Search results

  1. Serve & receive contribute 50% of your game

    The first video really open up my eyes and mind. To a lay person who isn't exposed to sport science, my intuitive thinking is that repetition training aka block style training reinforce muscle memory and this is good for the game. And boy was I wrong as proven by scientific studies. Prior to...
  2. Serve & receive contribute 50% of your game

    Carl, Luv it! Luv it! Luv this video. It brings something new to me. Appreciate it a lot. I was doing what is called Block Practice for the past four months and my coach only introduced Randomness since the last three lessons. It was messy, it was ugly and my shots was all over the place...
  3. Serve & receive contribute 50% of your game

    "Serve & receive contribute 50% of your game points. Some said one third." Ladies and gentlemen of this TT community, the above anecdotal statistic is what I gather from interacting with my circle of TT community, including here. It would appear to me a majority consensus do agree that serve &...
  4. Question for people with decent BH topspin

    Ladies & Gentlemen of this fair TT community, With regards to this punchy aka chinesey / Harimoto'ish BH versus traditional loopy BH ala Timo Bollish type, kindly allow me to add my little two cents worth of comment. As mine is not under the category of Timo Bollish type so I can't comment on...
  5. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Thanks NL, This BH is entirely from my coach as prior to this I have no BH or at least BH that is capable of generating spin. BTW, I will be playing in a little inter-club competition in two weeks' time. I hope to upload some footage here for your constructive criticism. Watch this space.
  6. Advice to play against 2000+ player?

    I have always been intrigued by this USTTA rating and have not fully grasp the relationship of the points versus quality. Anyway, an opportunity presented itself when a US based player came to my club for summer visit. He is an avid player, based in Chinatown, NY. Just to gauge how this rating...
  7. Question for people with decent BH topspin

    Thanks for your feedback. Now I know 100 uninterrupted strokes is considered decent. Thanks for setting the standard. BTW, what is the reason that will make me more consistently?
  8. Table tennis vs badminton - which is more popular

    My country has produced some world class badminton players over the years. Walk into any Tom, Dick & Harry sports store and you'll see racks and racks of badminton related equipment but hardly any TT related equipment. So, it will be badminton for me.
  9. Advice to play against 2000+ player?

    I have the same problem when playing with better players. Their serves always get to me. I am resign to the fact that is ces't la vie and que sera sera. It is like when one is still a baby with not developed muscle, no matter how much one tries or wish for, he just cannot stand up and walk. A...
  10. Question for people with decent BH topspin

    The above is my latest BH drive. Whether it is decent or not, I let others decide.However, I wish to chime in with my coach's pointers: 1. Hit at position 1 or just as the ball bounces. This means hit early and rapidly just as the ball bounce up. This also means moving in to hit the ball and not...
  11. Be honest guys: you don't need carbon blades

    I ain't need no carbon. Just gimme a piece of really thick wood...
  12. Frustrated & Confused

    Some people are born with literal superpower. But, nice of you to drop in Tom and add your two cents. Love it.
  13. Frustrated & Confused

    NDH, He is already doing point Nos. 2 with me a lot, unfortunately I am a slow learner in this aspect. I can't seem to be able to do it consistently in match-play which brings me to a dilemma, While waiting for my skill level to mature, and god knows when, I will lose a lot in tourneys. Losing...
  14. Frustrated & Confused

    Good day to my TT community, I wish to pose a question here that is bugging me. It starts like this: My country has entered Covid endemic phase and is opening up. A lot of competitions are resuming and players are excited, including myself. A few days ago, a veteran player in my club said...
  15. Video Footage Safe Thread

    For those who follow this thread, you may recall my old BH was more of a blocking type. I could not generate spin on my own but now I can drive back with added spin and not longer just passive block.
  16. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Thanks NDH for your word of encouragement. This is my 3rd lessons where the coach start to give me random placement of return. Previously we would do preset drills like 2BH then 2 FH or something similar. It is hard, and you can see I wheeze more than those previous drills. I believe the more...
  17. Video Footage Safe Thread

    To summarize, are you saying for me to stay a little bit further from the table so that I have more time to transition between FH / BH as well as have more time to adjust my grip? Is my interpretation of your above statement correct?
  18. The best W968 Clones without the W968 price

    I wish to share my personal experience here: In my case I will talk about Darker Speed 90, arguably the best One Ply Hinoki Blade out there. I own one. I have played with it and I know with direct knowledge its characteristics and not based on hear say or reading about it from internet forum...
  19. Video Footage Safe Thread

    You have a keen eye friend. You notice something that is so minute. Yes you are right, I am having trouble adjusting my grip. Right now I have a preferred FH and another preferred BH grip. They are mutually exclusive to each other. I have yet to find a grip that is comfortable enough to for...
  20. Video Footage Safe Thread

    There will be some inter-club friendlies in June-22. Some players from other states will come and play with my club and I hope to get some match play footage and upload here for educational purpose. I just hope my opponent allows me to video them.
Top