Search results

  1. Reverse dome on rubbers

    Why does this happen? I have seen this happen in some rubbers, namely boosted rubbers that i peel off the racket after some time. It's understandable because the sponge expanded and then returned to it's original size. But i have a Nittaku G1 that came with significant reverse dome out of the...
  2. High pitch vs low pitch on blades

    That´s me. Pitch is affected by the stiffness of the blade. Higher stiffness means higher pitch. Stiffness is dictated by many factors such as weight, composition, thickness, head size, etc... Out of these, weight is the most important when correlating pitch to speed. If the composition is the...
  3. Fan Zhendong using all wood blade at the World Team Cup

    I don't follow his career with much attention, but i really liked his game against Dyjas.
  4. Which balls are the worst

    It seems a vein was about to pop in his head from all the bs.
  5. Fan Zhendong using all wood blade at the World Team Cup

    I guess that's why he's playing better.
  6. Fan Zhendong using all wood blade at the World Team Cup

    There is a photo of his blade over at Mytt, Clipper like blade with korbel handle, but it's from 2016.
  7. Chubby pros

    The basic principle is simple, calories in vs calories out. However, every person is different and the body is great at adapting to different stimulus. As an example, is was weighing 75 kg but was carrying a little too much BF for my taste. So i decided to cut, gradually reducing my food intake...
  8. Which balls are the worst

    Butterfly G40 are awful, but unfortunately it's what we use in competition around here. They are light, smooth, sound broken and have an unpredictable bounce.
  9. Hungarian Open 2019

    Whats wrong with Zhou Yu?
  10. Good tabletennis shoes

    I have sensible feet and most table tennis shoes are too soft for me. Also, it's very hard here to find stores with table tennis shoes so I look at other indoor sports. I recommend you to look at badminton shoes, they are light and reinforced for sideways movements. Right now i'm using Carlton...
  11. Hungarian Open 2019

    I think he saw, it just took him a while because the referee was being very stubborn. Yes, Dyjas choked in that set.
  12. Hungarian Open 2019

    Nice game between Shibaev and Dyjas. Shibaev showing good sportsmanship by missing a serve after a point that was wrongly taken away from Dyjas.
  13. New blade donic 2019

    I tried briefly the Appelgren and the Waldner. The handles are nice, very comfortable. The Appelgren is very playable, not extremely fast and nice touch. The Waldner is very springy, i didn't like it at all. I imagine the Persson would be even worse.
  14. Blade Suggestions

    Hi Morgado, where are you from? If you live near Porto I have a few homemade blades that you can try. They are all all-wood ranging from all+ to off. The one i was playing until now is very similar to Korbel and i think it might suit you.
  15. Tactics you always use

    Ah ah, I actually like to play against lefties, it's just that some of my usual tatics don't work. Now i even like to play against anti and LP. Sometimes it's difficult but it brings variety to the game. The only thing that gets on my nerves are illegal serves.
  16. Tactics you always use

    My main tactic is to serve short to the FH side, followed by a strong BH opener to the BH corner. Sometimes i make a strong push if the return is short, just by making the opponent move a lot can get me the point or a easy ball to attack. I also try to vary the amount of spin on the serve, so it...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    One thing i did different was to start my warm up very slowly, mostly because of the cold, but gradually increasing the speed and spin to get a really good feel for the ball. Then i was able to play much more relaxed, while still maintaining a good pace. The blade allows me to to that, my...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I didn't wanted to like it but damm... it's great. I have been playing with my homemade blades, but i always think there is something missing, some lack power away from the table, others are great for BH but not so much the FH and others the opposite. It was hard finding the balance between...
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    New year, new gear. I call this the heavy weight series :p Blade 2.2 - This one is a remake of my 2nd build. I liked the blade, but i didn't like the handle. This was when i was still using PVA glue, when i removed the handle the top layer just separated from the rest, so i had to apply a new...
  20. Kim Jung Hoon BH Fast Loop vid... a few revelations

    Yeah, i bend my knees, rotate slightly to the left (i'm right handed) then explode up while accelerating the forearm and the wrist. I used to play tennis so my movement is very rooted on my tennis basics.
Top