Search results

  1. Anders Lind “get a professional racket ASAP”

    The same dane who would beat 99 % of the table tennis players in the world with a mobile phone...
  2. Tenergy 05 2.1 mm or 1.9 mm

    Sponge thickness is beneficial when attacking but bouncier in short game. Between the 2.1 and 1.9 T05, I suspect a large amount of table tennis players would fail a blind test though...
  3. New Blade - time to get familiar with?

    Some use varnish on their handles. Slippery but less affected by body fluids...
  4. Some questions about Edge tape, Gluing, impacts on gameplay

    Lin Yun Ju had very unusual edge taping in the match against Franziska earlier today. Bits and pieces of tape on parts of the edge.
  5. move from TimoBoll ALC to innerfoce blade

    It will be a lot less different than marketing and some posts on forums indicate. The feel will be somewhat different but you are still going to overshoot the exact same balls. But it is fun changing so do it! I dare say soft FX rubbers are harder to master in the short game than more firm/hard...
  6. New Xiom Blades Series: Hugo Calderano and Lee Seungsoo (TMX / ALX)

    Promising shape of the handles. Almost conical.
  7. Some questions about Edge tape, Gluing, impacts on gameplay

    Pros are not immune to superstition. Top athletes are often doing weird rituals. I think I've seen Timo Boll in a video saying that he does not like the way it feels though. Some pros use edge tape for commercial reasons. It is another place to put a logotype. During the olympics, Fan...
  8. Nittaku Hurricane 8-80

    The 37 and 38 DHS 8-80 sponges feel more different than the numbers might suggest. The 37 sponge combined with the tacky topsheet makes the rubber somewhat unpredictable. At least on FH.
  9. Short review of Glayzer 09c

    When visiting TT11 from Europe, VAT is included in the price directly.
  10. Short review of Glayzer 09c

    Depends on technique. If you brush more than "hit through" I'm sure the tackier G09c will give more spin. Short game will probably be spinnier for most with a harder, tackier rubber as well. I've used both on backhand and for me the Tenergy had a slight advantage in spin creation when looping...
  11. Clipper like type of blade?

    The Clipper is perhaps heavier?
  12. Butterfly 2025 New Blades: Outer Force ALC, CAF, ZLC

    So the ALC is not the same as the Freitas then. Thicker and softer. Yet same speed...?
  13. ❓What Is Your Setup, and WHY?

    Not really on topic but I recently want the other way - Viscaria->Freitas and I felt the Freitas (about same weight) is clearly faster. No matter what the specs say, my Freitas is faster than (any of) my Viscaria(s). Nice feeling though. Feels like you just wanna smash every incoming ball. :)
  14. 🚨 What Is Your BIGGEST Problem In Table Tennis At The Moment?

    Well... I guess one of the reasons it is the biggest problem is that I don't practice it in a planned or structured way. I just do regular drills. So maybe leg workouts would be a good thing? Much easier to get time to do if it can be done at home. Good idea!
  15. Dignics 05 vs Nittaku G1?

    Ny experience differ slightly. I think one of the benefits of D05 is the easy short game and service recieve. G1 is a little softer and hence bouncier and that makes sloppy openers easier but the short game and passive play suffers. G1 is slower, away from the table a lot of balls end up in the...
  16. Does anyone else put rubber bands on their handle to adjust weight distribution?

    Looks pretty uncomfortable though. There is clearly a market for blades with longer and/or bigger handles....
  17. Short review of Glayzer 09c

    It is still harder than Tenergy 05 that people have been using on forehand for ages though. The bottoming out problem shoudn't be that big for most players.
  18. Short review of Glayzer 09c

    How about the Glayzer (without 09c) compared to the D05? A slightly softer D05 would b great for us mortals.
  19. How controllable is Dignics 05?

    Great in the short game, very good on openers, counters and slower loops but like all 50+ hardness sponges it gets a bit unpredictable and wild when you follow up or hit really hard.
Top