Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    This was the second blade in the katana family, made for the same costumer. Composition : Black Walnut / Yellow Pine / Ayous / Yellow Pine / Ako Weight: 87.6g Thickness: 5.7mm Freq. : 1205 Hz
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    This is the feedback I got from the owner of that blade when compared to a National W968: "I think this makes the blade faster in the lower gears due to access to the carbon sooner. Overall the blade has a great woody feel with good dwell." There were some differences in blade construction that...
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks!
  4. Which Blade to choose

    I had a team mate with the same disability as you. He couldn't bend his legs so he played in a very upright position and moved very little. He had a push blocking style of play, blocking with the BH and attacking with the FH. He used an Joola Chen Defender blade with a softyish offensive rubber...
  5. Looking for "not-head-heavy" blade

    This is something I always discuss with the customer. Certain compositions are naturally more heavy, that means that not a lot of weight is reserved for the handle. If a more exotic handle is desired, there is no other option than to hollow out the handle. So, a decision has to be made: - Solid...
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! Yes, I will once I get the chance.
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    Another Innegra S - Carbon blade (IC), this time it's an inner fiber type. Structure: Black Limba / Limba / IC / Ayous / IC / Limba / Black Limba Weight: 81.3g Thickness: 5.7mm Freq.: 1205 Hz
  8. Question for Blade-Builders

    Perhaps you can try to make two exact blades and just change the top ply, Limba and koto would be the main candidates. But a 7 ply redwood blade would also be very interesting!
  9. Question for Blade-Builders

    Great Blades Nate! With access to so much core wood I think it would be interesting to make a few similar blades, but changing one variable at a time to make an objective comparison. Do blades 1 and 2 share the same dimensions? It's curious because I feel hide glue is heavier than PU.
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    It also serves as a throwing device if you want to knock your opponent down
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks!
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    I've taken the opportunity to make a few experiments during this quarantine, this is one of them. A 3 ply blade with a concrete handle! Even my cat got curious :p Did I fool ya? I guess not... Of course it's not concrete but it has a really nice texture, it would be great for those who are...
  13. Blade Repair by SDC

    This is something that I already did in the past, I've just never posted it. Well, I think I've posted a repair of an old 1 ply, maybe I should post it here to keep it organized. I also do handle swaps, in fact I did one for a pro player ;) I really liked the feeling of that blade, very solid...
  14. Blade Repair by SDC

    I didn't get to play with it, it's not my blade and also because of the quarantine. I will have to wait for the owner to give some feedback. But I'm sure there is not gonna be any difference, it's just a jointed top like so many blades out there.
  15. Blade Repair by SDC

    This Viscaria needed some love. I could have replaced the whole top ply, but that would mean removing the handle. So, there were more things that could go wrong. The transition is very smooth and a new sealing will prevent more splintering in the future.
  16. LF: Butterfly Amultart

    The core on the Garadya series is Kiri. Fortunately Butterfly has very good quality so it's easy to identify by the grain pattern just looking at the pictures. Regarding your XVT blade, the fiber has a pale yellow color, much more like Aramid than Zylon.
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    This was one of the first blades I've built because I wanted to try a one ply blade. However, it was bullied and neglected for being overweight (112g!). But this blade wouldn't give up, so after a diet, a lot of exercise (and some cosmetic surgery) it managed to loose some weight. It's still a...
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    To be honest, neither am I, but it's a good way to show my work. Wow, that's great! I wasn't even born 40 years ago.
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    Well, that is the purpose of custom made blades, but unfortunately some people don't seem to understand. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! Purple heart is also heavy and those handles were the heaviest I made so far. The combination of woods in the blade is fairly light so it allows for a heavier handle. This was the most balanced blade until now, 1/3 of the weight was in the handle so it feels very light. No secret here...
Top