Search results

  1. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    Yes, it's possible. Please reach out to me in my email.
  2. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    This blade intrigues me. Several reports indicate that it feels more flexible/softer, but the frequency it's still pretty high. I don't think that the weight in the handle is just for balance reasons, I believe that it interferes in the feeling somehow, but without seeing it up close there's no...
  3. Anders Lind’s new blade: “Donic Anders Lind Hexa Carbon” question, please review it if you use it

    Ayous. And the Lind blade is nothing like the blades mentioned here, the combined thickness of the outer and medial plies is almost the same as just the outer on Vis for example, on the other hand it has a much thicker core. So, even tough it's technically inner, I believe it will be closer to...
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1047 - Inner S-Al C - OFF Self explanatory. I just thought that this blade should exist in the World. - Limba / Ayous / S-Al C / Kiri core - 89.5g - 5.9mm - 158x152mm - ST (100x23.3-28.6mm) - Balance: 3.4cm (Med)
  5. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    Can any of the Vis golden owners measure the frequency? It would be nice to have several samples.
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1108 - Outer GC - OFF-/OFF Very similar to the blade I've posted before, but with glass-carbon instead of ALC. GC somewhat like ALC, but it's generally more muted and without the "broken" sound (which some people dislike). The Koto outer on this one is also a lot softer, so this blade feels...
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1107 - Outer ALC - OFF-/OFF Another softy Vis style structure like the one I've posted a few days ago, but this time with a chunky straight squared handle. - Koto / ALC / Ayous / Kiri core - 87.5g - 5.85mm - 157x150mm - STSQ (100x22.9x29.3mm) - Balance: 2.9cm (Low)
  8. All about blade sealing

    It's really hard to see anything in the pictures, the light is shining directly on the face of the blade. Anyway, probably old sealer, and did you shake it before using it? If it's still slightly stick use the hair drier on a low temperature setting to fully dry it, then I think you have no...
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1106 - Inner AC - All+/Off- This blade has your typical inner fiber structure, although in this case I used a slightly thicker core and thinner outer plies. However, the real difference in this blade is the lamination process of the AC, I've tried to maximize the flexibility of the blade by...
  10. All about blade sealing

    I'm not sure what the situation is, so I cannot give any advice without seeing it. "Sticky" sounds to me it was oil based sealer and it didn't dry properly.
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1105 - Outer Aramid - OFF- When I look at this blade, the work that comes to mind is "neutral". It's not very fast, nor very slow, it's not too hard, nor too soft, it's not too stiff or too flexible, it has some vibrations, but not too much. Even the handle design, it's not too complex, but...
  12. All about blade sealing

    See? Defensive again. I supported my own claims either with logical, proven and widely available knowledge (just a little google search away), or my own experience as a blade builder. Until you prove what your saying, as arrogant as it may sound, my claims have more validity than your's. I...
  13. All about blade sealing

    You said it was easy, if it involves costs then it's not easy. I already presented a few tests that you can make that don't involve costs. I've made logical arguments, at this point you already taken a defensive stance because I refuted everything you said. If you want to sound like a big boy...
  14. Nittaku manufacturing process video

    The composition is Limba / Ayous / AC / Ayous. It's a 5+2 blade, you have 1 glue interface per side. You are putting too much emphasis on the glue, it's not the glue.
  15. All about blade sealing

    If you do sweat that much, any kind of sealing will be detrimental in my opinion. To some degree, you will limit the amount of sweat that goes into the handles, and if it has nowhere to go, the handle will become slippery. What you can try is to dry the blade between training sessions and that...
  16. All about blade sealing

    I'm sharing my knowledge as blade builder, I don't know your background or credentials. You don't have to agree with what I say, totally up to you, but if you discredit my work it would be nice to present something other than claims, which I already refuted. I'm not gonna pay for claims that you...
  17. All about blade sealing

    Then collect it and show it please. I stand by my words because it was something I have tested. If you properly dry the blade face after gluing or sealing, no water seeps into the blade. Any chances in moisture content are through the end grain. Water seeps into handles because there is a much...
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    Sorry? 😅
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1103 - 3 ply - ALL This blade is based on the Yasaka Masamune that Satoshi Aida uses, but with a few changes. The core is a bit thicker, and the outer plies are thinner, so it has more of an offensive character, while still not being a very fast blade of course. The dense Cypress core gives...
  20. All about blade sealing

    I did and I don't like it. It adds weight, and it takes forever to dry too. I also don't like the yellow sheen it gives to the blades. It works better on handles, and in this case it's a nice way of protecting the handle without getting a sealed feeling.
Top