Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    Just a simple 5 ply with an Olivewood handle. Composition: Limba / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / Limba Weight: 82.8g Thickness: 6.3mm Freq.: 1313Hz Balance: 2.7cm (Low)
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    It isn't, I have some stuff I need to update but I haven't had time yet. But I do have a note explaining I can get more stuff other than what's on the list. Purple Heart is also very heavy, around 905 Kg/m3, so between Wenge and A. Rosewood in terms of density, but same janka as A. Rosewood...
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Commissioned blade. Fast, very fast... Composition: Purple Heart / SZLC / Koto / Balsa / I-C / Limba / A. Rosewood Weight: 92.3g Thickness: 7.5mm Freq.: 1750Hz Balance: 2.8cm (Low)
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    The medial ply is the one that contributes the most to the type of feedback we get in our hand. Relatively speaking, the second option will feel more solid, bigger sweetspot, less vibration and feedback in the hand. The first option will be the opposite, it may in fact feel too mushy depending...
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    I have a similar blade just a few posts above, part of the 5 blades series. That one is Hinoki 0.6 / Hinoki 1.0 / Ayous 3.0. It's not a rocket launcher but it has got some speed, your suggestion would be a bit slower. I also have another one even further back, one with the "dotec" handle, that...
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    The handle was made with Amazon Rosewood, Cherry and endgrain Padauk with a Ebony cap. Don't ask me what the tag says because I can't remember [emoji28]. The owner is out there, maybe he can chime in? It's not a very fast blade as is, it's gonna be even slower if we removed the I-C. It would...
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    A commissioned blade, focused on a spin oriented game. Full credit to the owner for the handle design! Composition: Hinoki / Ayous / I-C / Kiri / I-C / Ayous / Hinoki Weight: 90.3g Thickness: 6.0mm Freq.: 1340Hz Balance: 1.9cm (Very Low)
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    Looking at the photo of this blade you might think the top ply is full of bumps, but don't worry, it's silky smooth! It is also sealed to prevent splintering. Available FS. Composition: Lacewood / Larch / Glassfiber / Kiri / Glassfiber / Larch / Lacewood​ Weight: 88.0g Thickness: 5.70mm...
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    Spalted Maple
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    It is glued. It's very hard to make a hole with that shape in that area, unfortunately it's not something I can do consistently yet. But it is durable, I have it in my own blade and didn't have problems yet. Yes, the head size is 157x150mm.
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    I haven't made a triple kiri core blade in a while, so here it is. Available FS. Composition: Koto / Limba / Kiri / Kiri / Kiri / Limba / Koto Weight: 87.1g Thickness: 6.5mm Freq.: 1420Hz Balance: 2.7cm (Low)
  12. My paddle & help

    Not glue, resin. And there are literally tons of different resins that can be used, that's why I find it funny when people just talk about the fiber like it's the only thing that matters. There are hundreds of variables in that layer alone, and I'm guessing every brand has their own recipe. But...
  13. My paddle & help

    If I were to fix it I would first check if the top ply was secure in the middle, but I would probably remove it completely and apply a new one.
  14. My paddle & help

    The blade is genuine, that's how Butterfly's ALC looks like, the woven pattern is unique and no one else uses it. The "softness" that is associated with these blades has an explanation, basically they use the minimum amount of resin possible. That is why you can see spaces between the...
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Normally I try to avoid knots and other defects, if this is not possible I will just discard the veneer. But these are expensive and exotic woods, it's almost criminal to do it, so in this case I just tried to move the knot away from the hitting area. Still, this is just visual more than...
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    I do! But I don't want to make Mr. Gionis too jealous [emoji16] Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    This is the closest I've been to making a "production line", a series of 5 blades for the same customer, with the same handle and head size, but different compositions. We had some ground rules here, 5 ply structure and Ayous core for all, keeping the weight close to 90g with a low/med balance...
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    As I often say, frequency is related to stiffness, not speed (at least directly). If you look at that number you can see it's not very high, so yes, it still has some flex.
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    The goal for this one was to make a 7 ply blade with a soft touch, good for spin play. The use of the hard Wenge wood next to the core ,gives it a higher 2nd gear on high impact shots. Available FS. Composition: Ayous / Spruce / Wenge / WRC / Wenge / Spruce / Ayous Weight: 89.5g Thickness...
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    I've said it before and I will say it again: Damn Padauk, why you so pretty? Composition: Reconstituted Ebony / T-C / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / T-C / Reconstituted Ebony Weight: 91.1g Thickness: 5.9mm Freq.: 1335Hz
Top