Loki RXTON 9 new sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2019
2,162
1,124
4,059
Read 5 reviews
I did thr switch as mentioned above and tried it out for a bit. The Rxton 7 really feels more like a ESN-ized Chinese rubber, like how ESN hybrids feel like sinicized tensors. In that respect it's a lot like the LAC, except softer and a bit more like a Chinese rubber.

In contrast, the Rxton 9 series feel much more like pure Chinese rubbers, with the new OS version closer to a Hurricane feel than the old BS version. The new OS version has this really incredible catch and hold feeling when doing a more brushing counter. It's really something that even Hurricanes can't seem to match. When driving through the sponge it does feel different though, as it's a bit easier to hit into but doesn't continue to have that insane hold and release feeling of a BS hurricane. The old BS Rxton 9 doesn't quite have the dwell on either brush nor drive loops.

Overall, I just feel the new Rxton 9 is more special, it's really a fairly unique rubber. Very tacky, incredible dwell on brush counters which happen often on the BH side, and a bit more direct and easier to hit into than Hurricanes when driving which is more suitable for the BH than the FH at least with the way I play. I think it lends to a WCQ style BH. You know how when he gets into a BH rally his BH looks more brushy and doesn't typically have the cracking sound that most other people do? I think that's what this rubber will excel at.

So in the end, I'm gonna slap the Rxton 9 back on my S968, and I'm gonna stick to it for now regardless of results. I'm committing to a long term evaluation of it.
I am really mad at myself that I did not buy the R7 from @barusu at the Dusseldorf meetup. I have no more time for EJing, I ordered 5 sheets of R9, should last me till next year.

I played about 20hrs with the rubbers. All time they performed amazing. The top sheet has not a single sign of usage.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
May 2011
2,594
3,136
7,451
I am really mad at myself that I did not buy the R7 from @barusu at the Dusseldorf meetup. I have no more time for EJing, I ordered 5 sheets of R9, should last me till next year.

I played about 20hrs with the rubbers. All time they performed amazing. The top sheet has not a single sign of usage.
Rxton 7 is definitely interesting, it's easier to use than the Rxton 9, has a more ESN feel but is still a very tacky rubber that's pretty linear. I think if you find the R9 or H3 too Chinese, the R7 might be a good choice for something more familiar.

So I glued the R9 back on my primary blade, and it feels great. Basically an easier to use H3 38 OS, and I'm very satisfied with it. By regluing it I found another similarity between it and H3 OS. It forms a reverse dome very, very rapidly. It's only been a week since I boosted it, but after taking it off it's already heavily reverse domed. The playing quality didn't change, but thought that was interesting. H3 OS does that as well, it really reverse domes when you take it off the blade. H3 BS doesn't though, it only forms a minor reverse dome. Of note, Rxton 9 BS doesn't reverse dome much either.

So now that I'm settled on the Rxton 9, I think I'll order a few more sheets. I'll probably order a black OS and a black BS (Neo) 40.5 as well just to play around with. It's hard to see myself going away from the H3 considering I've been using it for 2+ years now, but DHS's poor QC is really annoying the crap out of me so it's at least making me look.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jan 2026
110
61
209
My 37’5 red is in boosting mode will try it monday night at practice will tell you more on tuesday how it play ( blade is w81 inner sadc) will be use on backhand of course ( rxton 9 bs 39 on forehand)

I will be able to compare it to big dipper v and rxton 7 37
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jan 2026
110
61
209
After testing for few hours the orange sponge Rxton 9 37.5 seems a slightly more powerfull Rxton 7 37 , i feel the potential is better , it has more spin / speed / blocking feels more stable and control about the same.

Compared to big dipper v it does everything better except the free speed as big dipper v has a little tensor effect that I don't feel in the Rxton 9 OS

This new rxton 9 37.5 will be my new backhand rubber for this season as the potential is very interesting with proper technique.

I boosted the 3 rubber with only 1 layer of seamoon regular , that is enough for my skill as i like to keep control
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2019
2,162
1,124
4,059
Read 5 reviews
This new rxton 9 37.5 will be my new backhand rubber for this season as the potential is very interesting with proper technique.

I boosted the 3 rubber with only 1 layer of seamoon regular , that is enough for my skill as i like to keep control
Oh, when u hit it right it slaps. Worth trying to exercise to get it consistent.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2019
2,162
1,124
4,059
Read 5 reviews
Update of how rubber look like after 50hrs or so.
I did not manage to get the Black one 100% clean of dirt near where the thumb rests, but I do not particularly care about that area. The hitting are needs to get cleaned regularly, but it stays quite good. C53 or Jekyll C55 would already have a wear spot by this time.
PXL_20261008_115227993.jpg
PXL_20261008_115226852.jpg
PXL_20261008_115125217.jpg
PXL_20261008_115122353.jpg
PXL_20261008_115123726.jpg
PXL_20261008_115117216.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: Draf and DBsystem78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2019
2,162
1,124
4,059
Read 5 reviews
Mine 39 with metric ton of booster came to about 52g. Pardon the gluejob it looks bad on the picture.View attachment 43338View attachment 43337
My AI was analyzing this thread, and I realised I am an idiot who cannot do math. The weight of the 39 comes to 42g, not 52g. 74 of the rubber - 32g of the off cut, comes down to 42g.

Which is impossible... The whole weighing must be messed up ://
 
Top