New Bat Advice

This user has no status.
Hi guys, yes its me again.

I have been playing with my Andro bat for a while (FH: Rasant,BH: Impuls Powersponge Blade: Treiber G) as an alternative for my previous bat (FH: Tenergy 05, BH: Tenergy 05 FX, Blade: Timo Boll Spirit. And now the season is over I wanted to try something else because its not good enough, even when im used to it now it still doesnt perform as good as my previous bat.

So yesterday I used my old bat again and I felt in love with it again. It does exactly what I want and it feels so right, like the bat is made for me. The right weight, speed and controll its just perfect.

But I still want an alternative for the Tenergys because I dons want to pay 120 euros everytime when my rubbers are dead.

I will get a new Timo Boll Spirit because its the blade I like the best out of all the blades I used.

So I already tried some rubber but some where just not good enough;
-Bluefire M1
-Bluefire M2 and JP02
-Andro Rasant Turbo
-Andro Rasant
-Donic Baracuda
-Andro Hexer
-Andro Hexer+
-Andro Hexer HD
-Rakza 9
-Rakza 7
-Rakza 7 Soft
-Sriver G3
-Sriver G3 FX
-Tibhar MX-P
-Adidas P5
-Adidas Tenzone

Some rubbers I havnt tried but may be good alternatives;
-Tibhar Aurus
-Tibhar 5Q VIP
-Donic Bluefire JP 01
-Nittaku Fastarc G1
-Andro Hexer Powersponge

So the setup Im currently thinking of is

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Donic Bluefire JP 01
BH: Andro Impuls powersponge/ Hexer Powersponge

My playstyle is not anything special
just an allround attacker, I can loop with power or spin depends on the length of the ball and I prefer to play mid distance.

So any advice is welcome!

This user has no status.
Maybe try some Xiom rubbers, they are cheaper than other Tensors, and seems to come with better durability too
Quite different to other Made in Germany rubbers, I must say

Hi Tony, which Xiom rubber do you think will be similair to Tenergy 05 I was thinking about Xiom Omega IV Pro

But which one do you prefer?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi Tony, which Xiom rubber do you think will be similair to Tenergy 05 I was thinking about Xiom Omega IV Pro

But which one do you prefer?

I think Vega Pro is the closes. Vega Pro is Xiom's top seller and I recall it is like number 3 selling rubber in Japan (where number 1 was T05 and number 2 was T64). For a more spin option, there is a Vega Japan.

Omega IV Pro is a more powerful version of the Vega Pro and now there is the Omega V Pro or Tour option.

Imo, you have used some great rubbers already, and if all those isn't working for you totally, I really don't know what would, so I can not make a honest suggestion, best is for you to reserch further.

This user has no status.
I think Vega Pro is the closes. Vega Pro is Xiom's top seller and I recall it is like number 3 selling rubber in Japan (where number 1 was T05 and number 2 was T64). For a more spin option, there is a Vega Japan.

Omega IV Pro is a more powerful version of the Vega Pro and now there is the Omega V Pro or Tour option.

Imo, you have used some great rubbers already, and if all those isn't working for you totally, I really don't know what would, so I can not make a honest suggestion, best is for you to reserch further.

Yh I know... my Forehand is very picky, every rubber mentioned above is good but is just not it

I think I liked the Bluefire M2 the most but the problem with that one is that the spin decreases very quick so thats.

The Rakza 7 is the one I liked te most after that one but the throw angle is very different from Tenergy 05 when you step away from the table and I miss the yable of it goes into the net which is very frustrating at times, especially when playing in the gyms of opponents in competition.

The Rakza 7 is great for serving btw, best rubber for serving I used so far.

And for the rest when there is no option I could always go with the oldschool sriver on my backhand and with Tenergy 05 on the forehand but our local store quits selling butterfly products... so then I have to find a new store to get them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yh I know... my Forehand is very picky, every rubber mentioned above is good but is just not it

I think I liked the Bluefire M2 the most but the problem with that one is that the spin decreases very quick so thats.

The Rakza 7 is the one I liked te most after that one but the throw angle is very different from Tenergy 05 when you step away from the table and I miss the yable of it goes into the net which is very frustrating at times, especially when playing in the gyms of opponents in competition.

The Rakza 7 is great for serving btw, best rubber for serving I used so far.

And for the rest when there is no option I could always go with the oldschool sriver on my backhand and with Tenergy 05 on the forehand but our local store quits selling butterfly products... so then I have to find a new store to get them.

If that is the case, maybe give Vega Pro a try for your FH.

I've tested and use both T05, Rakza 7 and Vega Pro, but then again, not sure exactly how picky your FH is :p

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
i have also read great reviews of victas products.forum member's UpsidedownCarl and Mickaelz? Has it and stated its excellence on this forum.

I'm doing some research papers recently regarding evidence-based thinking and this reply comes in mind.
You have not used the products, but through other people's experience, you can recommend it. But you have no real evidance yourself that the product is good (for example).

Imagine if majority of forum users end up with this type of behaviour and the minority provides the actual experience.
Mind you, different people reading the same thing will lead to different oberservations too.
The metholodgy behind knowledge gain is in serious doubt then.

Any ways, side track from the thread itself, but indeed interesting if 20+ people comments without evidance based experience....

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajah*
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Right now Nexy has a total of TWO inverted rubbers on the market. They are not trying to be big time known for rubbers right now.

Blades, clothing, bags, and accessories are what Nexy does well, rubbers will get more selection in the future, but not this month.

Xiom Omega IV in whatever firmness he likes is not a losing idea. Neither is the Evo series in whatever hardness he likes, but it is also a bit expensive. My all time bargain performing rubber has been Aurus. he will like the control and top end on full swings on the TBS. I used to operate TBS with Aurus and confirm that is a good combo and MUCH less expensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The only reason I said victas was because a well known forum member has recomended it in another thread.Otherwise i wouldnt

So which of the two Nexy inverted rubber would you recommend to OP based on his extereme wierd circumstance?

Mind you that most of these ESN rubbers or top of the range Tensor like rubbers are copy cats to each other

This user has no status.
If that is the case, maybe give Vega Pro a try for your FH.

I've tested and use both T05, Rakza 7 and Vega Pro, but then again, not sure exactly how picky your FH is :p

Yeah, I think I will try it anyway since its cheap. but I heard its more of a hitting rubber and I prefer more of looping rubbers

Thanks for the suggestions