CNT 2014 WTTTC Closed Training News

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Thats interesting. 2 breaking in one match... and they used ITTF approved balls in this competition.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy
I have question about this: If the ball broke during a point the should replay it or play that point to end? My guess is they should replay it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
No the point has to be played further and counts. Of course the next point has to be played with a new ball. Question for you, i heared a second touch will be legal. E.g. first your finger than your paddle in 1 fluent motion. Anyone heared som about this?

Send from my Samsung Galaxy s4 by using Tapatalk

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
No the point has to be played further and counts. Of course the next point has to be played with a new ball. Question for you, i heared a second touch will be legal. E.g. first your finger than your paddle in 1 fluent motion. Anyone heared som about this?

Yes, i think hitting the ball twice is correct if it happens accidentally.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The aim of closed training is lifting the players to their best for 2014 WTTTC. And new balls will not be used there. So i think it's waste of time to train with new balls for many hours.
I'm not 100% about it but training with the balls that are not going to be used in WTTTC for many hours in closed training is irrational.

Even if they trained for example 1 week and adjusted to it in that time, then it is still a very good news.

Also i haven't any source to be sure balls only broke in Zhang Jike vs Fan Zhendong match. But zjkfanforever only said 2 balls broke there.

I see, cool.
Just wanted to verify if it is your assumption or is it real facts.
You made it sound like real facts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have question about this: If the ball broke during a point the should replay it or play that point to end? My guess is they should replay it.

If the ball break - ie into pieces, then it can be called a let and that point replayed
Most of the time, the point is played, and inbetween points, the players check for breakage and change balls according (inbetween point)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Unintentional second touch is legal - but only on the legal part of your bat - including your playing hand (not arm etc).
intentional second touch is illegal

And its not "will be legal", this rule has been in place since 2009 (If I recall correctly)

This user has no status.
Unintentional second touch is legal - but only on the legal part of your bat - including your playing hand (not arm etc).
intentional second touch is illegal

And its not "will be legal", this rule has been in place since 2009 (If I recall correctly)

Thanks. I have playing ping pong for some time now, but I was not aware of this unintentional touch rule. I think it will only give more room to discussing and interpretation. I assume the ref decides wheter the first touch is intentional or not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks. I have playing ping pong for some time now, but I was not aware of this unintentional touch rule. I think it will only give more room to discussing and interpretation. I assume the ref decides wheter the first touch is intentional or not.

I agree, not many players are aware of it.
Certainly ITTF qualified umpires should know.

I highly recommend that players to take part in ITTF umpiring courses if there are any in the area.

And yes, the umpire on duty will decide the point. But some times this may cause a problem if one opponent doesn't know ITTF laws of table tennis

Reactions: Rajah* and rhonis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm good at making my assumptions sound like real facts ;)

Thats extremely dangerious if your assumptions ends up far from the truth.
Just like your "facts" so far here, has no proof or evidence. Even your explaination in your assumption can raises some level of debate.

Any ways, I wouldn't state a fact unless I know it for sure.
If I assume, I would indicate that it is my thoughts.
Thats me, I guess. Different to yours.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Thats extremely dangerious if your assumptions ends up far from the truth.
Just like your "facts" so far here, has no proof or evidence. Even your explaination in your assumption can raises some level of debate.

Any ways, I wouldn't state a fact unless I know it for sure.
If I assume, I would indicate that it is my thoughts.
Thats me, I guess. Different to yours.
Agree with you.
From now i will indicate what are my thoughts and what are real facts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Thanks for the video.
But, I cant watch it maybe because of some website problem and I dont understand chinese language.
Do you have other links of the videos such as youtube or something?
Thanks is advance.. :)

Sorry, I don't have other links.