Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    Just put this one on the shop. It was my first attempt at manual engraving, not the most artistic rendition, however the composition is very attractive! Composition: Spruce / Spruce /Textreme-Carbon / Kiri / Textreme-Carbon / Spruce / Spruce Weight: 88.4g Thickness: 6.05mm Freq.: 1350 Hz...
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    You took a risk on the Hinoki blade, as it was something suggested by me, so it makes me extra happy that you like it. A while back I built a replica of a Taico 100, an unknown blade for me. The composition was Hinoki/Mahogany/Kiri, with 7.0mm, somewhere in the Off range, but what surprised me...
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    In this case we were more concern with the feeling. The owner was playing with a 7 ply Hinoki blade, he wanted something equally softer but more linear, so we replaced the 3 middle layers with Ayous.
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    A highly customized 7 ply. Composition: Hinoki / Hinoki / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Hinoki / Hinoki Weight: 86.3g Thickness: 6.2mm Freq.: 1250Hz Balance: 3.0cm (Med)
  5. Nexy Etika review

    Rob, I use the "Add files" bottom above the dialog box. It normally gives an error, but if you keep insisting, the image will be correctly uploaded eventually.
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    And very comfy [emoji846] Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    One of my latest challenges, the "Dotec" all wood handle. It took a couple of tries, but eventually I found a way of doing this consistently. Blade 1 - Limba / Limba / Ayous / Limba / Limba 90.9g - 5.90mm - 1205Hz - Balance: 2.9cm (Low) Blade 2 - Hinoki / Padauk / Kiri / Padauk / Hinoki...
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    With this blade, the owner wanted a more tamed version of a TB ALC. The lighter color scheme of the handle also reflects that. Composition: Koto / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ALC / Koto Weight: 87.8g Thickness: 5.75mm Freq.: 1360Hz Balance: 2.7cm (Low)
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    This blade suffers from an identity crisis. One side Amultart, the other ZJK SZLC, with an handle inspired in the Revoldia and the old TB Forte. Full credit to the owner for the design, I'm just glad I could accomplish his idea 🙂 Composition: Hinoki / ZLC / Kiri / Ayous / SZLC / Koto Weight...
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    On the contrary, the owner specifically asked for slightly head heavy blade. So I tried to incorporate looks and function by using the very heavy Ebony wood on top. That still wasn't enough so I had to do some weight relief on the Mahogany part.
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    An inner carbon blade with soft outer plies, with a personalized head and handle shape. The handle is made up from Ebony and Mahogany wood, with a design resembling a traditional Japanese Knife, invoking the owner's roots. Composition: Ayous / Spruce / Carbon / Ayous / Carbon / Spruce / Ayous...
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    A 3+2 blade that deviates a bit from the norm. Spruce outer instead of the usual Hinoki in combination with Innegra-Carbon. Handle made from Bocote wood. Available FS. Composition: Spruce / I-C / Kiri / I-C / Spruce Weight: 88.4g Thickness: 6.65mm Freq.: 1590 Hz Balance: 2.5cm (Low)
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    A wolf in sheep's clothing. Composition: Black Walnut / Ayous / SZLC / Ayous / SZLC / Ayous / Black Walnut Weight: 89.8g Thickness: 5.6mm Freq.: 1315Hz Balance: 2.8cm (Low)
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    A hard top ply over a soft medial. Springy and fast, with the added help of the Soft-Carbon layer, which is subtle, but gives some extra stability to the blade. Handle made with Burl Poplar and Bubinga. Available FS. Composition: Purple Heart / Spruce / Soft-Carbon / Kiri / Soft-Carbon /...
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, Hinoki is soft so it pairs well with a hard medial ply or composite. It's not for everybody though, very distinct feel.
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    One of the fastest blades I made so far. Composition: Hinoki / S A-C / Kiri / S A-C / Hinoki Weight: 88.7g Thickness: 7.5mm Freq.: 1916Hz Balance: 3.3cm (Med)
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    A pair of "fake twins" with a composition based on a thicker TB Spark, which is basically the same as saying that they are similar to a thinner Moobeam 🙂 Composition: Limba / Kevlar / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / Kevlar / Limba Weight: 91.7 and 92.0g Thickness: 6.05mm Freq.: 1420Hz Balance: 2.6cm (Low)
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    Experiment time! I wanted to make something with a Mahogany core for a while, so I came up with this composition. I designed it to be a flexy blade, good for looping from mid distance, so the relatively low frequency reading tells me I'm in the right ballpark. The balance is shifted towards the...
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    Italy! Composition: Koto / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ALC / Koto Weight: 89.4g Thickness: 5.8mm Freq.: 1400Hz Balance: 3.0cm (Med)
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    It's been a long time since I've used basalt fiber. This was also the first time I've used Cedar of Lebanon, a nice alternative to Spruce, and with a smell as sweet as Hinoki. Available FS. Composition: Cedar of Lebanon / Basalt / Pine / Kiri / Pine / Basalt / Cedar of Lebanon Weight: 90.0g...
Top