Search results

  1. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Taking some time to practice my Deadly Serves😂 How does one know whether the quality of serve is good or not during practice? Listen to the sound of the ball when it hits the ground, it should produce a friction sound because of the high spin, something like, " zzzzzzssssst " - My Coach. He...
  2. Video Footage Safe Thread

    and finally my coach made me do random FH and BH transition. I really still suxs at FH to BH transition and vice-versa. More so when my coach blocks randomly.
  3. Video Footage Safe Thread

    My new and improved BH drive, hopefully...
  4. Video Footage Safe Thread

    My BH to FH transition. Still not up to my own expectation. I should be able to do this much more smoothly.
  5. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Hi everyone, It has been two months since I last upload my video. The above is my FH drive.
  6. Advice to play against 2000+ player?

    Man I swear I ain't aiming to beat no 2000+ player. If I can even defeat those old uncles at my club playing pips out wearing only white singlet and shorts and sandals, I'll be darn happy!
  7. Grip vs Spin: is there a difference?

    Also to point out more inconsistencies in using term across different clubs, and this happens to me: During the early stages of my coaching, my coach will say, "don't push, topspin the ball back to me" To me pushing means contact the bottom of a ball and impart underspin and it is an defending...
  8. Help my boredom—— QnA thread

    Bird, Is your school a regular / average school in Beijing or are you attending a private / elite type school? You seem to describe a lot of high level players. I am just wondering if this is the norm or are you in some special elite school? Just to get to know the context.
  9. Changing from european forehand to chinese issues!

    Good day to you friend, I share to you what my coach told me earlier on when I was just starting to learn from him. Prior to getting serious lesson from my current coach, I was using five ply all wood blade ( Stiga ) with chinese rubber on both side. He said, to use chinese rubber you need...
  10. Is blade weight correlated to speed and different feeling (hard, soft- stiff-flexy)

    Definitely! To qualify my response, I own 3 One Ply Hinoki blades and they are my current in-use set-ups. 1. Darker Speed 90 (9mm) is around 190gm'ish with rubbers. It feels light to me. Actually the proper word to describe is it feels hollow. My loops are less bitey and my smashes has less...
  11. Help: Which shloud i Buy Nittaku Acustic vs BT Innerforce ZLF?

    For feeling & control wise, an all wood blade always beat carbon blade. Acoustic is one such as this blade. Putting Fastarc G1 on both side ( which you are already familiar ) seems like a good idea to me.
  12. Grip vs Spin: is there a difference?

    To further strengthen your point Tony, this internet coach term for block looks like BH topspin / drive to me. One coach may say block but in another part of the world it would be called drive. So term is truly confusing. What I would call a BH drive is called a block by another person....
  13. Help needed: How to deal with soft / no spin / minimal spin short ball

    Perhaps you wrote this in a jest, wait, I am sure you wrote this in jest. However, to give a little bit of context here, during my 6th coaching lesson, my coach said to me to stop using Chinese Tacky rubber as my stroke does not support it, or rather this type of rubber does not support my...
  14. Help needed: How to deal with soft / no spin / minimal spin short ball

    Thanks a million you guys. I know that I can count on you people to give some technical input that on my own I would not be able to think about. I will read some of the suggestion given a few more times to really digest it. Some of the points that stuck to my mind immediately: 1. Don't rush the...
  15. Help needed: How to deal with soft / no spin / minimal spin short ball

    I am a big guy too. I am not as nimble as my lighter and lithe compatriot. I am not that consistent with flicks, they are doable but not my go to stroke. Banana flick is a no-no for me as my percentage is too low for it to be usable in match play. Looks like long push is a good option for...
  16. Help needed: How to deal with soft / no spin / minimal spin short ball

    Cyvirat said: 1. Flick to some not very expected place, so you don't get powerful attack back, but something you can deal with 2. Push short until you or your opponents get long ball and initiate attack 3. Push not very short, so it won't be easy for your opponents to return short 4. Push short...
  17. Help needed: How to deal with soft / no spin / minimal spin short ball

    I would really like to hear how you Europeans deal with these issues? I like to play with Euro rubber these days.
  18. Help my boredom—— QnA thread

    Oh my gawd, you are a just a kid. I saw one of your vid and I assume you to be a uni student. You are lanky for your age. OK, I will be careful and to you and converse to you with age appropriateness. My apologies to you for assuming you to be an adult initially.
  19. Help my boredom—— QnA thread

    Q1. What is your major in Uni?
  20. Help needed: How to deal with soft / no spin / minimal spin short ball

    I am looper, FH dominant. I use European set up and love playing mid to far table loop a loop. My winning condition is powerful forehand loop while defending with BH ( but I am working on a more aggressive BH counter - work in progress ) I am having trouble with my club mates who all now know...
Top