Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one was a nice challenge as well. A double pips, close to the table player, was looking to maximize control and sweetspot while retaining a woody but solid feeling. After a few back and forth emails we arrived at this composition, a thin 7 ply blade with large head size, high weight but...
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    Based on a Defplay Classic, this blade was commissioned as a gift for a friend! Composition: Anigre / Limba / Glassfiber / Balsa / Glassfiber / Limba / Anigre Weight:75.9g Thickness: 5.9mm Freq.:1160Hz Balance: 2.7cm (Low)
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    - Do you want fibers in your blade? - Yes. - Which one? - All of them! This was one of the craziest requests I had so far, very challenging but also a fun one to make. Probably the fastest blade I've made to date! And for those of you wondering, yes, it is totally legal for competition, the...
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    A pair of inner fiber blades, basically the same composition for both, just a different fiber used in each one. The head-size is a little bigger (158x152mm) and the handle and wings were made to be close to a Viscaria. Brown handle - Orange Fenix Composition: Koto / Ayous / S A-C / Kiri / S A-C...
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    Another fast one! Composition: Koto / S A-C / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / S A-C / Koto Weight: 90.9g Thickness: 5.8mm Freq.: 1485Hz Balance: 3.5cm (Med)
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    A custom order combi blade. Composition: Limba / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / SZLC / Koto Weight: 90.3g Thickness: 5.85mm Freq.: 1464Hz Balance: 2.6cm (Low)
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    I have some customers who like to experiment as much as I do. That makes it even more fun for me, I can also learn from their feedback, and sometimes I get to make blades that I wouldn't think of. In this case not only the compositions are different, the handles and neck all have small tweaks...
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    Totally forgot to reply, sorry. This one is soft and light, so probably Basswood or Poplar.
  9. Development of Joo Sae-Hyuk's NEW BLADE

    I was kidding Der 🙂 I saw a picture of the side of the blade somewhere, but didn't pay much attention. I did notice it had a thick second layer, which was also something he had on his Butterfly blade.
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    Another flag to the collection. The blade itself was based on a Tibhar Defense plus but with a few tweaks. Composition: Fineline / Balsa / Ayous / Ayous / Limba Weight: 79g Thickness: 6.4mm Freq.: 1205Hz Balance: 2.1cm (Very Low)
  11. Development of Joo Sae-Hyuk's NEW BLADE

    Can I reveal it? 😁 Honestly, I think a 7 ply is the most sensible solution for an attacking chopper nowadays, so I'm not surprised JSH and Oscar went in that direction. I've been making a few myself, you get more stability when defending but also more power when attacking.
  12. Ebony Blades ?

    I doesn't make sense to make reconstituted wood out of exotic wood, that's exactly the thing they are trying to imitate at a cheaper price. Normally they use Ayous, poplar, maple, which are lighter woods, both in weight as well as in color, so they are easy to stain. I have several types of...
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    The frequency is high because it's very thick and very stiff as a consequence. It's a very a very fast blade, but it's designed to absorb energy at high impact, especially with ox pips. Balsa is fragile but, as Yoass pointed out, having multiple layers helps. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one was a first for me, very challenging but fun experience, and also a learning opportunity. It's not easy working with balsa and cork, but at least I wanted to give it a clean look because I always see these types of blades with such clumsy edges. They also look very boring, with just a...
  15. Ebony Blades ?

    Well, I can present my case: See how the color transition is clearly marked? That feels sketchy to me, it should fade from one color to another. That orange is very vivid, doesn't look natural. All the sample I've seen have a very straight grain, Andro must have a really outstanding QC I...
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! No,they were commissioned.
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    These babies aren't going on any of my blades, but hopefully they will find good homes 🙂
  18. Ebony Blades ?

    I may be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the top on the Gauzy SL Off is fineline. If that is the case, shame on you Andro... Anyway, the reasons have been stated, Ebony is expensive, hard and heavy, so it's not easy to use it in a blade. There is also a more recent reason, the species (several...
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    The one on the left is a basic ST handle, but it was a bit modified according to the owner's request. The other one is a conical handle.
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    Another pair of fake twins. This time, besides the obvious difference in the handles, there is also a slight twist in the composition as one of the blades has a Limba middle ply and the other one Ayous. It may not seem like much, but it does make an impact in the performance, despite having the...
Top