World Cup 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Excuses? Get outta here.

After getting creamed by Hirano at Singapore Smash 2024, Hayata said she wasn't fresh but WTT penalty forced her to play and Ishida revealed she had a fever on his Instagram.

To this day, I've yet to come across an interview in which Hirano nagged about this and that like you and Tony have done in this thread. Same with Miwa's brother who even covered up his injury by lying at ATTC 2023.
Thought matches against other Japanese players didn't count? You really ought to keep your story straight.

Also, expecting your thoughts on the Hirano loss. Change course based on new accuracy or preserve your fragile ego? Looks like you're grasping at straws right now with the whole injury thing. Absolutely zero talk about it yesterday or indication of it during the match today. Maybe wait for some confirmation before pushing that angle.

And who's nagging? You're the guy with the elephant memory who can't seem to let go of old arguments. I just want to chat happily about the action going on in an event but you keep coming in with digs and I gotta respond to your antisocial obsessiveness. This is like, what, the 5th or 6th thread where you've necro'd that old argument after I've already forgotten that you exist?

I had thought you'd have reversed course on your 'player X will never win because they've disappointmed me and I'm done with them' argument when Hayata herself broke a double digit loss streak to CM just a month or two later. Apparently you're slow on the uptake so I'll keep engaging if you keep proddding. Funny thing is I actually agree with you on Hirano mostly. But if you're going to go so hard on some these players for their bad short term results, then you should accept the same criticism when your favorite also goes down and your personal narratives are weakened. Don't be surprised when people are overly critical of you if you're constantly overly critical of everybody else.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
zeio zeio zeio

so much time on your hand, to go and hyperlink history on all your posts.
really amaze with the time you have - high respect in your efforts too, as posts does take a lot of precious time
10 years ago, I thought you a kid with too much time, obviously you an adult now, so your consistency has not change over the years - very impressive I must say.

you should write a book on time management, as I am struggling with time to even post on TTD :p

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Nobody gonna hype Hayata now?
Where are the usual customers 😂😂🤣

• Angry
Reactions: zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Nobody gonna hype Hayata now?
Where are the usual customers 😂😂🤣
Oh, don't get me started.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/wtt-singapore-smash-2024-3-7-3-17.33147/post-446991
Your reasoning (and that of pongfugrasshopper) makes absolutely no sense now that Hirano has finished 2nd in the selection race, who had been in 3rd place since 12/2022 and then 2nd place since 5/2023. Other than yours truly and a select few, how many people thought Hirano should've dropped out back at the start of this cycle?

Where were these arguments against Hayata when she lost a series of matches against non-CNT players and was trailing in win rate and still had trouble breaking through CNT players around this time last year? Where were these arguments for Hirano when her win rate against CNT players shot up at the time she started losing more against non-CNT players?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Fzd is prepare for Olympic.
I think with so much tournaments/schedule between now an Olympics - which is in 99 days,
I would rest players and get them to prepare (and heal).

It is crazy so many tournaments until Paris 2024
This OG, we might see players fatigue more than any other OG

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Oh, most people can tell the difference between speculation and reality, I will trust their judgement and accept your right and mine to draw whatever conclusions we want. But my position has always been that Hayata, Hirano. Harimoto, Ito and Ishikawa are all players working hard and doing their best and fans should not allow their desire to tell great stories distort the fact that China has been extremely hard to beat because of talent and overinvestment and that losing to China is something that should not be held against the players using imaginary evidence.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Hype her how so? She played well and lost as expected. I am surprised that FZD lost, things have really changed on CNT.
The beef is against other associations, LGY or LSD or any other Chinese do not give a toss about Fan's ranking points when it comes to civil matchups. Also he's lost like 3 of his last 4 matches against LGY.
Besides, we've always talked about his rally game facing the law of diminishing returns, and his short forehand game regressing, and his very vulnerable middle/elbow/pocket. But you felt like he'll always bring it on during the biggest events. Well his teammates are proving otherwise. I'll say he was Lucky that the match against WCQ was not in the second half of the year, he'll have lost the WTTC final. Something woke up in WCQ in the second half.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The beef is against other associations, LGY or LSD or any other Chinese do not give a toss about Fan's ranking points when it comes to civil matchups. Also he's lost like 3 of his last 4 matches against LGY.
Besides, we've always talked about his rally game facing the law of diminishing returns, and his short forehand game regressing, and his very vulnerable middle/elbow/pocket. But you felt like he'll always bring it on during the biggest events. Well his teammates are proving otherwise. I'll say he was Lucky that the match against WCQ was not in the second half of the year, he'll have lost the WTTC final. Something woke up in WCQ in the second half.
I thought that since he is playing Olympic singles that they would conspire to boost his ranking. But it is clear that they really believe he has a path to redeeming himself or a plan B. Or maybe they may get separation of nationality back into the Olympic draw.

So no, I didn't feel he would always bring it on for the Olympic events. I thought that in this case, it was to China's benefit to have him win as I saw absolutely no reason why he should have won yesterday over LSD