Search results

  1. Friendship 729 battle 3

    We probably don't use the Durometer the same way. As soon as the flat surface touch the sponge, I stop pushing. Maybe you just push harder. My Durometer is brand new. I have nothing to tare it. I just have a Shore A to compare to. Whatever, the important thing is the relative value compared to...
  2. Friendship 729 battle 3

    None of my 38 DHS are near 50. Big DIpper 38 is measured @47. Jupiter 3 38° is measured under 44. Arthur China supposed to be 40 DHS is measured at 46°. Their is absolutely no consistency between what the manufacturers claim and what you get for real.
  3. Friendship 729 battle 3

    "Supposed" is the main word. Measure to be sure which one is harder. 50° is pretty hard for an announced 38° rubber. Not sure it fits my style and my (approximative) technique.
  4. Friendship 729 battle 3

    38°, measured at 50° Shore-C. 2nd hardest sponge I have behind my Bloom Power measured @52°.
  5. Friendship 729 battle 3

    I played with it yesterday. It's too hard for me compared to the Arthur China. It's nice for big hits, but I'm not a hitter, so I'll pass, at least on my Long V. Maybe worth the try on my Outter carbon blades.
  6. Please make a 50d dragon grip!

    Why not the Aurora Max you seem to really love ?
  7. Best yinhe rubber for backhand?

    I found Jupiter 3 37° not bouncy or fast enough for BH. I will try it boosted tonight. Big Dipper black and red don't have the same sponge, so beware of which one you advice.
  8. Difference in Loki Pro Rubbers

    I only measure the sponge. The rubber being harder that the sponge, when you measure the rubber, the sponge has more influence than the other way around.
  9. Sponge Hardness - Manufacturer claim VS Measurement

    There has been some threads already dealing with rubbers hardness, but none is doing extensive measurements. Having received many rubbers since April, i have a large panel of results I would like to share with you. But first of all, science comes with good protocol. So what was mine ? I bought...
  10. Fancy blades are just not worth it

    This thread made me want to test Sanwei HC-1S, so I ordered it. What's its composition ? Honoki - ?? - ALC - Ayous. And what's the difference with the HC-5S ? I had trouble finding the 1S on AliExpress, why is that ? To be more consistent with the topic, I never had what you might call a fancy...
  11. Suggestion choosing my first good TT Racket.

    Then Rakza with the slowest blade possible, so that all the energy is not provided by the rubber, but by the arm. I'm glad that we finally agree :)
  12. Suggestion choosing my first good TT Racket.

    Prefering Rakza is totally normal, because it feels like the rubber plays by itself. But this make the player lazy. I say that because even with my honorable level, I've been lazy for many years with speed glue + trichloroethylene, then with tensor rubbers, and it prevents you from noticing the...
  13. Suggestion choosing my first good TT Racket.

    It encourages the rise of the prices by the manufacturers, because even beginners will buy expensive rubbers or blades only because of the fame of the equipment. Rakza is a good rubber, a very good one probably, but does a beginner will take benefit from it? No because the technique is so poor...
  14. Suggestion choosing my first good TT Racket.

    Buying a first personal racket completly not fitted to your current technique is a mistake and wasted money. Thibar 4L and 2 Mark V are enough for any beginners. A friend is at provincial level with a premade racquet. If you want to buy a blade because it feels nice, it's pretty, it's the same...
  15. Suggestion choosing my first good TT Racket.

    I don't know about your 25$ amazon racquet. I can assure you that after some months of TT, you're not skilled enough to need a better racquet than the one I suggested. You can even buy the 729 6 stars racquet and it will still be enough for years of playing.
  16. Li ning shoes

    I have this pair since April. It's very robust, but I need this because I have feet problem, and I prefer a very stable shoe rather than a dynamic one : https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJLaOKd
  17. Suggestion choosing my first good TT Racket.

    Completly overkill. Yinhe T10s for blade, Rxton 1 for forehand and Mercury 2 on backhand. 18€/$. This already good enough to have a regional level. What will make your strokes faster is training to improve your technique, that's all.
  18. Difference in Loki Pro Rubbers

    About the hardness, you really should invest in a Shore C Durometer, to eliminate any bias you could have. Only the Durometer will give you the truth.
  19. Friendship 729 battle 3

    Received mine this week. Measured at 50º, 4º more than my Big Dipper 38º. I'll try it unboosted tomorrow, and estimate if it needs boosting or not.
  20. Difference in Loki Pro Rubbers

    Shore C Durometer measurement. I'll make a post someday with measurement of dozens of rubbers. The initial indication by the manufacturer is never relevant.
Top