone can, it's almost impossible). Then it comes down to personal perception, which again DHS and Butterfly have the edge with their existing popularities.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Most new blades with similar construction to W968/HL5 or Viscaria/XYZ-ALC struggle to really stand out. Brands like Tibhar, Joola etc. wouldn't make cheap ``clones'' like Yinhe or Stour, and they couldn't make a blade that is clearly superior to those popular blades (rarely anyone can, it's almost impossible). Then it comes down to personal perception, which again DHS and Butterfly have the edge with their existing popularities.
I am trying to find among the Tibhar and Donic brands a viable alternative to the Innerforce ALC and the Hurricane Long V. For the moment I have only found this SK Hybrid AC blade which is still Made In Japan.. .but I have few user reviews...

Jan 2023
I am trying to find among the Tibhar and Donic brands a viable alternative to the Innerforce ALC and the Hurricane Long V. For the moment I have only found this SK Hybrid AC blade which is still Made In Japan.. .but I have few user reviews...
Donic Original True Carbon Inner has innerforce structure but with Kiri core, so probably not what you want. Is there a reason to stick with Tibhar/Donic? If it's because of sponsor reasons you could ask your sponsors what would be the best candidates and ask them to give you a sample to try out?

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Donic Original True Carbon Inner has innerforce structure but with Kiri core, so probably not what you want. Is there a reason to stick with Tibhar/Donic? If it's because of sponsor reasons you could ask your sponsors what would be the best candidates and ask them to give you a sample to try out?
t's more complicated than that but yes this Donic blade is on my list. Unbeatable value for money it seems. In reality, if I have to focus on these two brands, it's for commercial reasons related to my job.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Yasaka Ma Lin soft carbon i guess, innerforce type too, and it has pretty good price/quality ratio. But that one is not Tibhar or Donic

Last edited:
Reactions: Equaaz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think Kenta Matsudaira is using this now? Watch his youtubechannel. He tried a lot of bladed and compared them.

Reactions: jammmail and Equaaz