Wait for tackiness to wear off?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Every time we change to a new blade or/and a new rubber we need to adjust.
If the changes are quite extreme , so will be the work demanded of us to adapt.
I personally also have bought both blades and rubbers that were not suitable for me at the time.
When this happens we just have to take it on the chin.

There are still options though like : Gift it to a friend - ex change with a friend for another item -sell it - store it carefully , there might come a time when it will suit better - clean it real good and throw it away etc/ etc. 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
If the ball is going in the net, then it must be that you have played a poor / the wrong shot. For me this is often because of poor movement, too slow recovery from previous shot etc etc.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well STN has a very low and difficult throw angle, but for some reason when I use it on the backhand its far less noticeable.

Its much easier to loop underspin with stn on backhand than forehand. I think because bh has more wrist action to counter the underspin.

Given everything you have said/written, it is more likely that your forehand technique is insufficiently advanced to use the rubber, which seems along the likes of Hurricane 2. Do you have to use it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Given everything you have said/written, it is more likely that your forehand technique is insufficiently advanced to use the rubber, which seems along the likes of Hurricane 2. Do you have to use it?
I actually have a sheet of H2 as well, and trust me they are still worlds apart. I know a lot of people say H2 has low throw, but it is nothing compared to STN.

If D09c has high throw like a 9, and maybe H3 has medium throw like a 7, and if H2 has low throw like a 5, STN would be a 1. Its far lower than H2. I dont find H2 difficult to loop or use.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I actually have a sheet of H2 as well, and trust me they are still worlds apart. I know a lot of people say H2 has low throw, but it is nothing compared to STN.

If D09c has high throw like a 9, and maybe H3 has medium throw like a 7, and if H2 has low throw like a 5, STN would be a 1. Its far lower than H2. I dont find H2 difficult to loop or use.
That is awesome to know. So since you can't use the rubber to its potential, why not use one of those awesome rubbers you can use? Why use and complain about this one beyond reviewing it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
That is awesome to know. So since you can't use the rubber to its potential, why not use one of those awesome rubbers you can use? Why use and complain about this one beyond reviewing it?
I probably will not be using STN past today. But I usually don't like to give up on rubbers. I like to try and find some saving grace and figure out a way to bring out their potential.

In the past, I found that Loki GTX was really hard to control and I was close to giving up on it. But after putting baby oil on it, it suddenly becomes a very good rubber, so I played several months with that rubber to good results.

I also got Palio HK1997 for FH, because it was advertised as very hard and tacky rubber. I found that it was not hard, but in fact very soft, like ESN 40. I also was close to giving up on it, but I found with some light booster and switching it to backhand, I played with great results for several months with it.

So I was just hoping to find some way to save this STN rubber, but actually this rubber is just really bad in my opinion. Even the Target Pro 3 is much better and much easier to loop with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Well STN has a very low and difficult throw angle, but for some reason when I use it on the backhand its far less noticeable.

Its much easier to loop underspin with stn on backhand than forehand. I think because bh has more wrist action to counter the underspin.
That is really weird, in my experience STN is not a backhand rubber.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I just glued a new sheet of Sanwei Target National onto a blade. I find that with a film sheet on, it is very bouncy, almost like a tensor rubber. But with the film sheet off, it sticks to the rubber and has almost no bounce.

I'm trying to imagine the end result of this rubber, do I need to boost it to get enough speed/rebound? Or will it naturally be bouncy when the tackiness wears off?
Is it the new or old version? I feel that they are way different compared to each other. Strange that you find it soft. My copy feels harder than a H3 41deg, and faster.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
If it keeps going into the net, then just open up your bat angle or swing more forward (in case there isn't enough speed to bring the ball over the net).

Or just get a new rubber if you prefer to find the perfect rubber that fits your current technique instead of adapting to the equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Is it the new or old version? I feel that they are way different compared to each other. Strange that you find it soft. My copy feels harder than a H3 41deg, and faster.
I have the old generation. It was on sale at aliexpress so i decided to try it. Its definitely more porous and softer than H3, bouncier and faster than H3.

But how is the new generation throw angle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Ha, i just tried it out since its horrible on forehand side. Just hoping for any way to save the rubber.
It's clear. Can't you sell it? Selling on forums or Facebook groups is very common in our country. A lot of guys buy something new and after a couple of tests they sell it for 80% of the original cost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I have the old generation. It was on sale at aliexpress so i decided to try it. Its definitely more porous and softer than H3, bouncier and faster than H3.

But how is the new generation throw angle?
Well it's quite low as well, but the new version feels like a different rubber. The top sheet is new, and the gluing technique between sponge and top sheet is newly developed. The weight was about 49 grams cut, and the one I tried before weighed 56 grams cut.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
It's clear. Can't you sell it? Selling on forums or Facebook groups is very common in our country. A lot of guys buy something new and after a couple of tests they sell it for 80% of the original cost.
Yeah I'll just sell it. The problem is I dont have any new rubber to test out next. Ive pretty much tested all the major Aliexpress rubbers that might be good.