Search results

  1. Stiga DNA Hybrid XH

    I have two news. I have heard that only the red g-1 has that dome and since I play the black version most of the time I did not notice it. I head a robot session testing the hybrid H and I am now willing to change from the hybrid M to the Hybrid H. I will update my findings later
  2. Harder option that is similar to Fastarc G1

    Perhaps it's smarter to compare the g-1 with the regular hybrid mk. The hybrid mk(48°) was similarily controlled in the short game, but has noticeable higher throw. This means you have to close the bat angle more to not overshoot the table. I did try the hybrid mk pro(50°) with high hopes, but...
  3. Harder option that is similar to Fastarc G1

    Mx-d is much bouncier and Hybrid MK has a higher throw. You can try Stiga DNA Hybrid M and H. Both are slightly less bouncy than G-1 but with pretty good spin capabilities.
  4. Stiga DNA Hybrid XH

    here is a review in russian (turn on english subtitles) for the DNA Hybrid "H" variant of the rubber. After a while you should figure out the terms that are used (i.e. "playing from the left" means backhand)
  5. Nittaku Acoustic wood FL or SG Special

    No, SG is just very slightly thicker, but shorter than LG, while flared is the smallest
  6. Stiga DNA Hybrid XH

    That is odd. Mine never curled and I am through at least 10 sheets, mostly 2.0, some in max. Perhaps it has to do with temperature ? Since G-1 is produced in Germany and does not need to travel far nor go through high temperatures, perhaps mine is just as it is from the factory. Purely flat
  7. Stiga DNA Hybrid XH

    I have put the Stiga DNA Hybrid H on my second blade but was not able to do more with it than bounce a ball on it and compare it with the Hybrid M. The H is indeed harder in feeling, but what is best is that the short game probably is much easier with this one. The Hybrid M is already more...
  8. Stiga DNA Hybrid XH

    Then it is really simple. Do you want a very high throw, take the hybrid mk. If you want even more control in the short game plus medium high throw then take the stiga hybrid m
  9. Stiga DNA Hybrid XH

    I can only speak for the M variant, which I believe to be on one level with G-1, Hybrid MK and the like
  10. Stiga DNA Hybrid XH

    Good to know that the rubber still holds up. The Stiga DNA Hybrid rubbers seem to not only differ in sponge hardness, but also in pimple geometry. At least this is what it looks like to me Top is Hybrid M, below Hybrid H and on the bottom Hybrid XH.
  11. Setup Questions

    let's not argue about the usage of my words. It was only when i was asked to explain the grip column further, when i used the word "sticky" and i think it describes what most non-native english speakers would understand if you showed them the test. It tests how much the weight sticks on the...
  12. Setup Questions

    A few thoughts: The sheet was assembled with the data of a japanese youtube channel that would measure these things. Since this includes very old rubber tests it might be possible that the easurement method evolved and tenergy05 results are skewed a little. The grip column does not say anything...
  13. Setup Questions

    The first three columns are weight with packaging, without Packaging and cut to a Standard size. Then follows sponge thickness, total thickness, topsheet thickness, shore a measurement(hardness), grip, low end catapult, short o hardness(which I believe is just calculated from the shore a...
  14. Setup Questions

    Feeling is of course something subjective. Nobody can now what you do feel when you flick a ball, but if the goal is to be able to use your current technique and power level over the table without overshooting that often, then i think you might do better with something that is noticeably slower...
  15. Setup Questions

    I think it is preposterous to advise somebody who has trouble with his backhand to play a pretty hard to play rubber on that very side. The D05 is used by professionals because they got the technique and footwork to make it work, but it is by far not the best rubber to develop anything with...
  16. Rubber for chinese loop technique

    I wonder why nobody challenged the assumption that you use the Chinese looping technique, when you actually played the fastarc g-1, which is by no means comparable with Chinese rubbers or the technique necessary to employ it.
  17. Nittaku Z2 or G1

    anatomic edge's measurements of the Z2 are very different and show this not to be a very controlled rubber for the short game. With a bounce of 28cm it is way bouncier than many other more controlled robbers. For comparision bounce of the ball when it gets hit from 60cm free fall (so there is...
  18. Define MAX for me please

    that does make sense... 2.1mm sponge plus around 1.7mm top sheet will come out as 3.8mm overall thickness which is inside the 4.0mm allowed. Given manufacturing tolerances this is a sound margin for error to still stay inside 4.0 mm even if the sponge is a little thicker than defined
  19. Tibhar Hybrid MK PRO

    The description on the box does differ slightly though.
  20. Tibhar Hybrid MK PRO

    Universaly faster than Glayzer 09c. Faster in short game than Rakza Z, equally powerful or even stronger in active strokes than Rakza z.
Top