Search results

  1. Simon Gauzy was right or wrong in that point?

    I have a hard time to understand why, in this type of situation, they don't simply replay the point. If the umpire is not sure and the players are confused as well.. replay the point like we do in our amateur leagues.
  2. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    According to the French national federation (FFTT). The international ranking counts. Only exception would be a recent exceptional result (that is in the year June 2023 to June 2024) for example beating WCQ
  3. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    Gauzy is ahead of Alexis if you only count the points that will be valid in June and just increased his lead. So I’m not so sure.
  4. The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

    My notes after 2 weeks Pro's It helps me with placement and specifically short placements and playing down the line are much easier on fast balls. My backhand drive is more stable (is what I needed to rebuild my lost confidence) the ball jumps up less when I make poor contact on pushes. Cons...
  5. The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

    Haha sounds like you have a similar problem as me, with the difference that I don’t suffer at serve receiving. But because my forehand increased in quality and speed way faster than my backhand I could not control the returning ball. So I slowed down my backhand. You should realise that...
  6. What inexpensive (under 80 euro) blade should I use?

    My coach made me start with a tibhar chila offensive and Yasaka mark V gps 1.5 on both sides.
  7. I WANT TO CHANGE MY CURRRENT YASAKA MA LIN CARBON BLADE (SHAKEHAND GRIP)

    Just take the same blade and if you can weigh it, so you can match the weight. Also the suggestion of @Lowday20298 is very coherent, if Rakza 7 is too slow you can go with 9 which is fast but low arc or Rakza X which is like 7 but faster and requires a more proper technique.
  8. Table Tennis Dilemma: Strengthening Backhand or Changing Playstyle? [I chose strengthening]

    hey everyone, so I decided to be wise and listen and on the same time tackle my issue of dropping matches because my opponents actually succeeded in exploiting my weaknesses too easily. So I decided to slow down my backhand rubber But stay inverted. This now gives me an extra option to get out...
  9. Are French people paying attention to the French team at WTTTC 2024?

    I don't know, It is not worse than a tennis man breaking his racket.
  10. Are French people paying attention to the French team at WTTTC 2024?

    Table tennis is quite big here, I live in a rural area and there are at least 20 clubs in a 1,5 hour radius of which 6 play national and 2 professional. But yeah, I think its popularity for the media is “hurt” by the Chinese supremacy there is almost no surprise in our sport. On TV In France...
  11. Are French people paying attention to the French team at WTTTC 2024?

    Almost all news related to table tennis is about the Lubrun Brothers and their way to the Paris olympics. Outside of the TT community, public interest is very limited, I feel. One short article on the national public news about this tournament on how they lost to china in the finals. On the...
  12. What if Louis Vuitton sponsors the French TT team

    Yes you do see a slight increase, however you need to realise that Félix one year ago was still a boy the little brother of Alexis. And penhold is not something our lambda coaches know of. I think if Felix can keep up over years to come there will be a big change. Also if he shines on the...
  13. What if Louis Vuitton sponsors the French TT team

    So there is this brand Banco. Quite popular here (I live in France) and virtually no information about it online.
  14. Table Tennis Dilemma: Strengthening Backhand or Changing Playstyle? [I chose strengthening]

    Yes so I won’t change my game mid-season anyway, and I plan on having 2 or 3 sessions with a coach to get me back on track. However for the sake of discussion and also at some point I will try alternative rubbers just for the fun of it and maybe to help the young players develop against them...
  15. Table Tennis Dilemma: Strengthening Backhand or Changing Playstyle? [I chose strengthening]

    Thank for your input, you seem to all agree that it is more or less a normal developpement problem. Whelp I'll do the grind then.
  16. Table Tennis Dilemma: Strengthening Backhand or Changing Playstyle? [I chose strengthening]

    Updated because I moved up two league levels and the analysis compared to my peers has changed. Hey everyone, I come to you looking for advice or general reflection. I have a technical issue with my backhand which causes me to drop a lot of points. Background: I reintroduced in table tennis...
Top