This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I was tempted by weekly special discount on TT11 😜
IMG_4667.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Der Materialspezialist Spinfire Purple. 1.8mm sponge. I don't think it is EJ. I am switching to short pips on my backhand side and I don't think I will be going back to inverted except to fool around here and there at the club. Or I will only use the inverted on both sides when I train my kids.

Have you played short pips before? Seems a really interesting rubber. How have you found it?

I myself am thinking trying pips again on bh (prob SPs) but maybe with more a defensive mindset.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Have you played short pips before? Seems a really interesting rubber. How have you found it?

I myself am thinking trying pips again on bh (prob SPs) but maybe with more a defensive mindset.
I never played short pips before. I grew up playing Japanese penhold so I never developed a backhand loop. When I came back to the sport about 5 years ago after being gone for 10 years, I changed to shakehand because, well, I am not young anymore and I cannot sprint across the whole table and use my forehand all the time.

I like playing shakehand but after trying and failing to develop a backhand loop, I finally changed my BH to short pips. It has been 2.5 weeks and I really enjoy Spinfire. I think many people would agree that Spinfire is very much like inverted for the most part. That's my feeling too.

For Spinfire, the pips are hard and have some grip to it. I can put spins on the ball. The ball does not wobble that much but that also means I can control the ball easier. For flat hit, yeah, Spinfire does put some weird no spin on it and the ball skids a bit. I think Spinfire is a good short pips to start off with if all you have played is inverted before.

Now what to do next? I don't know. I personally think I will stick with Spinfire. I am looking for offense, not defense and wobbliness.

From talking to a couple short pips experts in the club, they said that if I like Spinfire, I would like Victas VO > 102. They play similarly.

Then again, I heard Rakza PO has a bit more wobbly effect.

then finally Moristo SP has softer pips and much more wobbly, sinking effect which is what some people are looking for when they switch to pips in general (long, medium or short pips).

I played with a clubmate's Moristo SP today for 5 minutes and I did not like it at all.

Some say that Moristo SP is more "catapulty" than Spinfire due to the sponge. But I did not feel it. I feel that the hard pips of Spinfire give it plenty of speed and 1.8mm gives me more speed than I need for now.

Will I upgrade to Spinfire 2.1mm sponge? Very likely.

Will I try Razka PO any time soon? No, I am pretty happy with Spinfire for now.

Will I buy a sheet of Moristo SP? No way. I tried it for 5 minutes. I did not like it. Not interested. That's not the way how I play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Thank you for that detailed reply. I tried Moristo SP briefly and didnt like it - so maybe Spinfire is worth a go/Rakza PO/Victas 102
Yes, just pass on the info I got from the short pips expert in my club.

The gentleman said if you like spinfire, you will like Victas VO>102.

He also said if you want to venture out to more traditional short pips (with wobbly effect), then the next one to try is Victas Spectol S3.

Then further out to the wobbly end would be Rakza PO. Then one more step further out would be Moristo SP.

Obviously on TT11 I also see Dr. Neubauer Killer series where the short pips act almost like medium pips. I am just not interested in that right now at all. If I cannot handle Moristo SP, I cannot imagine how I will perform with a sheet of Dr. Neubauer Killer Extreme or Dr. Neubauer Killer Pro, etc.

I EJ'ed a lot before to find the right forehand rubber (Hurricane after testing out various hybrids) and backhand rubber (I liked Rakza 7 soft and Rozena there). But for some reasons, I am not eager to EJ short pips. It is like I have found the one I like right away (Spinfire). It plays the way I like it. Offense. Easy to spin the ball. Blocking is stable. Not much wobbly effect. I am now trying to consolidate my backhand stroke with Spinfire so zero desire to EJ at all right now. I am busy trying to get a whole new set of techniques down.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Is absolutely a training aid 😂… I intend to use it during solo service practice to help confirm that my variations are doing what I think they do. I’ve hit a couple of hundred serves at it this morning and I think it’s useful feedback, especially the ones that completely missed the board🙄. Must work on placement as well as deception…
IMG_1116.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I was tempted by weekly special discount on TT11 😜
View attachment 27959
I gave up and glued my new Nittaku. I replaced from my FZD Alc almost new Gewo SuperSelect 45 on BH, and Nittaku g-1 on my FH, but I’m pausing now due to wrist issue before I get back to training . Need some recover. I’m really curious how it compares to my main blade Donic Persson PowerPlay (G-1, Z3)
IMG_4701.jpeg
IMG_4704.jpeg

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Xuperman Powerplay X.

I keep telling myself that I need it because I got sent hurricane 2 neo instead of tg2 neo by accident and can't for the life of me get used to it.

Did I need it? Probably no.
Will I like it? I have no clue.
Was it a stupid purchase? 1000%
Do I care? I wish I could say no...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I gave up and glued my new Nittaku. I replaced from my FZD Alc almost new Gewo SuperSelect 45 on BH, and Nittaku g-1 on my FH, but I’m pausing now due to wrist issue before I get back to training . Need some recover. I’m really curious how it compares to my main blade Donic Persson PowerPlay (G-1, Z3)
View attachment 28005View attachment 28006
its too heavy - whats the other rubber.blade weight?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
its too heavy - whats the other rubber.blade weight?
probably due to thick layer of glue.
I removed old layer from Gewo and put 2 new thick layers of Dhs #15 and 1 layer on blade.
G-1 I didn't feel like it and there were 1 layer of Falco Tempo Long and 2 layers of DHS #15 (old), then I aplied 2 thin layers of fresh #15 and 1 layer onto the blade.
If they were cleaned/new probably would got down with weight below 190grams for the whole setup.
If I feel during the playing that it's too heavy I will think about it but that might be the case because Donic which I'm using at this moment in general is lighter ~185 grams and it fits me perfect but I don't want to get ahead of myself before I try it.
The best thing about it all is this which blows my mind that Donic blade is the cheapest I owned with not expensive and sophisticated rubbers I had/have/tried.... which fits me best :):eek:
I can handle everything I get in my hand w/o any problems, but at the end when I play a match I'm the worst pain in the ass using Donic setup even if my opponent is much better than me....

This user has no status.
I too couldn't resist another order on Aliexpress for some more rubbers to test sooner or later.

Rxton 5 Pro
Sanwei Gear Hyper - mid-soft Blue
Yinhe Moon 12 - medium soft Blue
Sueke Glue No. 1 (blue bottle, seller told there was no difference between 1 and 2, just bottle color)
Some extra glueing sponges
let us know how those rubbers play. Sanwei Gear looks interesting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Xuperman Powerplay X.

I keep telling myself that I need it because I got sent hurricane 2 neo instead of tg2 neo by accident and can't for the life of me get used to it.

Did I need it? Probably no.
Will I like it? I have no clue.
Was it a stupid purchase? 1000%
Do I care? I wish I could say no...

Well apparently it should plays quite similar to Dynasty Carbon. So at least it's a decent blade

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
About Sanwei gear hyper there is a big review posted.
My experience is that’s a very grippy rubber. When I let other players feel it, they raise there eyebrow about how grippy it is and you can really generate spin with it. Because of that it’s very sensitive of incoming spin.
It’s not tacky, ball lifts a millimeter and then drops back.
Tensor like. I think the soft is too bouncy for me and I would do better with medium on bh en hard on forehand in stead of soft and medium.

This user has no status.
I've got a thread on here where I post my experiences with Chinese rubbers. The SGH will be a backhand option down the road for me.

I can say already that I am pretty much set on my setup for the coming time, which I will hopefully confirm on Sunday, which would mean that I won't test the SGH for a little while as I don't wanna mess around with my setup once set during the local league season coming up.

Reactions: riemsesy
says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
I've got a thread on here where I post my experiences with Chinese rubbers. The SGH will be a backhand option down the road for me.

I can say already that I am pretty much set on my setup for the coming time, which I will hopefully confirm on Sunday, which would mean that I won't test the SGH for a little while as I don't wanna mess around with my setup once set during the local league season coming up.
What will your setup be?
I really like bloom power fh and Big Dipper bh on my Sanwei 75 outer. Maybe I will glue the same rubbers on the 75 inner too.