WTT Singapore Smash 2023

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The WTT Singapore Smash 2023 is well underway! We can use this topic to display all the latest news, results and videos from the tournament.

fanzhendongwttsingaporesmash2023.jpg

Fan Zhendong in Singapore, Photo via WTT

Who do you think will win the men's and women's singles?

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Did the ref really give Yuan a yellow and then a red card for constantly stalling on the serve receive? Definitely was excessive but don't think I've ever seen that before.

The red card was given after Yuan pointed to something on the floor when Lebrun served. To me it was a bit over the top and ultimately affected his mentality

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Dima and Patrick Franziska already out. I was rooting for Dima to go far but it didnt work out in the end, definitely very interesting things happening, top players struggling more than expected. Now I hope for a Ma long - FZ Final match and some more entertaining stuff on the way there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Did the ref really give Yuan a yellow and then a red card for constantly stalling on the serve receive? Definitely was excessive but don't think I've ever seen that before.
Would one of you guys know which live stream video (or link to video) they played on so I can go back and watch the full match?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
But there should be official complaint to ittf about Lebrun. He goes into his service motion without looking at his opponent to see if they are ready. He's a asshole
Well, it certainly is a bit unorthodox. It is an unwritten rule to be respectful to your opponent by waiting until they are in their ready position. IDK if they serve fast out of habit or if it is an explicit tactical thing to throw off the opponent.

I play against a really fast and low toss tomahawk server sort of like Lebrun's lollypop at the local club, and it is quite uncomfortable to say the least. They often times serve even if I put my hand up (I guess they can't see my hand?), and it is just an awkward experience all around... I just try my best to get into the ready position really quickly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Reactions: tabletennisdaily1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Dima and Patrick Franziska already out. I was rooting for Dima to go far but it didnt work out in the end, definitely very interesting things happening, top players struggling more than expected. Now I hope for a Ma long - FZ Final match and some more entertaining stuff on the way there.
Ma long will have to deal with lin shidong first and also there’s a so called wang chuqin in the way of a ma v FZD final.

This user has no status.
indeed, i watched her match against Miyu NAGASAKI, and even though CHEN Meng did prevail 3-1, she didn't seem very confident, and her body language showed frustration at times

CHEN Meng also lost to SZOCS recently, but that was a huge performance from the Romanian.

HIRANO won a thriller match against WANG Yidi, extracting some revenge. this is maybe the start of HIRANO's comeback on the international scene ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Ma long will have to deal with lin shidong first and also there’s a so called wang chuqin in the way of a ma v FZD final.

Ma Long can probably win Lin Shidong 3-1. Lin Shidong plays like FZD - predictable power player. They easily succumb to Ma Long's deceptive game.

Wang Chuqin has grown so much, he has a chance to beat Ma Long and FZD (FZD is probably only performing at 80% due to injury).

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Ma Long can probably win Lin Shidong 3-1. Lin Shidong plays like FZD - predictable power player. They easily succumb to Ma Long's deceptive game.

Wang Chuqin has grown so much, he has a chance to beat Ma Long and FZD (FZD is probably only performing at 80% due to injury).
Wang has actually beaten ma long last 2 times they met. Ma has really struggled with wangs speed. Will be interesting

This user has no status.

Agreed, I'll be really surprised if Lin Shidong beats Ma Long.... Harimoto probably has more of a chance beating Ma Long than Lin Shidong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
indeed, i watched her match against Miyu NAGASAKI, and even though CHEN Meng did prevail 3-1, she didn't seem very confident, and her body language showed frustration at times

CHEN Meng also lost to SZOCS recently, but that was a huge performance from the Romanian.

HIRANO won a thriller match against WANG Yidi, extracting some revenge. this is maybe the start of HIRANO's comeback on the international scene ?
Remember, Samara is also from Romania, and she played well as well. Sometimes, it is really about playing well in the close moments and Samara got loose as Chen Meng got tight.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
didn't see the match. Seeing the result. Mima lost 10-12 in the decider against QIAN Tianyi.
can't say i'm surprised. Mima's results have been a bit downhill for a while.

i think there is too much pressure on her, as she is seeing many rivals emerging in Japan, even KIHARA is in front of her in the race to Paris, and Miwa HARIMOTO will soon become Japan N1...