Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    A 5 ply blade built like a 7 ply. The layers with constant thickness ensure a more stable feeling and a more linear response from the blade, than a typical 5 ply construction with a thick core. The thick Spruce outer layers provide some stiffness, but also a Hinoki like softness that many people...
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    Typical inner fiber construction using Izanas-Carbon fiber. A little more oomph, stability and crisper feeling than ALC, very close performance to ZLC. Available FS. - Limba / Ayous / Izanas-Carbon / Ayous / Izanas-Carbon / Ayous / Limba - 88.2g - 6.0mm - 157x150mm - FL (102x25-23mm) - 1335Hz...
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Springy, fast, stiff and slightly hard feeling with a big sweetspot. Available FS. - Spruce / Carbon / Spruce / Kiri / Spruce / Carbon / Spruce - 85.0g - 6.1mm - 157x150mm - FL (102x24.5-22mm) - 1550Hz - Balance: 2.9cm (Low/Med)
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    I'm not sure that at this point I can still call this a W968. It's the same structure, but the lamination process of the fiber makes it as soft as possible. To compensate for that and give it a little more power, I also made it slightly thicker. It has a regular head size and a chunky FL handle...
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    Do you like Spin? Then this blade is not for you... This is the stiffest and fastest 5 ply blade I've ever made! Available FS. - Limba / Limba / Balsa / Limba / Limba - 81.8g - 12.1mm - 150x148mm - AN (102x24mm) - 2605Hz - Balance: 4.0cm (High)
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    I could. Please send me an email: [email protected]
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    I have a few woods that do that, thanks for the tip, but none of them come closer to zylon when it comes to blunting blades 😅.
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks for the compliment and thank you for the suggestion, I will be sure to give it a try whenever I get a chance!
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    This is an attempt to make an all-wood version of a TB ALC, so it has the same basic construction, except for a thin layer of Maple wood instead of ALC, using only epoxy glue. The feeling is crisp and slightly hard, with a medium low trajectory, most suited for close to the table play...
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    Only in extreme cases. If you have something like a burl wood veneer, they are essentially knots, which are much harder than the surrounding wood. In this case it's just a visual pattern, the density is pretty consistent. The same with black Limba, except for some cases where the dark areas are...
  11. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    I think that Creek already summed it up pretty well. The core can't be a heavy wood, anything higher than ~400 kg/m3 starts to be too much, unless you want a really heavy blade. I would say that 6 woods types is already a nice variety for cores, within those types I also have some flexibility in...
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    I think you are getting this the other way around. The low balance means that it's more handle heavy, not head heavy.
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Sorry JM, totally missed this. It is not usual with Okume at all, I had never seen it before too, but I have a small stock of these veneers. It is more usual with other wood types like Maple.
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    An Asymmetry blade with a W968 forehand side and a crispy Koto/SALC backhand. Available FS. - Limba / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / Ayous / SALC / Koto - 91.3g - 5.9mm - 157x150mm - FL (101x25-23mm) - 1380Hz - Balance: 2.8cm (Low)
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    A relatively thin 7 ply blade, with a thick horizontal core and thinner outer layers, not usual for this type of blade. Not a very fast blade, but good stability and sweetspot for its speed class. Available FS. - Okume / 5x Ayous / Okume - 85.3g - 5.9mm - 157x150mm - FL (101x24mm) - 1076Hz -...
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Presenting a new fiber: Izanas-Carbon. Izanas, just like Spectra, is a UHMWPE (Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene), but here it is combined with carbon to offer more speed and a bigger sweetspot, while keeping a low weight. Playing wise it offers a crisp, but relatively soft touch...
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    Well, I don't like calling them clones, that would imply that I know everything about their building process, which I don't. That would be like going to Ferrari, and ask them to build you a Porsche. What you have is my interpretation of those compositions, and naturally, some will be closer to...
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, it seems interesting, but I have never worked with it.
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    An Off- blade with a woody feeling and a loud sound. Available FS. - Limba / Spectra / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Spectra / Limba - 88.0g - 6.0mm - 157x150mm - ST (101x28x23.5mm) - 1315Hz - Balance: 2.9cm (Low/Med)
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    The idea of the head shape was to mimic a traditional Jpen blade, but in shakehand grip. It also provides a lower balance because it concentrates more mass in the bottom. I'm not comment on the sweetspot because I haven't made an objective comparison between shapes. The blades do have a nice...
Top