Search results

  1. Questions about building blades

    I've started making my own blades. So far i made 2, but they are still missing the handles. That got me thinking on a few things. Has anyone tried these? 1. Making the same blade but with different handle length, or even handles with different lengths on the same blade? Would this work as a way...
  2. Amazed by the low weight of the Palio AK74 rubbers... wow.

    I finally had the chance to try these rubbers. AK47 red on the FH and blue on the bh on a DHS H301. The whole setup was new to me but it was quick to adjust. The blue is perfect for the bh and i'm probably gonna stick with it. Drives are good, and it has enough grip for over the table fast...
  3. Amazed by the low weight of the Palio AK74 rubbers... wow.

    Tiago Nunes, what blade do you use? Maybe you can try switching the yellow to the FH and get a blue for the BH. The blue is softer and has more catapult, so it is closer to european tensors.
  4. Amazed by the low weight of the Palio AK74 rubbers... wow.

    I got them from ebay (cheaper than aliexpress). You can get them at tabletennis.inters.pl however you will pay double the price plus shipping.
  5. Amazed by the low weight of the Palio AK74 rubbers... wow.

    Yeah, my setup with the H301 and two AK47 (red and blue) feels light and balanced, but still haven't had the chance to try it. Just a couple of questions. Did you try boosting the red to soften it? And can you comment on durability? They are very cheap, even if they only last a couple of months...
  6. Help returning player choose equipment

    Well, i got a DHS 301 and two AK47 (red and blue) in the mail yesterday. It's going to be torture because i can't try the setup until late August because the club is closed. However, i have a few first impressions: Blade: I think i will love this blade. It doesn't feel stiff and has "good...
  7. How do we need start to build our own blade business?

    There are several companies in Portugal that sell veneers, however they are used in construction so i don't know if we are able to get them in small quantities. Also, i don't know if we are able to specify the thickness we want. Maybe the only option is to order them from the UK, i have no idea...
  8. How do we need start to build our own blade business?

    I'm gonna try to build blades too, i have some experience building guitars so this should be simpler. I would say that in terms of tools a router is mandatory, so you can cut your templates and your blades with precision. You would also need some kind of saw, chisel, etc, to sculpt the handles...
  9. Struggling to drive the ball after change to chinese rubber

    I agree with this. I thinks his arm his way too stiff and far way from the body. To do a proper drive the OP should have the elbow more tucked in to the body a let the forearm lead the movement. I also agree with yogi_bear that a brushing movement should be used. In this case i would describe...
  10. Help returning player choose equipment

    Today i trained with a lightly boosted H3 on the FH. It felt much more confortable. I was able to generate more speed and spin on top spins but had to adjust the block because they were hitting the bottom of the net. Service was also much better. So i will stick with something similar to H3 on...
  11. 729 Presto comparision to ESN, Battle I, Tenergy

    I haven't played with these rubbers but i've also been looking into them as an option for the backhand. Altough, at about 25€ they are not that cheap. I found this description on a polish site: "The Presto pads are a further development of the Friendship Battle. The Presto Speed ​​is both much...
  12. Appelgren Allplay upgrade

    I played with 3 blades from that list, the Appelgren, Persson and Waldner, can't comment on the others. Moving from the Appelgren i think the Waldner is a safe bet. The feeling is different but they all will be as the Appelgren is very soft. The Waldner is a solid blade, with very nice control...
  13. Help returning player choose equipment

    Thanks yogi_bear, those seem good suggestions, especially the Fell AX which is not very expensive. However, i decided to take a shot on the H301 and it's already on it's way. Now i just need to decide on the rubbers.
  14. Help returning player choose equipment

    Thanks SFF_lib, sounds like the H301 is what i'm looking for :)
  15. Help returning player choose equipment

    Ok, so flextra is out of the question, i don't like stiff blades. The lkt sound was just the rubber that was in the blade and i didn't have any glue, after 4 years it had dried. So i'm looking for something similar/better than a H3 boosted, without the need to boost (preferably). By the positive...
  16. Help returning player choose equipment

    I will try the H3 to see if i can still play with it. If the battle 2 is similar is a cheaper option and i can stick with it.
  17. Help returning player choose equipment

    The Fextra seems a good option. Is it stiff? I played with a PG7 back then which i didn't like very much because of that. However those rubbers seem slow, at least that's what you said in your review. Guess i will have to take a few chances but there are so many options now it's confusing
  18. Help returning player choose equipment

    Hello! I'm returning to table tennis (and also ttdaily) after a 4 year hiatus. The last time i played the celluloid ball was still used. I did a couple of training sessions with the new ball and found harder to generate speed and spin so i´m looking to upgrade my old bat. I played with waldner...
  19. Chinese topsheet + Euro/Jap sponge

    Because it's not as simple as that, both of those aspects don't depend on just the rubber or top sheet, they depend on the interaction between those two.
Top