Search results

  1. Do you guys pay the coach for multiball drills in the club?

    Everybody feeds everybody. But you chose your training partner and naturally it’s sorted by level.
  2. Do you guys pay the coach for multiball drills in the club?

    In France we do multiball as part of our group training but it’s not the trainers that feed
  3. Backhand and Shoulder Pain

    Work with a coach to find the correct form. Definitely do not continue if it hurts unless you have to. You can exercise with elastic bands but again, form needs to be right.
  4. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    Montpellier was full from day one. All 4500 seats.
  5. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    Might be true if not for China
  6. Which Fundamentals to prioritize?

    Most of these would be testable with an advanced robot. Serving with placement and height restrictions. For exemple you do 50 balls and for every missed ball you substract 1 point from a total. As for your priorities, I would recommend you to film a few matches, preferably rated close...
  7. Looking for weekend single tournaments in Western Europe for TTR ~1700

    I have no idea what ttr 1700 would translate into in French ratings. But the summer tournaments I went to, in a rural area, there were players from lowest local leagues up to 5th national level. So semipro. I imagine the niveau would be better in urban areas.
  8. Looking for weekend single tournaments in Western Europe for TTR ~1700

    In France we have open tournaments basically everywhere all summer. For official tournaments you would need a license from the federation.
  9. Switching from YSE to Ma Lin Carbon

    Their balance is very similar. So the step shouldn’t be too hard to handle. With the carbon however you need to work harder, passive play is definitely easier with the Sweden extra.
  10. Why the end of China dominance would benefit to Global Table Tennis

    It’s also about quantity, since wtt I understood that the number of “big” tournaments has increased. This would lead to 2 things. 1. Being dominant in more events requires more players that are dominant. 2. A percentage of a larger number of tournaments is a larger number. So in absolute we...
  11. If you are the CNT boss, what would you do?

    I would try to figure out why the “old” training methods work less well on the younger generation. And maybe get a mental support team for Wang. On the other hand, a quick glance at the world rankings both men’s and women’s are completely dominated by China. They deliver all 5 Olympic...
  12. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    I think this is going to move the ittf to change the service rules. One might hope that a change would simplify detection of faulty services.
  13. Worst names of table tennis rubbers?

    I feel the list of well named rubbers would be shorter 😅
  14. ETTU European Championships 2024

    He should be happy, now he can focus on the WTT champions in Montpellier
  15. Huge Delima, I play with both hands and not improving

    How do you serve from your palm with two rackets? Or more generally, just how do you serve legally?
  16. Huge Delima, I play with both hands and not improving

    Good advice Tony. If you have access to a coach this person would be best suited to judge. If not, you might indeed consider developing your style based on being ambidextrous.
  17. Banish long pips

    Then explain to us in detail where’s the fun in losing 80% of the points because your opponent’s serves are so good that you can’t receive them? There’s no game left?
  18. Banish long pips

    I just think your technique doesn’t match the sensitivity of your rubbers. Also I feel it’s harder to play against the no spin balls with light equipment.
  19. Wang Chuqin loses to 14 year old!

    I don’t see how you can ever get to number 1 with easy wins… even with illegal serves they’re just half the points and he is far from the only one who’s serves are off. Wang is clearly going through some emotional trauma and is not supported the right way. It is on the other hand a bit...
  20. Felix Lebrun should play short pips on FH

    Also, Fan and Liang are not the skinniest players on the circuit. And they’re both top 5 of the world
Top