Search results

  1. Blade between WSC and TB ALC

    I will try the ZJ ALC with my rubbers. My friend is willing to sell it for 100€, it is in very good condition so i think it is a fair price. I would love to try the Crest Ar+, but 105€ for something i'm not sure i would like is a bit much for me.
  2. Blade between WSC and TB ALC

    Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess i will ask my friend to try his blade with my rubbers, it's the safest choice.
  3. Blade between WSC and TB ALC

    I know Viscaria,TB ALC, and ZJ ALC are supposed to have the same structure, but i tried my friend's ZJ ALC and it is significantly softer and i also prefer the handle. He is willing to sell it, maybe it's a good option. However i could get the Ovtcharov no.1 for less and maybe it would suit me...
  4. Blade between WSC and TB ALC

    I've been playing back and forth with these blades. I love the control i get with the WSC but miss the speed, with the TB ALC i have the speed but miss the control, i wish it was just a little softer. I've read that Viscaria feels a little softer than TB ALC, is it true? These are some of the...
  5. Country championships 2019

    Portuguese championships are also this weekend. I will play singles and doubles. Out of the big names only Andre Silva and Diogo Carvalho are coming. I think Andre will win.
  6. New blade with more feeling ? (current is tibhar IV S)

    The Waldner Senso Carbon is a limba outer blade with nice feeling and relatively cheap. If he wants more speed in the future just upgrade the rubbers.
  7. ZhangLei on MaLong's injury: Very serious, may affect 2020 olympics.

    It's not only the reps. Tennis has levels of impact on the joints that TT doesn't. You play in a much harder court where you have to run, jump, slide, and make abrupt changes of directions, that's not good for your knees... Also, you'r swinging a heavier racket around and striking a much heavier...
  8. ZhangLei on MaLong's injury: Very serious, may affect 2020 olympics.

    Yes, it's not as fast but it can be very hard, you have to travel a much greater distance to get to the ball and do a much longer stroke. I used to do this, something like playing only FH in various spots of the court, or FH -> BH -> Dropshot, it was like HIIT training.
  9. Forced away from the table

    When i find myself in that position i think creating angles and increasing spin are my best options. Some basic tactics like a short serve to the FH followed by a opener to the wide BH. Or a short serve to the middle, spiny opener to the elbow followed by a wide shot. Anything that gets the...
  10. Forced away from the table

    If he is playing better opponents it's only natural he will step back a little more because some of his shots that were usually winners are now coming back. He's not used to that so he has to make time to take the next shot, and the only way to do that is by creating space. Like NDH said, it's...
  11. ZhangLei on MaLong's injury: Very serious, may affect 2020 olympics.

    I played tennis for a few years before getting in to TT, i actually quit tennis because i was always injured. There are 2 things i think are being confused here, which are effort and repercussions. You can put as much effort in TT as in tennis, you can train the same amount of hours and the...
  12. Hard European topspin rubber

    I have been playing with G1 on the FH, but i'm giving MX-S a try. After just one training session i'm inclined to agree with yoass, MX-S is a very good rubber but very demanding. It feels slightly harder than G1, but the G1 is well worn while the MX-S is brand new. I'm hoping it will soften up a...
  13. BH against high bouncing balls

    This is how i do it :)
  14. Need help, finding a good BH rubber.

    Morizono Masataka uses G1 on the BH and Tenergy on the FH. I suspect a lot of other japanese players use G1 on both or one side.
  15. Need help, finding a good BH rubber.

    Yes, that's what i'm using. I don't think is very bouncy, there are way worse rubbers out there. The only thing i don't like it's the durabilitity. The topsheet lasts long enough, but after the effect of the factory booster is gone there is a decrease in performance. In your case this can be a...
  16. Need help, finding a good BH rubber.

    I think the Bluefire M2 fits all your needs.
  17. Fan Zhendong using all wood blade at the World Team Cup

    Alex_RSH, yes if you remove the handle and glue it 1-2mm higher you will marginally increase the blade stiffness. The opposite is also true. However, it's impossible for us to know if FZD does this. If he gets the blade and just replaces the handle it would be logical to glue the new handle in...
  18. Reverse dome on rubbers

    Then it should be called "Compressor". I love the rubber, and i suspect that part of it's charm is because of this behavior, it's just very annoying to glue.
  19. Reverse dome on rubbers

    The purpose of tensors is to mimic speedglue effect, so i always assumed they stretched the topsheet in order to create tension when flattening the rubber. If the the rubber is curling inwards it means that when the rubber is glued it will compress the topsheet, this is the opposite of tension...
Top