The blade off Wang Manyu ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I just switched new rubbers to the blade, new Mantra Pro M and for the forehand I stuck a Polestar P, I'm also curious how the blade is like with a sticky Chinese rubber.
Very good with H 3, I switched from 09c to h 3 about 2 weeks, more spin, easier for straight pushing, and fh counter, when playing match, h3 , give more confidents for winning point.

says [IMG]
How’s the handle’s size compared to Vis?
Don't have my caliper at hand, but just by putting both blades next to each other, the handle of Inspira Plus is slghtly longer by just 2mm or so. The FL curve is bit more pronounced from Inspira Plus, while the thinner part is slightly flatter compared to Viscaria. However, these are just nuances and I was very quickly adjusted.

Reactions: Robin0910
says [IMG]
My first impression after 2hr training , including 2 matches.

Blade weight 88.4gr and (as mentioned before by another member) the weight is very balanced, despite the larger head size (158x151). Measured frequency at 1426, which is the same as my 84gr Viscaria and slightly less compared to 86gr FZD ALC (1467). As such, I expected a hard direct feeling of the blade while playing.
Compared to both BTY ALC blades, core layer of Inspira Plus looks thinner. Used 2x Hybrid MK 2.0 rubbers and total weight of the blade 186gr. which felt very comfortable. I used both rubbers also on the Viscaria and Boll ALC in the last few weeks.

It is not a slow blade but it also doesn't have the typical ALC outer feeling. As mentioned earlier by @Wrighty67 , it is a fast blade, but the "power distribution" is different. Feeling is different compared to BTY ALC. BTY feels harder and direct. Despite having koto outer layer with ALC directly beneath it (just like BTY blades), Inspira Plus feels softer and offering more dwell time. Compared to inner fibre blades with almost similar head size (Ovtcharov ALC and Harimoto ALC) the Inspira Plus feels better for pure topspin play.

Inspira Plus generates higher arc and ball drops less quickly compared to BTY ALC. Very nice when playing short stroke topspin, but I did send multiple blocks too long and over the table.

Although Hybrid MK is not a fast and dynamic rubber, I won't be using this blade with (much) faster rubbers. The combination felt very comfortable and controlled while still providing plenty of power.

This initial impression is based on just 2hr playing and based on the combination of blade and rubbers. Tried (too) many new blades in the past few weeks and I judge a blade always at the first try. And the Inspira Plus I definitely like and will be using this blade during our club tournament this weekend. Regional league starts in 2-3 weeks and I will check out Mantra Pro rubbers on this blade before the start.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Blade weight 88.4gr and (as mentioned before by another member) the weight is very balanced, despite the larger head size (158x151). Measured frequency at 1426, which is the same as my 84gr Viscaria and slightly less compared to 86gr FZD ALC (1467). As such, I expected a hard direct feeling of the blade while playing.
Compared to both BTY ALC blades, core layer of Inspira Plus looks thinner. Used 2x Hybrid MK 2.0 rubbers and total weight of the blade 186gr. which felt very comfortable. I used both rubbers also on the Viscaria and Boll ALC in the last few weeks.

It is not a slow blade but it also doesn't have the typical ALC outer feeling. As mentioned earlier by @Wrighty67 , it is a fast blade, but the "power distribution" is different. Feeling is different compared to BTY ALC. BTY feels harder and direct. Despite having koto outer layer with ALC directly beneath it (just like BTY blades), Inspira Plus feels softer and offering more dwell time. Compared to inner fibre blades with almost similar head size (Ovtcharov ALC and Harimoto ALC) the Inspira Plus feels better for pure topspin play.

Inspira Plus generates higher arc and ball drops less quickly compared to BTY ALC. Very nice when playing short stroke topspin, but I did send multiple blocks too long and over the table.

Although Hybrid MK is not a fast and dynamic rubber, I won't be using this blade with (much) faster rubbers. The combination felt very comfortable and controlled while still providing plenty of power.

This initial impression is based on just 2hr playing and based on the combination of blade and rubbers. Tried (too) many new blades in the past few weeks and I judge a blade always at the first try. And the Inspira Plus I definitely like and will be using this blade during our club tournament this weekend. Regional league starts in 2-3 weeks and I will check out Mantra Pro rubbers on this blade before the start.
Interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing and look forward to hearing more as you continue to spend time with it. I am certainly finding harder rubbers (50-52.5) feel great but am also keen to try D09c on it as my feeling is that it will work well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
So I wanted to circle back on this blade - tonight I took my old Ovtcharov with some DNA Hybrid H on FH and DNA platinum H on BH to really try and compare these two (I have only played with the Stiga the last 2 weeks)

I started with the Ovtcharov and it felt pretty good - familiar and comfortable. After about 20 mins I picked the Stiga back up, expecting it to feel fast and less controlled - except it didn’t. It felt like coming home - spinny and not too fast, but with plenty of power available when you hit harder. It not only felt better in hand, but I was playing better with it - more time on the ball is what it felt like and more spin on my shots along with more accuracy. I was very surprised given how much I like the Ovtcharov.

The DNA Hybrid rubbers (XH and H) are a very good match for my style of play and feel great as a combination with this blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Although Hybrid XH and H might be a bit too hard for my liking, I might give Hybrid M a try. Heard some positive responses on he DNA Hybrid line up. But first , I'll give Mantra Pro M and H a try, which I expect to receive soon.
They are nice rubbers, and for what it's worth the top sheet feels quite soft, giving the rubbers a softer feel than might be expected.

Reactions: P1ngP0ng3r
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Found this video from a Chinese blade maker on the blade. Apparently the composite layer is different from the Viscaria. It's in Chinese, so if you don't want to watch the video then you can see the screenshot below. The 3 he's holding up are SALC from the Super Viscaria, ALC from Inspira Plus, and ALC from Viscaria from left to right.

Stiga_Inspira_Plus.jpg

This user has no status.
Found this video from a Chinese blade maker on the blade. Apparently the composite layer is different from the Viscaria. It's in Chinese, so if you don't want to watch the video then you can see the screenshot below. The 3 he's holding up are SALC from the Super Viscaria, ALC from Inspira Plus, and ALC from Viscaria from left to right.

View attachment 28202

What’s the difference other than the colour?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think the guy in the video is a custom blade maker. Basically in the video, the guy explains the differences in the carbon fiber layer used.
He doesn't mention how the colour of the fiber affects the performance but emphasizes more on the weaving of the fibers.

The 2 light blue carbon fibers are fibers used by butterfly super viscaria and viscaria where 1 is weaved more closely and tightly compared to the other. The dark blue carbon fiber is used in inspiria plus. He makes an observation that the carbon weave of inspiria plus is tighter than viscaria's while being more sparse compared to super viscaria's. This suggest that inspiria plus's stiffness is in between viscaria and super viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Faster than vis, back hand don't worry about the net anymore , not like vis's BH sometime easy under net. I play vis I think like 5 years maybe? This one like 2+ weeks already in love with it. But match I still use 968. Maybe after I play more this blade I will use this as a match blade.
Keen to hear more on how you feel it compares to the Viscaria - I have always really liked my ZJK ALC blade and find that the Inspira plays pretty similar - I now have D09c on FH for both and will keep trying to establish the way they differ and which one I prefer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Keen to hear more on how you feel it compares to the Viscaria - I have always really liked my ZJK ALC blade and find that the Inspira plays pretty similar - I now have D09c on FH for both and will keep trying to establish the way they differ and which one I prefer.
I only play a little like less than an hour on zjk alc, so I don't wanna compared with. But the vis and wmy I can say, wmy blade is more automatic and you don't need to out put too much strength to force for rally, the alc will do the work for you, I change from d09c to H3, then back to 09c, even the 09c lose the second jump of the H3, I still like 09c on forehand, save a lot of energy for long time play like 2+ hours. If you like vis backhand, I think you will like more the wmy backhand, short flick, faster engaged your wrist ,you will find how safe the backhand of this wmy blade.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

How are you getting on with the blade now, after your tournament - any further thoughts on how it compares with Butterfly ALC?