Help with blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Hi from Spain. I'm a 17 years old intermediate player. Since I started playing TT I used Primorac Carbon with Tenergy 05 on both sides bc my trainer said that was the best for me. Now, some years later I started to notice my blade is incredibly fast and uncontrollable. I need a more control blade but still as fast as Primorac or something near. Do u know any blades with more control and same speed? If it's from butterfly It Will be easier for me to buy, but It isnt necessary, any brand accepted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Hi from Spain. I'm a 17 years old intermediate player. Since I started playing TT I used Primorac Carbon with Tenergy 05 on both sides bc my trainer said that was the best for me. Now, some years later I started to notice my blade is incredibly fast and uncontrollable. I need a more control blade but still as fast as Primorac or something near. Do u know any blades with more control and same speed? If it's from butterfly It Will be easier for me to buy, but It isnt necessary, any brand accepted.
How do you expect something to be fast and controlled at the same time?

Fast means high rebound, less time on the racket, which means harder to control (as some members will point that the blade itself doesn't have control).

There are other factors that make a blade easier to control, such as directness and predictability. But generally, a 'fast racket' to many people means that they have to put in less effort to get a fast ball. This makes it inherently harder to control and requires you to have more stable and fine-tuned technique to use it.

Impossible, control and speed are the inverse of each other…
more speed = less control and vice versa.
It’s an unbreakable law of nature.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Aizen and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Read 1 reviews
Just go inner carbon or below like 7 ply - 5ply limba.

I’ve also started with primorac carbon when I was kid (my trainer gave me, it was second hand, heavily used, so cheaper)
Years later, I’ve switched to TB ALC, it’s better but still fast, no "significant" control increase.
I’ve tried many kind of blade, if you have any concern about control, don’t go above than inner carbons.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
If cost is not an issue, try the Mizutani Jun Super ZLC or the Amultart ZLC or even the ZJK/LYJ/FZD SZLC - those are the fastest looping non-Tamca 5000 blades that Butterfly has and all have some more control than the Primorac Carbon.

If you definitely need more control, then try the Viscaria SALC or the Harimoto SZLC. Those are not as fast and have a lot more vibration and short game touch relative to their speed.