Search results

  1. Why are rubbers getting harder with ABS balls?

    I find harder rubbers easier in the service, receive and the short game over all. But, since I’m a mere amateur, harder to make loopkills on underspin and such. The latter is the fun part of table tennis but winning is nice too….
  2. What to replace vega europe with?

    I have a raquet with C1 one side and Glayzer the other. Similar thickness. Glayzer is much harder. Also clearly harder than Vega Europe as I recall. Glayzer is a product of current times; hard feel, extreme grip. Much more Dignics than Tenergy. And Vega Europe is more of a Tenergy-type rubber...
  3. Weight limits on rackets?

    To me, this is exactly the wrong path. I'd rather have competitions without long pips.
  4. Weight limits on rackets?

    Why benefit defenders?
  5. New Xiom Blades Series: Hugo Calderano and Lee Seungsoo (TMX / ALX)

    Also interested in this. Is it just a rebranded 36.5?
  6. Fanzhendong ALC vs VISCARIA

    Are there any differences in balance between the two?
  7. FZD switches from alc to salc

    Fan Zhendong is 28 years old. Not that much body deterioration just yet...
  8. Stiga Marketing Policy

    The biggest question is why the discontinued the handles for adult males a few years ago...
  9. Fanzhendong ALC vs VISCARIA

    Perhaps different facrories, manufacturing sites or just different teams? Same specs, different people ordering raw materials and putting them together. Toyota-like manufacturing.
  10. How good is prime WCQ vs prime ZJK, ML?

    On his best days he might be the best ever. But he has lows ZJK, ML and FZD never had. FZD is probably still the best over all player. Really sad he is not competing internstionally. And perhaps not nationally either?
  11. What's the difference between Butterfly and European rubbers?

    Surprised me as well. Only the Glayzer though. Not the G09c. And not very much. Another thing - one reason to by Butterfly rubbers over ESN os that they are usually lighter.
  12. Butterfly vs Mizuno shoes

    Well.... the wave drives are probably better when it comes to stability and cushion. They are more expensive so perhaps better build quality as well. But if you want that close to the ground-as-light-as-possible feeling then the crossmatch are a better option.
  13. Butterfly vs Mizuno shoes

    I really like the Crossmatch! The Wave Drives are described as light and agile, but they feel clumsy compared to the Crossmatch. :)"
  14. Fanzhendong ALC vs VISCARIA

    What are the differences?
  15. best tt shoe?

    A matter of taste and knees I think. I like thinnest sole possible shoes but others seem to want more cushion.
  16. best tt shoe?

    TT shoes have thinner and more flexible sole. Closer to the ground so to speak. Less cushion and support. Grip should be a about the same.
  17. Impact of US Tariffs policies on equipment price

    I would applaud a worldwide 200% tariff on long pips.
  18. Hammond Z2 Special or Omega 8 Euro/Pro for Acoustic Inner?

    I've used the regular version and wouldn't describe the topsheet as soft. I think that it is quite firm (even tough it is not very thick). That is also - I think - why it can be relatively non-reactive to incoming spin even though is also grippy, why the ball bounces off quickly and why the ball...
Top