Search results

  1. New Butterfly Hadraw 5

    It's a nice looking design, no question. Personally however, whenever I see heavily dyed wood in the handle, I immediately think "cheap wood". I have no idea what type of wood they are using in their handles -- maybe it's some species of high-quality white wood that takes dye well... but at...
  2. Do any pro players out there use one ply blades?

    I'm curious - who is it who makes all these Hattori Hanso models? I've never heard of them before (clearly they're made by a Tarantino fan, but that still doesn't narrow it down much. 😂😂)
  3. Loki Rxton III Pink Review

    I did tell them. They replied something along the lines of "they were out of stock of that rubber anyway", and 'they were releasing new colours' (so i assume that means revising the entire line of coloured R3 rubbers, and if I want to order some OEM versions, they can use stronger glue. Make of...
  4. Loki Rxton III Pink Review

    Better be quick -- I asked Loki about the QC issues and they said they don't currently have any stock of it. The English translation wasn't great but I get the feeling they're revising it and/or releasing new colours.
  5. Loki Rxton III Pink Review

    Anyone out there still getting separation of the top sheet and sponge on their Rxton 3 Pink? My latest sheet gave up the ghost after about eight hours of play (unboosted). Dunno if it's just old stock from a dodgy batch, or if the QA problems @ Loki are continuing. Any one else still having...
  6. Haven't tested this one yet...

    Oh that colouring is definitely natural 🙂 There's quite a few woods out there like Limba that can have large or sudden variations of colour to them. (Though that is a particularly rare and stunning piece of black limba I grant you 😂) In the case of Limba (as I understand it), the darker...
  7. Haven't tested this one yet...

    Damn that is a sexy outer ply. So hard to get Limba here in Australia -- that sandwich recipe should work well for you too. Well done, great job! 👍
  8. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    Good in you for making your own blades! The world needs more Bladesmiths in my view, so welcome. If it helps, the only way I've found to get around the whole brand fixation of kids, is to encourage them to experiment a little and try out different stuff from time to time as sometimes it can...
  9. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    I know right!? Cutting down a 600 year old tree to make a blade is like cutting up your grandmother to make soup. 🤮 Sustainable sources only please or just don't bother.
  10. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    Thank you very much! 🙂 But please don't judge us by that site, or those pics That whole site is close to two years out of date, and our lineup has changed hugely in that time. A new site with an all-new list of pre-made blades is coming reasonably soon. As for the Stingray, yeah -- that is a...
  11. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    Your point about affordability is a good one. Sponsoring clubs, schools and juniors - even just a handful of them - isn't cheap, and if you're going to make any difference at all, your support needs to be continual and ongoing. Which means that your prices have to have a component built into...
  12. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    All fair points, and you are quite right - many people simply don't care that much. As to your questions: 1: I don't make rubbers currently, but I have investigated it. Haifu are willing to manufacture OEM rubbers for us, and conduct the whole ITTF approval process as well. My life partner and...
  13. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    Pardon the intrusion, but I found this discussion fascinating and I thought I'd make an observation which might help. Being Australian, and living in Australia means I know very little about the UK's next generation of TT talent, so on that front I can't comment sorry. However - from the way...
  14. What blade to choose for my kids and me help :)

    What... really? What gave it away? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  15. What blade to choose for my kids and me help :)

    Deciding the right equipment for kids is a common query. In my experience everyone (players, coaches, clubs, influencers etc) has their own opinions when it comes to beginner's equipment, and really there is no 'one perfect' way to do it. All the recommendations you list above have some merit...
  16. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    Palio AK47 Reds could fit the bill nicely, but only if you're teaming them with a blade that has either hinoki (or hinoki-like) outer layer woods, or else (and even better) are using a one-ply blade. Without the hinoki outers, AK47 Reds are a slightly-better-than-average non-tacky rubber from...
  17. Continuation on splintering problem

    In addition to which, sealing a blade can come with it's own problems if not done carefully or properly. All blades have wood in them, which means by extension that all blades 'move' (ie: wood in the blade is constantly exchanging moisture with its surroundings due to changes in humidity --...
  18. Question about Hinoki Blades :-)

    Out of the two rubbers you mention, I've only played very little with the G-1, while the only T05s I've ever used all had max sponge. For that reason I'm hesitant to recommend either sorry (I have heard third hand that T05 in 1.9mm goes great on hinoki one plys, but I cant confirm that...
  19. Question about Hinoki Blades :-)

    **Short Answer** Yes it's a real thing. Thinner sponge can *sometimes* result in far more speed (than you would otherwise normally get), if teamed with a Hinoki blade. All that being said, here come the disclaimers: - it depends an lot on the particular blade and rubber involved, - the...
Top