4th delivery out of 5
C4C02F0A-B5CA-4FF7-A1E3-20CF2321E6D6.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Victas Curl P1V
Victas Swat FL and C-Pen
Yinhe D-773 C-Pen
C-Pen finger guard. Not sure about the name translation, but pretty much an add-on silicone piece that helps with the grip, I'm too lazy to use sand paper to slowly grind it down lol Here's a picture of it
22242533037441_938.jpg
Are you switching to penhold or long pips now?

• Haha
Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Are you switching to penhold or long pips now?
Nah, just for fun. As Sun Tzu put it in the Art of War, "If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

A few new players started showing up in my local club, and they all have pips on their paddle, some even illegal (missing multiple pips on the rubber near the center, and possibly treated since the one they're using aren't that brittle normally). So to prepare myself I'm going down the rabbit hole.

Plus, I tried RPB for the first time, and found it really easy to use, don't know why people say it's hard and awkward. That's why I got a few penhold blades to try out. Also most of the long pips videos I've seen are made by penhold former CNT players .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Nah, just for fun. As Sun Tzu put it in the Art of War, "If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

A few new players started showing up in my local club, and they all have pips on their paddle, some even illegal (missing multiple pips on the rubber near the center, and possibly treated since the one they're using aren't that brittle normally). So to prepare myself I'm going down the rabbit hole.

Plus, I tried RPB for the first time, and found it really easy to use, don't know why people say it's hard and awkward. That's why I got a few penhold blades to try out. Also most of the long pips videos I've seen are made by penhold former CNT players .
I also got a sheet of Yinhe Qing just to put on any blade in case I feel like chopping or looping against chop. I don't have defensive blade anymore (sold my only one), but I figure the HL5 clone is slow and soft enough to put LP rubber on it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

apart from some LP being illegal, I actually find it just unfair. Because inverted players are training against inverted players all the time, so they are not prepared to play against LP. LP players are playing and training specifically for inverted rubbers, so they are completely prepared. It's fundamentally unfair for those 2 to play each other. For professional players, they know who they are facing in advance, so they can at least train for it a little in advance. But especially for us club players, when its just thrown on us suddenly, its unfair.

I sometimes joke around that if I played LP I would never lose a match. The few times I have played LP, I always win. I went into those games with 0 practice and 0 strategy. I'm just relying on my opponent being totally unprepared for the LP style, which they inevitably are unprepared. But the last time I had a LP rubber, another guy liked my setup so much he bought it from me. So that's why I got the Yinhe Qing to replace my old LP setup.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
apart from some LP being illegal, I actually find it just unfair. Because inverted players are training against inverted players all the time, so they are not prepared to play against LP. LP players are playing and training specifically for inverted rubbers, so they are completely prepared. It's fundamentally unfair for those 2 to play each other. For professional players, they know who they are facing in advance, so they can at least train for it a little in advance. But especially for us club players, when its just thrown on us suddenly, its unfair.

I sometimes joke around that if I played LP I would never lose a match. The few times I have played LP, I always win. I went into those games with 0 practice and 0 strategy. I'm just relying on my opponent being totally unprepared for the LP style, which they inevitably are unprepared. But the last time I had a LP rubber, another guy liked my setup so much he bought it from me. So that's why I got the Yinhe Qing to replace my old LP setup.
I'm not saying all LP is illegal, I'm just saying the new guys at my club is using illegal LP because it seems like it is treated and is missing multiple pips in the center of the rubber. There is a count limit of 10-30 in a 1cm^2 region if I remember correctly, and I pretty sure there's also a ruling if a rubber is missing more than 5 pips it is also considered illegal.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023

LP users who rely on the reversal effect are quite easy to beat if you use the right tactics.

LP beginners usually can't read or handle spin well either and are relying on the LP to do the work (often that's why they start using LP in the first place). Give them floaty balls and they would panick. Give them your spinniest serve, they would also panick.

Intermediate LP users understand the reversal effect but often lack variation. They would almost always chop a topspin shot and flick/lift a backspin ball. The "push 1 loop 1" is more than enough against them as long as you can play consistently.

Only when they can consciously vary their shots with deception, they become real problematic. But there is still a limit on how much spin they can handle, due to the low grip of LP. That's where the deceptive LP push-blocker peaks. LP men users above this level up to professional are virtually all choppers/modern defenders; on the lady's side most would play aggressively close to the table like Mima Ito (Yes, I know she uses SP).

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
LP users who rely on the reversal effect are quite easy to beat if you use the right tactics.

LP beginners usually can't read or handle spin well either and are relying on the LP to do the work (often that's why they start using LP in the first place). Give them floaty balls and they would panick. Give them your spinniest serve, they would also panick.

Intermediate LP users understand the reversal effect but often lack variation. They would almost always chop a topspin shot and flick/lift a backspin ball. The "push 1 loop 1" is more than enough against them as long as you can play consistently.

Only when they can consciously vary their shots with deception, they become real problematic. But there is still a limit on how much spin they can handle, due to the low grip of LP. That's where the deceptive LP push-blocker peaks. LP men users above this level up to professional are virtually all choppers/modern defenders; on the lady's side most would play aggressively close to the table like Mima Ito (Yes, I know she uses SP).
Can you explain the push 1 loop 1 concept. If you push backspin to LP, when it returns, it will almost be like topspin, won't it? How can you loop this short, topspin shot?

Jan 2023
Can you explain the push 1 loop 1 concept. If you push backspin to LP, when it returns, it will almost be like topspin, won't it? How can you loop this short, topspin shot?
You can either push long and deep, so the return would be longer. Or you can step it and flick it/punch it because you can anticipate it. It's just footwork really. Once you know for sure it's topspin, that's already more than half of the problem gone.

Another tips: with the push 1 loop 1 strategy, don't put maximum spin on the ball unless you see a good chance. Just put enough to stop your opponent from counter attack.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
You can either push long and deep, so the return would be longer. Or you can step it and flick it/punch it because you can anticipate it. It's just footwork really. Once you know for sure it's topspin, that's already more than half of the problem gone.

Another tips: with the push 1 loop 1 strategy, don't put maximum spin on the ball unless you see a good chance. Just put enough to stop your opponent from counter attack.
My issue with playing LP, is I never know how much spin is coming off of the LP. If I push to LP, sometimes the ball comes back fairly topspinny, sometimes it comes back more as a dead ball.

If I hit a drive to LP, sometimes it comes back somewhat dead, sometimes its like a heavy underspin.

So even if I know the direction, i'm not quite sure the amount of spin.

Jan 2023
My issue with playing LP, is I never know how much spin is coming off of the LP. If I push to LP, sometimes the ball comes back fairly topspinny, sometimes it comes back more as a dead ball.

If I hit a drive to LP, sometimes it comes back somewhat dead, sometimes its like a heavy underspin.

So even if I know the direction, i'm not quite sure the amount of spin.
If they are doing that consciously, then they are advanced LP users. Play them as much as you can to increase your experience. If they are not, then you just need to find the sweetspot where you can play safe and consistently while still putting pressure on your opponent.

One of the way for noticing float v.s. spinny ball is whether you can see the logo or just a blur. Their racket action would also be slightly different (depending on the skill of your opponents). The flight and the bounce of the ball would also be different.

It might also be that your shots have different spin everytime, hence the reaction of LP is different everytime.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I have just made another attempt to get my highly desired DHS Hurricane G blade.
That is the one with the nice handle. (the only reason why i want it 🤣)
My first attempt failed because the famous Prince of Table Tennis seems to be a communicative waste-hole.
So this time I made use of the 25% discount I got through Aliexpress anniversary sale.
The order is processing but not shipped yet.
Am I holding my breath ?
Neee, this blade is likely to be a complete flop and I am just satisfying the EJ beast in me. 😂

The Buddha said : "If one has no expectations -one can never be disappointed"

This user has no status.
I recently bought 4 compression T-shirts from under armour haha, can't wait to use them for table tennis purposes! I used one recently and it felt amazing because it helped me brace my core and also deal with the sweat highly efficiently (even more so than modern quick drying shirts)

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
So not a full review as I played the majority of my training session with my usual bat (TBS - D09c) but tried the Franziska for the last 10mins or so. First impressions I really like it. I would like to try it with D09c so it can be more comparative but I really liked the Andro rubber too. C48 is really grippy and generates good spin. R45 was safe but more direct and I love the green :)

The blade though feels really nice in the hand the handle is maybe a little more comfortable than the TBS squareness (both ST). Only downside setup was a little heavier (195gms) than my other bat and that is almost a little heavy already (about 10gms lighter). Felt very controlled - did feel that woodier style. Think i might transition to my main blade when the league is done.
So a full session with this bat tonight as the season is about done.
Blade is great - control and feeling but nice speed too. I would say it has a bigger range than the TBS. Slower on slow shots and quicker on faster shots. Even able to chop away from the table with the feeling.
With the rubbers. I’m not sold on the C48. Something not quite clicking with it. Sometimes plays flat a slow. Sometimes zipped and floated long. R45 though - I love it. So controlled great on bh and fh. I actually liked playing with it on the Fh and the c48 on backhand.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
51A298CF-9606-4020-9D22-B55DC3F3216D.jpeg4B8724FF-D6F7-471A-9DE7-BC8E4EF97C16.jpegA87AA886-CBA5-498B-AE2E-34AF855706C6.jpeg
Andro R48, Green, max, which I have used before and wanted to try again.
Donic Baracuda, Black, 2.1, which is a new rubber for me, previous generation rubber, just wanted to give it a go!!
Blade is an SDC 7+2 defensive rated blade with ‘Dotec‘ wings (not a new blade)

• Haha
Reactions: IB66
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
View attachment 24726View attachment 24727View attachment 24728
Andro R48, Green, max, which I have used before and wanted to try again.
Donic Baracuda, Black, 2.1, which is a new rubber for me, previous generation rubber, just wanted to give it a go!!
Blade is an SDC 7+2 defensive rated blade with ‘Dotec‘ wings (not a new blade)
Baracuda is quite old but I think there's a good reason it's stuck around, and they even have it in blue from some stores.

Reactions: IB66