Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    A little bit of a paradox this one, and the proof that frequency doesn't necessarily relate to speed! This is just how the "Super" Diolen-Carbon works, you get all the stiffness from the vertically weaved carbon, but Diolen is just a tough plastic: it gives vibration dampening, it increases the...
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    This blade serves as a direct comparison to the previous one, as it was made in the exact same way, I just changed AC for IzC (apart from the obvious different handle). IzC is a little stiffer and faster than AC , while being marginally harder. The main difference is that it has much more...
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    It's true that, used in the same conditions, AC gives a harder feeling than ALC. However, I've found that by using a more flexible resin, AC can give pretty much the same feeling, the characteristic crisp, but relatively soft feedback of ALC. It has a bit less of that cracking sound (which some...
  4. Table Tennis Badgers!

    You could call Kreanga to play with the Badgers, and he wouldn't have the best BH on the team 🤣
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    A little jump in time to break the rhythm of offensive blades. I've experimented a lot with combi blades lately, trying to get the biggest difference possible between sides. This is easier said than done, a blade functions as a whole, you cannot separate the stiffness response because the blade...
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thank you!
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    Pretty much the same structure as #1010 but with Izanas-Carbon instead of S-AxC, and a standard head-size. While they have a similar stiffness, Iz-C has more horizontal carbon content than S-AxC (which has none). Essentially, #1010 will give a bigger holding sensation on harder shots, while...
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one is similar to #1010 but this time I thickened the core, used a lower density composite and a standard head size. It's an inner fiber blade but we are pretty much in outer fiber department in terms of stiffness and speed, although it will be slightly softer. Vis style shaped handle, but...
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    Similar in structure to #1007, it has a slightly thinner core made from Kiri, instead of Ayous, but a denser version of AxC composite fiber. Here you can see the importance of the core material, while the weights of these two blades are similar, the difference in balance is massive. On the other...
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    The issue with the new trend of inner fiber blades with a thick core and and thinner outer plies, is that this puts the composite layer closer to the surface. You get an increase in stiffness, but also the hardness of the blade. Since we are still using an Ayous core, which is harder than the...
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    To be honest I had the plies for this blade glued for a while, but when I moved the workshop it got forgotten inside a cabinet and I only finished it now. I think that the main characteristic of this blade is that it's very light, so it won't be as powerful from mid distance as other heavier...
  12. Miwa Harimoto ALC?

    I just might make this happen 😂
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Today's blade comes with a sentimental rant, so please bear with me. When I stated this 4 years ago I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I just wanted to work with something that I loved and manage my own working hours. However, slowly but steadily, the business gained proportions I...
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks. It's thin on both sides, 0.45mm to be precise.
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Inner fiber blades with a low balance are very uncommon in the market. Usually they use Ayous as the core, and Ayous, while still being relatively light, is still heavier than Kiri (most of the times). The core normally corresponds to the biggest percentage of the composition, so the weight of...
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Another blade that was not supposed to be here, it was meant for another customer but I wasn't able to comply with all of his specifications. It was a real challenge, inner AC with Ayous core, under 89g and a low balance, while still being relatively fast and soft. Unfortunately I failed the...
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    Simple and straight to the point. Almost looks like I made this one for myself, but decided to sell it instead because I can't play 😅. Typical HL5 structure, but with Tola instead of Limba for the top ply. Tola is very similar to Limba, but slightly lighter, here I was going to need those extra...
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    Is it outer or inner? It's both! Ok, it's not the first time this has been done, there are blades out there with 4 composite layers, but I really wanted to try it with a soft fiber to see if I could get more kick from it. Turns out I didn't 😅. Spectra is so light, that even with 4 layers I was...
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    If I did that, then I wouldn't be decreasing the longitudinal stiffness of the blade as much as possible, which is what I wanted to do in the first place. But then you say: ok, then why not to use an horizontal top ply too, there's a composite blade in there, the blade will not warp, you can do...
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    Hide it's generally more flexible than PVA, at least in a first stage. They are both water based so they still lift the wood fibers and hold to them, but hide it's water soluble while PVA is not. The thing is PVA remains stable after it dries, but Hide will continue to harden and shrink...
Top