Yinhe Pro 05 First Impressions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I had ordered myself (on Feb. 13, 2023) a new 2022 Yinhe Pro-05 blade from Chinese PingPong via Aliexpress for $67.33 (blade only) with a red Xiom Vega Asia and a black Yinhe Big Dipper H39 sticky rubber. The order arrived on Tuesday March 7th via USPS (they do the last leg for AliExpress). As known from previous purchases, the quality of the blade is very good. I usually sand the edges a little anyway but one has to be careful to not sand into the KLC layer as this converts the edge into a saw. I then varnished the blade with solvent based satin varnish. This turned out to be a mistake as it made the surface slippery and the glue didn't adhere well. So I sanded the varnish off again. I used Revolution 3 medium viscosity glue for the final glueing (2 layers each on blade & rubbers, no hair dryer, 10+ hours letting the glue dry - may have been too long, the rubber delaminated again after 1 day). Unfortunately I couldn't remove the glue cleanly from the Xiom Vega Asia to that one went into the trashcan. Instead I glued a Yinhe Moon soft sponge.

In the future I'll do the varnishing with water based polyurethane as this is what TableTennis11 Sergei recommended.

The Yinhe Pro-05 blade is Limba/Limba?/KLC/../KLC/Limba?/Limba, as opposed to the Pro-01 blade which is Koto/ALC/Limba?/.../Limba?/ALC/Koto.

The Yinhe Pro-05 was 1356Hz (no rubbers), 85.0g, 5.9mm, handle center 27.1mm horizontal/23.7mm vertical.

The Yinhe Pro-01 (Koto top/ALC/../../../ALC/Koto) was 88.8g. 1485Hz. 5.8mm with I think the same handle.

For comparison, the closest blade to the Pro-05 I have is the DHS Fang Bo B2 (not B2X) which was 91.9g, 1320Hz, 6.0mm. Handle center 26.9mm x 23.3mm so the handle is a little thinner and that blade is ALC, not KLC. It feels a little softer.

I can say the following after a couple hours of playing. The blade/rubber combination plays like in between the Pro-01 and the DHS Fang Bo B2, closer to the Fang Bo as expected. The Big Dipper with the KLC is less soft than the Moon medium sponge on the Fang Bo but I have very good control with the Pro-05/Big Dipper. I need to get another Big Dipper for the Pro-01 for a fair comparison.

I'll update this post as I learn more. I will replace the soft Moon backhand rubber with a medium sponge rubber, as the soft sponge seems to bottom out.

In general, I am very happy with this blade & the Big Dipper. The quality as in all (30+) Yinhe blades I have is really good, the consistency is good, the workmanship is better than the DHS FB B2 blade. AliExpress shipping has worked well too, nice tracking including USPS "informed delivery" for the last leg.

Last edited:
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
I had ordered myself (on Feb. 13, 2023) a new 2022 Yinhe Pro-05 blade from Chinese PingPong via Aliexpress for $67.33 (blade only) with a red Xiom Vega Asia and a black Yinhe Big Dipper H39 sticky rubber. The order arrived on Tuesday March 7th via USPS (they do the last leg for AliExpress). As known from previous purchases, the quality of the blade is very good. I usually sand the edges a little anyway but one has to be careful to not sand into the KLC layer as this converts the edge into a saw. I then varnished the blade with solvent based satin varnish. This turned out to be a mistake as it made the surface slippery and the glue didn't adhere well. So I sanded the varnish off again. I used Revolution 3 medium viscosity glue for the final glueing (2 layers each on blade & rubbers, no hair dryer, 10+ hours letting the glue dry). Unfortunately I couldn't remove the glue cleanly from the Xiom Vega Asia to that one went into the trashcan. Instead I glued a Yinhe Moon soft sponge.

In the future I'll do the varnishing with water based polyurethane as this is what TableTennis11 Sergei recommended.

The Yinhe Pro-05 blade is Limba/Limba?/KLC/../KLC/Limba?/Limba, as opposed to the Pro-01 blade which is Limba/ALC/Limba?/.../Limba?/ALC/Limba.

The Yinhe Pro-05 was 1356Hz (no rubbers), 85.0g, 5.9mm, handle center 27.1mm horizontal/23.7mm vertical.

The Yinhe Pro-01 was 88.8g. 1485Hz. 5.8mm with I think the same handle.

For comparison, the closest blade to the Pro-05 I have is the DHS Fang Bo B2 (not B2X) which was 91.9g, 1320Hz, 6.0mm. Handle center 26.9mm x 23.3mm so the handle is a little thinner and that blade is ALC, not KLC. It feels a little softer.

I can say the following after a couple hours of playing. The blade/rubber combination plays like in between the Pro-01 and the DHS Fang Bo B2, closer to the Fang Bo as expected. The Big Dipper with the KLC is less soft than the Moon medium sponge on the Fang Bo but I have very good control with the Pro-05/Big Dipper. I need to get another Big Dipper for the Pro-01 for a fair comparison.

I'll update this post as I learn more. I will replace the soft Moon backhand rubber with a medium sponge rubber, as the soft sponge seems to bottom out.

In general, I am very happy with this blade & the Big Dipper. The quality as in all (30+) Yinhe blades I have is really good, the consistency is good, the workmanship is better than the DHS FB B2 blade. AliExpress shipping has worked well too, nice tracking including USPS "informed delivery" for the last leg.
I have several Yinhe blades, and all of them seem factory sealed to me, so I don't think you need to seal them yourself again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I had ordered myself (on Feb. 13, 2023) a new 2022 Yinhe Pro-05 blade from Chinese PingPong via Aliexpress for $67.33 (blade only) with a red Xiom Vega Asia and a black Yinhe Big Dipper H39 sticky rubber. The order arrived on Tuesday March 7th via USPS (they do the last leg for AliExpress). As known from previous purchases, the quality of the blade is very good. I usually sand the edges a little anyway but one has to be careful to not sand into the KLC layer as this converts the edge into a saw. I then varnished the blade with solvent based satin varnish. This turned out to be a mistake as it made the surface slippery and the glue didn't adhere well. So I sanded the varnish off again. I used Revolution 3 medium viscosity glue for the final glueing (2 layers each on blade & rubbers, no hair dryer, 10+ hours letting the glue dry). Unfortunately I couldn't remove the glue cleanly from the Xiom Vega Asia to that one went into the trashcan. Instead I glued a Yinhe Moon soft sponge.

The Yinhe Pro-05 blade is Limba/Limba?/KLC/../KLC/Limba?/Limba, as opposed to the Pro-01 blade which is Limba/ALC/Limba?/.../Limba?/ALC/Limba.

The Yinhe Pro-01 was 88.8g. 1485Hz. 5.8mm with I think the same handle.

I tought pro 01 has koto outer layer because it is similar to viscaria/boll alc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
oh really? I'm surprised to hear that. I feel my B2 is quite stiff.

so do you think the 05 is faster than B2 because of the stiffness?
A little faster. Note they are very close. So the 05 is (from my blades) between the B2 and the B2X, closer to the B2. I don't have the DHS Ma Long blade to compare.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
So would it be fair to say that the the Pro 05 is the Yinhe carbon blade closest to Fang Bo B2 and HL5 in terms of flex and dwell?
Yes I think so. Since Ma Long is the GOAT it makes sense for Yinhe to have a blade similar to what he is using for 1/10 of the price. Also AliExpress has worked for me as supplier.
Unfortunately I still play better with my Victas Swat (7-ply 1162Hz) so it looks like Yinhe hasn't been able to make the blade play like Ma Long by itself.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
My Yinhe Pro 05 is hard to control with springy rubbers, but with chinese tacky, or D09C is brilliant.
received_166032392884457.jpeg

This user has no status.
Can you compare three of these blade?
Yinhe Pro01, 92g, 1348hz. My main blade for long time. Not too hard, very balanced blade, very good with chinese tacky rubbers and tensor rubbers.

Yinhe Pro05, 88g, 1371hz. Sligtly thiner handle than Pro 01. Speed is similar or sligtly faster, but noticable less control. Blade is bouncy with tensor rubbers, but shines with tacky. Feeling is more wooden than Pro01, but harder.

SWORD HD Long 5, 87g, 1371hz. The fasterst one, but with awesome softer feeling. Is very bouncy with tensor rubbers, but because of fantastic feeling, easier to control than Pro05. Plays fantastic With FastArc G1, but with chinese tacky rubbers is a looping monster, and I feel like MaLong.