Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I've tried to set up my pivot FH on the pendulum to the BH, but I think I probably should focus more on getting the 3rd ball with my BH instead of pivoting wide off the table. I was watching this video on Darko Jorgic's service game and got me to think more about how to set myself up for the...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My coach gets me to do a few footwork drills each week, and then I get some of my practice partners to drill that with me. Nothing with the cross step though. I think you're right about the serve to thirdball practice. We've been focusing on mechanics for the past 6 months, and I have someone...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The pivot is more inconsistent. Sometimes I stay with my hips away from the table, sometimes I can get the spacing I need for a 3rd ball attack. The footwork definitely loses me points the more matches I play, so I do more backhand serves. Better players just move me around everywhere on my...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Played a good bit of practice matches this week, and one big component that I'm having trouble with is getting into position after playing my pendulum serve. When I get more fatigued, I definitely stay in one place. Thinking to serve starting more into the middle and develop my backhand serve...
  5. WTT Contender Doha 2024

    WTT introducing innovative ways of streaming. Have to wait for Harimoto to scream to know if he won the point or not. It's Timo time once again
  6. WTT Contender Doha 2024

    Timo in the finals!
  7. Xiom new collection (2024)

    The EJ bug is going to hit me, but for shirts. Xiom and Li-Ning have some of the coolest shirts around.
  8. WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

    I was watching Table 2 yesterday and it was scrambling, but not as bad as today. The next Contender event is in Doha and it's literally less than 2 days away. Hope it can get fixed soon.
  9. WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

    Watching the stream for Ma Long vs Lin Gaoyuan is like watching the scrambled channels on cable back in the day.
  10. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I was actually doing the towel whips for the pendulum last night when you posted to get some understanding on how to position my elbow and it makes more sense to me physically now doing some bed serves. I'll keep practicing with that video you posted for backspin.
  11. Video Footage Safe Thread

    A bit late, but here's the video of my practicing some serves. Tried to do mostly backspin, but I always manage to put some sidespin on it:
  12. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Thank you for the advice @Lula, @Der_Echte, @NextLevel. I want to take some time today to go more in depth with what you've written and see how it goes at practice today.
  13. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Just getting to this now, so thank you @Der_Echte for the pointers. A few questions: 1. What would be the optimal starting position for where my arm would be? Just closer to my abdomen like you had mentioned in the last tip (and NL as well)? 2. I definitely struggle against a slower playstyle...
  14. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Hey all, I have a couple of practice matches for review. Have been getting coached for about 4.5 months now, once a week. Been dealing with on and off stiffness in my legs (apparently for a long time), but I think I'm making some progress from when I last posted here. I struggle with positioning...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Did some movement drills and practice matches tonight. Absolutely exhausted. Finally got a few matches recorded, so I'll go through those, edit, and hopefully post this weekend if I can get to it.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Focusing a lot on footwork drills the past month. Having trouble with dealing with half-long balls to my forehand and this video has come out at the perfect time.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I think I've found a big component that has been hindering my playing without my noticing. I took a month off from lifting, loss some mass, and found that my footwork, energy levels, and sleep quality dramatically increased. Probably burned myself out physically from lifting + practice. Started...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Watched some U2000 and U2400 bracket matches from the US Open this weekend on stream. Interesting to see how different players at different ranks play.
  19. How to handle short and half-long serves to FH?

    I've been having this issue as well and what I was told to try was to get a little more in the forwards direction with my flick if it's in the short to half-long range. I normally have a lot of issues after the flick in terms of getting back into position, so I've been trying to flick towards...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Everything was smooth on the check in. Had a chance to get some play time in during my vacation and got great advice on what I'm doing in a match.
Top